Scoop PTP off E***

Figgy

PinPics Internal Affairs
The Scoop PTP that was listed on eBay has been pulled by the seller. It would appear that the person who had it up had second thoughts about it being there and we believe that this is wonderful news, showing respect for Scoop and his very special pin.

While we am sure that there will come a time in the future that this pin will find its way to E as this is inevitable, we am glad that it won't be yet and hope that it will be far into the future. For everyone who knows and loves Scoop Sanderson we thank this Individual for removing it.

We think this would be a wonderful time for everyone to share a Scoop story. We would love to hear from you if you have been awarded the pin and how you felt upon receiving it, but feel free to share any Scoop Sanderson Story with all of us.

For further Scoop Stories you can read the thread over on the Dizpins message board. Here is the link: http://pub114.ezboard.com/fdizpinsboardsfrm2.showMessage?topicID=12357.topic

PinPics and Dizpins

Scoop stories... Hmmm. I bet we could find a few...

The person who had it on PinPics is not the same one who put it up on E. I am not sure if the one on PinPics traded it or just took it off though.

figgy

Gosh so many Scoop moments to share. The coolest was the second time that Britt and I met Scoop. We had gotten a hold of the Press 2000 pin from the press set at WDW and Britt was very excited to give the pin to Scoop because he knew he was into Press pins. Well after looking and missing him for almost an hour we finally ran him to ground near the Barbershop (which is no longer there). We handed Scoop the pin like it was Gold and he gushed at us and gave us the Olympic Spirit pin that was very HTF. We were thrilled.

Later after I got to know him much better he confided in me that he had already found the pin that we had given him but that we had been so excited that he didn't have the heart to tell us. I laughed with him about it because it is true at the time we would have been crushed to know that he already had it.

To me more than anything that tells what kind of person he is. Going out of his way to never injure feelings and filled with such generosity and Disney Spirit that it just flows out of him. Everytime I am around him I feel so happy and good about pins and Disney and everything. He is the best pick me up around.

If you have never been to see him do so you will find yourself smiling with your whole being by the time you say good-bye to him...

Scoop you to me are everything good that Disney stands for.. Thank you for everything.

figgy

The first time I met Scoop I was told by someone, I cannot remember who, that I should look Scoop up. My husband was getting a haircut and Scooped walked by. I left my whole bag of pins on the floor of the barber shop and traveled to Exposition Hall with Scoop. He was talking all the way up Main Street to everyone around him. And we talked about pins. He gave me a Mickey clown pin and that pin is still one of my favorites and you can find it on my hat that wear to Disney World.

About a year later I was standing in line waiting to buy those imfamous Parade Pins - there must have been about 200 people standing in line that competely circled Exposition Hall - Scoop was playing Flipping Pin and other pin games. He ask for everyones attention and started talking about someone that "oozzes Pixie Dust". I thought to myself that was a wonderful thing to say about someone, and then he said my name. I was so shocked as I had not been to Disney World or talked to Scoop in over year. I was not sure how he even knew who I was.

But my favorite Scoop moment was one day when we were there for the 1 o'clock pin talk. In the middle of the pin talk a couple walked by and they were strolling their baby. Their baby was very special and Scoop walked over and started talking to her and making her laugh. So he was on the floor and crawling and playing with her. He had her laughing so hard you could hear her all over the place. She started to get tired and Scoop picked up the baby and rocked her to sleep. He put the baby back in her stoller and then found some Dumbo pins for her. And then we went back to talking about pins. I was truly a Magical Moment and one I will never forget.

And Scoop - thank you for helping me replace my lost possession - It means more to me then you will ever know.

So Okay, I am a Scoopie and I am proud of it.

Darlene

This happened last September, a few days after the Epcot pin event.

We were all in Exposition Hall, Scoop had just completed his 1:00 PM pin chat, and the small crowd was breaking up.

The Dapper Dans had been hanging around the fringe of the crowd. They tapped Scoop on the shoulder and reminded him that one of the pin chat crowd had asked for a bit of a serenade.

Scoop of course wanted to "sing along." :rolleyes:

At first he pretended not to know the tune, then he made a few <i>painful</i> false starts, and then he sang this <b>incredible</b> counterpoint that mesmerized the crowd. :teeth:

This is one of my favorite magical moments.

:D

Darlene,
You made me cry!
I have been to so many of Scoops talks and he always makes Pin Trading sound better and better.
I have seen Scoop on Main Street stop and talk to people as they enter the parks, but he always seems to take more time with the children. And if there is a "special" child coming in he gives them extra time. I remember a child who came into Expo Hall with his family and Scoop stopped his talk and went right over to his wheelchair to talk to him.
I love my Scoop Sanderson pin and will kee it forever. I was thrilled to get it, and getting it from both Scoop and Darlene was priceless.
But the memory I have of Scoop and my interaction together is when h gave me my CTT pin. I was all ready to see Leslie get hers, I had the camera ready to click away some memories and he announced:
I would like to give this CTT pin to....Peggie All I saw through my camera lens was Scoop's hand and my cherished CTT pin. Oh, and the shocked look on Leslie..that was a classic.
Scoop has made so many memories for all of us, it was difficult to pick one. Peggie

How I meet Scoop is interesting. I knew I wanted to go to a pin talk but was not sure which one. I knew I would need an interpreter to do this. I emailed Mark Jones, coordinator of interpreting and explained to him what I was interested in, asked could it be done and which pin talk he recommended.
Well, Mark set it up and on my next trip to the MK I went to Scoop Pin Talk with Theresa interpreting for me. I think it was the first time his talk was interpreted into sign language.
At the end of the talk, imagine my surprise when Scoop gave me my CTT pin. What impressed me even more is Scoop made sure my interpreter recieved a certificate as well.

I am so excited that I was at Robyn's special moment and at Peggies special moment too.

IT seems like Scoop makes everyone's moments in WDW special.

Darlene

It's all true!

I want to start sharing more stories too. I meet some really great people and I want everyone to know about them. I'm so busy writing for the Main Street Gazette, I hardly have time write on the World Wide Wire.

Thanks for all these great memories!

The first time I met Scoop, who was already legend, I was rushing to a Birthday lunch at the Crystal Palace. I was running late, naturally, and Scoop was walking Butterscotch near the Hub.
He saw my trading vest with the Maleficent Dragon on it that I always wear, and ran over to me. Well, we start talking, and next thing you know, he call the Mayor over and we all start talking about THE pin, and pin trading in general. Then they found out it was my grand-nephew's birthday we were celebrating, so they gave me special stickers to help celebrate his second birthday in style. When I gave him the stickers, it made his day. Thanks Scoop.

We met Scoops on Christmas 2000. We had heard about his pin talk and wanted to see what it was all about. Boy did that start a frienship we will cherish for a long time to come. Scoops is probley responsible more than anyone else for the manner in wich I trade pins. He is truly addicted to his pins,and to proper trading.
Anyone who puts his or her Scoops PTP pin up for trade or sale can't have the respect for Scoops as many of the true traders have.:(
Thanks Kris & Sharon

I have known Scoop for a few years now and have seen many things he has done to make people smile. Sure we all know him for the pins and the pin talk but to really see Scoop in action catch him out on Main ST interacting with those around him. You have got to see the looks on people’s faces as he walks his dogs. You know Butterscotch and Liquorish. Well it is priceless.

I have to say I was honored with a CCT from him but that (While a great memory) is not my favorite. No mine is from my trip down in Nov last year. I went with a few family members that have never been to WDW. One of the days I had my sisters kids with me along with my step mom. Well Robert was being the perfect teen. He was bored. We were in the MK and he was bored. Well we ran in to Scoop. After a few introductions... Scoop went to work on poor Robert. He had him laughing inside of 2 minutes. It was great. He kept them smiling for a good 10 minutes then he took time to make sure both Robert and Melissa had a special gift... Not a CCT or anything along those lines. He asked them what their favorite characters where and then produced a pin for each of them. Robert got a Donald Duck pin and Melissa got a Tinker Bell. He even gave my step mom a pin… Well Robert never took that pin off and still has it on his backpack... He talked about this for the next few days as one of the best parts of MK (he also loved Space Mountain). But ever since then that is how I think of Scoop. As part of the Magic that makes the Magic Kingdom what it is...

Like I said we all know Scoop from the pin talks and the parades and the posts here... But the next time you are there. Take a few moments and watch him as he strolls along Main St USA. And see him do what so few people can do... Make the world smile... One person at a time.

DSC00463.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter