Scooter Opinions Wanted...

Judy0304

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

We will be heading to Disney with my Mom soon. She will require a scooter to get around. I've seen 3 and 4 wheeled ones. Thoughts? I would think 4 wheels = more stability. However, too big to get into place?

Also - Sun Mobility seems to have good prices. I have also researched Walker. Thoughts, opinions on either?

Thanks Much!!! Judy

Hi Everyone,

We will be heading to Disney with my Mom soon. She will require a scooter to get around. I've seen 3 and 4 wheeled ones. Thoughts? I would think 4 wheels = more stability. However, too big to get into place?

Also - Sun Mobility seems to have good prices. I have also researched Walker. Thoughts, opinions on either?

Thanks Much!!! Judy

You should post this on the Disabilities board. I had questions when I needed to rent one last month and they had lots of info on them. I had a 3 wheel and they are heavy enough you won't need to worry about stability too much.

The three wheeled ones are easier to drive (easier to maneuver). We always use Walkers Mobility for my mom. We've always received excellent service and they give discounts if you keep it more than seven days and also for 1/2 days on arrival and departure days.

There are several that have had good reviews. Keep in mind that most of them have also had bad ones too!

Walker Mobility, Randys and Buena Vista scooters are the more popular ones but there was a recent review of Sun Mobility that was good.

Check out the sticky on the DISabilities board for more info.

We just rented a three wheeled one frrom Buena Vista and had a great experience. No problems with the scooter other than the person driving had to adjust to it! LOL.
She was able to get anywhere she wanted to. I'd recommend them.

If you follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread, you can find information about renting ECVs in post #2 of that thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter