• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scoops challenge: Pirate style

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
OK, my idea is for WDW to promote a Resort package in a uniqely different way. The company would handpick one week per month for an entire year, call it '12 Magical Weeks' and during that time, for a package price, offer guests an experience unlike any they have received before.

In this package (make it a 2-3 night minimum) you would offer the guests 1 FP per day, per park (each), a commemorative '12 Weeks' trading pin, special activities at each Resort for the kids, specal concierge assistence to package guests with emphasis on PS's, golfing (at a discount), PI activities, etc. Have a '12 Magical Weeks' Illuminations viewing area complete with cash bar access and to top it all off, bring back EE and E-ticket nights (say 2 of each during each of the '12 Magical Weeks') in which Package guests would get in free (all others would be welcome for a fee).

This should ensure that Disney Resorts will be packed for one week each month and would allow Disney to "test" many options of future offerings.

The pricing would certainly be important as the guest MUST feel he's getting a bargain and yet Disney must make money. The PR & marketing would have to be huge and sucessful as well, but if handled properly they could have 12 weeks of magic themselves...

Any thoughts? (Dumb question, I know...But be constructive)...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Sounds like an ideal add on to one of our DVC trips....

Need a better name than that though.....and perhaps they could make it the first week of each month and pair the timing with the premiere of something special that goes on for just that month....or with the beginnings of events like the Flower and Garden Festival or Food and Wine thing at Epcot. Take advantage of the good stuff they've already got.

If it were done right, it could be great fun for guests....but I'm no bean counter so I have no idea how it would fly in that respect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter