Scientology! - Alleged Cults 101 - Cupcakes & Kool Aid for all!!!

Yes - I believe she this is a 2 1/4 birthday. The way we all celebrate.

In November I will be celebrating my 35 1/4 birthday. :)

Heh! :lmao: In the first Suri pics we saw, she looked much older than they were saying. If she really does have a different birthday, are they ever going to tell her?? :confused3

CHICAGO (AP) - Oprah might want to nail down her furniture. Tom Cruise is scheduled to return to "The Oprah Winfrey Show," nearly three years after a couch-jumping appearance that spawned countless YouTube parodies and late-night jokes.

The two-part show will coincide with the 25th anniversary of Cruise's booty-shaking turn in the film "Risky Business." Friends and colleagues will surprise Cruise with taped messages honoring his work in movies, according to a statement Thursday from Harpo Productions.

Winfrey will interview Cruise from his home in Telluride, Colo., for the first show on May 2, which will cover his "family, his life and the future," Harpo said. Then on May 5, Cruise will appear in Winfrey's Chicago studio.

Cruise became the butt of jokes after a May 2005 appearance on Winfrey's show, where he repeatedly jumped on the talk-show host's couch, saying his love for then-new girlfriend Katie Holmes was "beyond cool."

Cruise and Holmes became parents in April 2006 with the birth of their daughter, Suri, and married in Italy in November 2006.

She's into the Koolaid big time.

Heck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Ex-Scientology Kids Share Their Stories

'But some former members of the Sea Organization, or Sea Org (Scientology's version of clergy -- the group of people who essentially run the church), including a niece of Miscavige, see another side to the religion. They spoke to "Nightline" about how they became increasingly disillusioned with the Church of Scientology, until they decided it was time to leave. '

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=4702271&page=1

Just saw this and thought it was interesting (it's long, sorry):

Tom's Career Dead?

Tom Cruise's Career is Dead … Or Is It?
Tom Crusie in Valkyrie
‘The craziest movie star in America is playing a Nazi colonel with one eye, one hand, and three fingers who tries to bomb the Fürher and take over the Third Reich, but instead kills everyone in the room but Hitler, and eventually dies by firing squad. What more could America want on PRESIDENTS' DAY WEEKEND?'
-Blogger

Tom Cruise’s Nazi outing, the historical thriller Valkyrie, won’t be in theaters anytime soon.

United Artists has delayed the release a second time, reviving fevered speculation that it is unsalvageable.

It’s moved from June to October (and possible Oscar consideration) to February 13, 2009. UA says it is meant to take advantage of a suddenly open long weekend, Friday the 13th, the US Presidents’ Day weekend. Pink Panther II and The Wolfman just vacated the slot.

The date also avoids the final days of the US presidential follies and inauguration, when people lock on the **** tube and stay out of theatres.

It’s not unusual for films to be delayed to improve, reshoot, and reedit, blah, blah blah. Post-Oscar eligibility winter is not the kiss of death – Remember The Silence of the Lambs and the Passion of the Christ?

Internet pundits are ablaze with tales that Valkyrie is so colossally over budget and so awful that it must be shunned and put down, along with Tom Cruise and the company producing it.

Cruise acquired UA, his toy studio, in November of 2006, just after he was kicked off the Paramount lot for couch jumping. You get the feeling people are dying to see Tom and UA crash and burn.

Trust me; reports of Cruise, Valkyrie and UA’s deaths are premature. What we have here is a worldwide epidemic of blatant, ongoing Cruise-ism.

Recent Internet Cruise bashing:

•‘Valkyrie is dead.” - thehotblog.com

•‘If you are trying to open a Tom Cruise movie (in February) that is not a Valentine's Day comedy, you are admitting defeat with the date’ – www.thehotblog.com

•‘United Artists is dead’ – www.defamer.com

•‘Mr. Cruise needed time with a dialect coach to refine his German accent (although he doesn’t use one)’ – an Asian website.

•‘Cruise’s hard California accent’ and ‘Tom with that big grin’ and eye patch - making Valkyrie ‘one of the worst ideas for a film ever’ - Fox News’ Roger Friedman

•‘Lions for Lambs sucked, so Valkyrie must’ – everyone

•‘No comment ‘– Tom Cruise through spokesperson

Actual production difficulties:

•German authorities refused and then allowed the production to shoot on the actual location where the real life events of Valkyrie took place – Berlin’s Bendler Block. Big mess. Scientology versus The Germans

•Some film was damaged by the use of the wrong chemical in processing, necessitating re-shoots. Naturally, people said it was being re-shot because it sucked

•Some scenes must still be shot. People say it’s due to suckage. Director Bryan Singer had previously scheduled a North African desert battle scene for the next few weeks ‘possibly in the U.S.’

And worst of all:

•Valkyrie is under intense, microscopic and seething scrutiny by Cruise haters/lovers and coffee shop philosophers. It can not win.

The trouble with nowadays is that we’re over educated. We need to know everything about a film, before during and after release. We hunger for news on its budget, producers, hires, fires, problems, overages, feuds, leaked spoilers, gossip, innuendo, prejudices and the state of the star’s trailer and love life and ultimately, box office figures.

At this point, speculation on Valkyrie is based on absolutely nothing.
Which director Bryan Singer turns into a smile: ‘Speculation is part of the excitement of the movie business. (Valkyrie) will surprise people. It isn’t going to be what people expect.’

United Artists will prevail. It has a production slate of eleven pictures from Oliver Stones’ prestigious Pinkville to Teenage Witch to take the studio into 2010.
Cruise stands on the brink of signing for Mission Impossible 4, a franchise that has stood him in good stead through thick and thin. If the offer materializes, can Tommy bounce over the Valkyrie mess?

There are rumours that Tom’s asking price has been reduced. Who said that? Wasn’t me

Love the last line: he's taking a cut in pay because he's not quite so wanted anymore? Oh, what that must be doing to his ego!!

I know they say there's no such thing as bad publicity (Britney certainly seems to believe that), but I can't think of any recent GOOD publicity for Tom/Katie/Sci. And by recent, I mean pretty much as long as we've been talking about this.

Which must be coming up on 2 years (can you believe that?!?)....or maybe it's 2 1/4 years, allegedly.... (Didn't the original thread start with "Where's Suri?" when no one had seen her..not even BFF Leah Remini...for the first few weeks...(months)...of her life?)

Love the last line: he's taking a cut in pay because he's not quite so wanted anymore? Oh, what that must be doing to his ego!!

LMAO!!!

An English class I was in today was reading Wild Swans about the Communist Revolution in China. The mother in the book was taken in for "reindoctrination". She had to "self-criticize" and go through interrogation after interrogation and confess all her wrong-doings. She wasn't allowed to be alone. She had a "handler" that went with her everywhere at all times. She couldn't criticize her "superiors"....
It all sounded so very familiar........

I am totally laughing over how bad Tom's newest movie is!!!!! He thinks he's the second coming and he is just pathetic!!!!!!

I am totally laughing over how bad Tom's newest movie is!!!!! He thinks he's the second coming and he is just pathetic!!!!!!

I know, it's funny, isn't it? There was one quote in the article that I didn't bold that I thought was funny:
Cruise’s hard California accent’ and ‘Tom with that big grin’ and eye patch - making Valkyrie ‘one of the worst ideas for a film ever’ - Fox News’ Roger Friedman.

How did anyone think he would be good for this part? Oh yeah...he owns the studio....

Oh yeah! Oprah is so into the Kool-aid , she is SWIMMING in it!!!!

She probably owns the Kool-aid company by now!

I have seen this one coming for a long time! Her love for JT, and Tommy boy and the Smiths....all the new age crap she is spewing is really alot like scientology....it is all about worshipping yourself . I think it is like the first step to her trying to pull people away from Christianity and other organized religions and act like it is self-help stuff. In a few years she will actually be promoting Scientology for the people that swallowed what she was spreading .Is she like the only forum that will have crazy Tommy boy anymore? She is trying so hard to give him credibility. They must have something BIG on her from an audit.

Oh yeah! Oprah is so into the Kool-aid , she is SWIMMING in it!!!!

She probably owns the Kool-aid company by now!

I have seen this one coming for a long time! Her love for JT, and Tommy boy and the Smiths....all the new age crap she is spewing is really alot like scientology....it is all about worshipping yourself . I think it is like the first step to her trying to pull people away from Christianity and other organized religions and act like it is self-help stuff. In a few years she will actually be promoting Scientology for the people that swallowed what she was spreading .Is she like the only forum that will have crazy Tommy boy anymore? She is trying so hard to give him credibility. They must have something BIG on her from an audit.

Maybe, but she's been pretty honest about her past, in the past. I don't know how many skeletons she could have. I do think, whether they have something on her or not, that she is a believer. I think she started down her own path of self-adoration, and because, in the beginning, she had a real "idol-worship" of some of these celebrities, they've been able to very slowly suck her in.

All allegedly. Of course.

Just to make it clear...I agree with you...I'm just not sure they NEEDED anything on her to suck her in.

Yep sure you are. What exactly is IN the kool-aid you are drinking??? :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Just nutrasweet!:confused3 Now as for the Jello Shots!:woohoo:

Today one of the radio talk show host i listen too regularly was talking about the kids being taken away from their Moms in Texas, since they are calling them a cult. She then started a riff why the Government dont go get Suri from Tom & Kat and do DNA testing on her to see who her REAL Father is. Because there aint NO BIGGER CULT than THEM!:thumbsup2

And she didnt say "allegedly"
:lmao:

Maybe, but she's been pretty honest about her past, in the past. I don't know how many skeletons she could have. I do think, whether they have something on her or not, that she is a believer. I think she started down her own path of self-adoration, and because, in the beginning, she had a real "idol-worship" of some of these celebrities, they've been able to very slowly suck her in.

All allegedly. Of course.

She is HONEST when telling you how she was victimized by people. She has NEVER been honest about what she ever done bad.

Today one of the radio talk show host i listen too regularly was talking about the kids being taken away from their Moms in Texas, since they are calling them a cult. She then started a riff why the Government dont go get Suri from Tom & Kat and do DNA testing on her to see who her REAL Father is. Because there aint NO BIGGER CULT than THEM!:thumbsup2

And she didnt say "allegedly"
:lmao:

WOW! Interesting. I think its very cool they way more and more people are talking about this. Im hoping the crimes theyve done to children is soon exposed, as well - allegedly.

Was it you that posted that Nightline link? Thank you! I watched it. Very good!~

She is HONEST when telling you how she was victimized by people. She has NEVER been honest about what she ever done bad.

I suppose, but I used to watch her WAY back when she started, and I think her life was pretty much an open book. I don't think that's the case now, but back then...

Your point brought up another thought...I think we've discussed her S.African school slightly, but there was a dorm-mom (can't remember what the position was called) that was just in court for assault, etc. I wonder if she was local, or an import from the Sea-Org. We did speculate on what the curriculum would be, correct?

WOW! Interesting. I think its very cool they way more and more people are talking about this. Im hoping the crimes theyve done to children is soon exposed, as well - allegedly.

Was it you that posted that Nightline link? Thank you! I watched it. Very good!~

yup!

Horrible how those kids were treated. BUT I am trying to get my 14 yr old Nephew too watch it. So I can use the "So you think you got it bad" guilt thing!;)

yup!

Horrible how those kids were treated. BUT I am trying to get my 14 yr old Nephew too watch it. So I can use the "So you think you got it bad" guilt thing!;)

Are you crazy? Give him a glass of kool aid and make him start hauling rocks.....to Chicago. I cold use a rock wall. :) :thumbsup2 ;)

yup!

I watched a movie last weekend about a woman leaving one of those cults...my 13 & 14 yr old daughters watched it & were horrified at girls their age being forced to marry old guys. They were shocked that this goes on now, and in North America (in Canada as well).

They also have had exposure to the whole wild-Tom video. I'm hoping I've got NO chance of them getting sucked in!!!

I suppose, but I used to watch her WAY back when she started, and I think her life was pretty much an open book. I don't think that's the case now, but back then...
Yes she did...but she was always the victim who rose from the ashes. Not too be sexist here, but I do believe men see this stuff more easily than woman.

BUT THATS ALL WE GOT over woman!:goodvibes

Your point brought up another thought...I think we've discussed her S.African school slightly, but there was a dorm-mom (can't remember what the position was called) that was just in court for assault, etc. I wonder if she was local, or an import from the Sea-Org. We did speculate on what the curriculum would be, correct?

I didnt really follow that story too closely, cause I knew what the outcome would be. She goes on TV & cry, again she was the 'victim" by this woman fooling her THE GREAT OPRAH.

A HUGE "there is something wrong with Oprah" moment (other than the weight yoyo issue) is when she had the author on her show after she found out he LIED about his book (see a pattern here)....and she berated him the whole hour. AND HE WENT ON THE SHOW.:scared1: What purpose did any of this serve other than Oprah compensating her EGO?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter