sci-fi

We went to Sci Fi for lunch last year for the 1st time & had a great experience. The atmosphere/theming was alot of fun, we had very good sandwiches, and our server was fantastic. We can't wait to go back this Sept!

We eat there at least each trip (we go 2-3 times a year) and have only had one less than great experience - our server seemed a little annoyed to be at work so maybe she was just having an off day. We love the atmosphere and have always been fortunate to get (99.5% of the time) really good service and good food.

It isn't 5-Star dining and the prices include the atmosphere but then again most TS places in WDW are that way.

Only went there once, and thought it was a blast. Had the burger. I'm not sure if I'd try any of the other items...

We LOVED it! It's our favorite restaurant! Definitely a must-do for our next trip!

We enjoy our meals here, last trip we tried the steak salad and it was really good. It's fun to sit and watch the old movie clips and makes us wish the old drive in would open up again..:thumbsup2.
Our only negative experience was with a server who thought we were speed eaters, next trip we asked them to slow things down a bit between apps and main.
we already made an ADR for our October trip.

Bev

It's an attraction more than a dining experience, and it's easier to enjoy Sci-Fi with that mindset. The food is lackluster, ranging from palatable to downright disgusting. But the atmosphere is unique, and the place is fun. It's definitely worth trying once to see the inside and absorb the setting. The best advice is to order simple dishes and don't expect too much.

Just returned from WDW, ate at the Sci-fi on Wed. The food was very good. The shakes were GREAT! Loved it!

We had the butcher steak - not really that great. I wished i had picked something else. But the atmosphere was really cool, and overall enjoyed the experience.

I suspect that if we had stuck with burgers, onion rings, and shakes, we would have liked the food better. Alas, with DH's gluten problem and wanting to eat "slightly" more nutritious, we tried to split some meals and eat less fried items. That's not always possible at other times at Disney, when sometimes a hamburger (without bun) is actually the only option for him.

We enjoyed it a lot, in a "we're glad we did it once" way, not in a "we must eat here on every trip" way. Our server was outstanding, the atmosphere was pretty cool, the food was pretty good and the milkshakes were amazing.

We went this past March and we won't go again. Once and done. I don't eat red meat so my choices were limited. I had the pasta and I couldn't even finish it. My husband said his dish was "okay" (I can't remember what he had). I like to see my food and I couldn't see a thing. I know we aren't supposed to see due to the movies but still..... I have to admit the cherry coke and vanilla cokes were yummy!!

Years ago I removed this restaurant from my list. On a very hot October afternoon returned , too cool off. Realized it not that bad if you keep it simple.

We will be returning in September with GrandChildren, they enjoyed it and thought it was a fun place.

Sometimes the hype of certain restaurants builds you up for a disappointment. I think Sci Fi may be one of them. It's your typical drive-in movie food. dinners have more of a choice, still keep it simple and I think you'll enjoy.

We go and stick with the burgers, onion rings, and milkshakes. It's always been great - but we haven't tried to order the fancy food on the menu, either.

It's one of those must-do's for the kids (7 & 8 this trip)

Having eaten there on my previous two trips I must say that it is a case of paying for the novelty experience. The price of the food does not equal the quality. For our Nov 10 trip we will give it a miss. Was looking at Prime Time but from the reviews it is a similiar situation.

Thanks for all the replies, it seems that a lot of people go there for the atmosphere and to please their kids rather than the food experience.

My DF and I LOVED Sci-Fi! The atmosphere is great, yes, very cool restaurant, very quiet with all the kids glued to the screen, cute decor and some of the friendliest service we've ever had.

I had the burger, and it was by far the best hamburger I've had on Disney. of course, the only burgers I've had in Disney were at various CS places, and one at Whispering Canyon Cafe which was so dry it was inedible. But the burger in sci-fi had great flavor and was extremely filling. We loved our desserts, too!

It's not an economical use of a TS credit if you're on the dining plan instead of using that credit for, say, Le Cellier, but out of pocket we found it to be a pretty good deal.

It's nice to have a TS in DHS we like, since Mama Melrose and 50's PTC were both bad experiences for us.

I thought my meal there was okay, however the atomosphere was way cool:thumbsup2

That's the way I'd describe it. I'm more of a malt fan than a shake fan but the choc shake was okay. A bit more like choc icecream than a shake.

The burger and fries were fine. Nothing special, but not bad either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter