Scooter at Boma's Animal Kingdom Lodge

disney's daughter

DIS Veteran
Due to back and foot issues, I have had to use a scooter while at Disney World for the last three years. One of my biggest problems was loading up on the buses and getting off of the buses....I would start thinking about it before leaving my resort and then again before leaving the park....Now, it is practically worry free as the bus drivers have been wonderful! So, that is one worry out of the way. The next thing was going to Boma's. I would have us go back to our resort first....then get on the bus, "scooter free"...then get off at Animal Kingdom Lodge bus stop...then up an ascending side walk. Well...needless to say...I have to stop and rest (because of the back pain)...then start up again....just to get into Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am ok once I get into the building and then use the elevator...but, before that...well...it's hard...and my sister keeps saying to use the scooter. She wants to go directly from a park to Animal Kingdom Lodge...with my scooter...instead of going back to our resort...parking the scooter...then getting back on a bus...exchanging it at Downtown Disney...then watching me struggle walking up to the Lodge. In all the times we have been to Boma's...I have not seen a scooter. I don't need to ride one around the restaurant...actually...just to go up that incline. Where would I park it? It is so crowded downstairs.

Just take the ECV. Either directly from the park or from your resort if you want to freshen up first. But don't transfer at DTD unless you're staying at SSR. Go to the closest open park and transfer there.

You will use the elevator to get to Boma. They have a stroller/wheelchair/ECV parking area off to one side of the stairs near the podium.

I have been to Boma 2x with a senior lady who uses an ECV. One time we parked it at the stairs (with CM approval) and she walked to the table. Another time, we took the ECV all the way to the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter