Scooter Accessories

pbrim

Mouseketeer
Sorry, this is probably a better fit for the community forum, so I have moved it there.

I have been using a scooter (Pride Gogo Elite Traveler Plus) occasionally for about 10 years, but my mobility has been decreasing. It had gotten a little worn looking and now that I am needing to use it more (and getting out more after quarantine), I am wanting to spruce it up some (new arm pads, new shroud panels, etc). But I have been looking at accessories too.

What accessories have you found the most useful? Are rear view mirrors worth the extra width? Do those visibility flags really make a difference? Pride now has under the seat storage bins, how well do they work? Anything you have found to be not worth the money?

Last edited:
Occasional use over 10 years. A new battery may be a good purchase
Yeah, actually I have to replace the battery every 3-4 years. I originally got it because I figured buying was cheaper than renting every time I went to Disney. Then I figured out I could start going to the State Fair again, going to museums again, going to the zoo again, etc. All things I had gradually given up as the arthritis in my feet, knees and back had gradually gotten worse. So not an every day kind of thing, the people I worked with never knew I ever used it, but on some occasions it made a huge improvement in my life.

When I rented a ECV last year, it came with some accessories I had never had previously and I have to say I loved them.

Simple thing, the cup holder. What a joy It was. I always have a drink at hand and used to have to carefully position it in the front basket. Awkward and sometimes a dampening experience, literally.

Cell phone holder. Big win! I could adjust the phone easily for viewing, no fumbling to get it out. No, I would ever forget to take it with me. My phone always goes with me. Loved that I could plug it into the scooter, too, for recharging, too.

Fan. Yup, that little thing made a difference.

These 3 little things gave me what I considered a Cadillac ECV experience! We opted NOT to take the rear basket, as it added unnecessary length to the overall vehicle.

I have been using a scooter (Pride Gogo Elite Traveler Plus) occasionally for about 10 years, but my mobility has been decreasing. It had gotten a little worn looking and now that I am needing to use it more (and getting out more after quarantine), I am wanting to spruce it up some (new arm pads, new shroud panels, etc). But I have been looking at accessories too.

What accessories have you found the most useful? Are rear view mirrors worth the extra width? Do those visibility flags really make a difference? Pride now has under the seat storage bins, how well do they work? Anything you have found to be not worth the money?
I have a visibility flag on my adult tricycle, and I often wish I had one on my scooter (I also have a GoGo Elite Traveler). So far, I'm just a cheapskate and wish DH would get me one like he did for my tricycle.

I have a visibility flag on my adult tricycle, and I often wish I had one on my scooter (I also have a GoGo Elite Traveler). So far, I'm just a cheapskate and wish DH would get me one like he did for my tricycle.

Did we ever figure out if that would be allowed at WDW? (The flag, not the scooter 😂 )

I seem to remember a discussion about this quite some time back, but I can’t find the post, despite my best efforts.

Frankly, I was thinking of it more as being useful around our neighborhood, on the sidewalks, in parking lots, around cars. I'm not sure Id even want to use it at WDW.

Frankly, I was thinking of it more as being useful around our neighborhood, on the sidewalks, in parking lots, around cars. I'm not sure Id even want to use it at WDW.

I think it would be great for all of those places; I have always wanted to have a retractable one, like the old car antennas that collapsed down into the fender - remember those? That would be super handy, especially for parking lots!

DH's favorite accessories:
  • Cup Holder that attaches to the basket
  • Cell phone holder (attaches where the rear view mirror would on one side)
  • Fan (attaches where the rear view mirror would on the other side)
  • Undercarriage lights, it is amazing how much of a difference this makes in people seeing you at night.
  • A second cup holder that attaches to the handlebars, he uses this one:
Having two cup holder is extremely helpful, can keep my drink in one and his in the other.

In both DH's experience and mine, rear view mirrors tend to be useless, especially in the parks because they vibrate so much that you can't see anything in them.

NOTE: All of this is on the Victory 10.2, your model may vary some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter