Sci Fi seating 2 adults one kid?

BubblyTrip

Mouseketeer
If we eat here and want to sit in a car, will one adult be alone in a row? Or will three of us fit? Our kid is 6. I am trying to decide between here and 50s Cafe. Know the kid would love the car theming, but would like to be comfy (and not lonely!).

Depends on the size of the people. Two average size adults and a small child would fit. It's not a conversational place anyway, most guests are too busy watching the movie.

We have been 4 times and always sit me and DD in front and DH behind. Sometimes they put another couple at the back.

It is dark in there and people watch the movie clips, not a place to chat over lunch. Never been an issue for us (think DH likes the peace!)

The movie clips are awful and the loop is way too short. As 2 adults and a child, me and DD sat in Row 1 and DH was in Row 2. I honestly don't remember if there was a 3rd row in the car. It's dark in there too....despite all that we have happily booked it for our next trip. I like the burgers/sandwiches. I don't think you'll feel "lonely" but if you're concerned about it be in Row 1 so that you can be the one to turn around when you want to see you're family.
We are trying 50's PT too though. (I haven't been there since middle school.)
In the past few years we tried Mamma Melrose, but wasn't impressed.

I agree that this isnt a place for chit-chat. So you wont be lonely as everyone else is watching the movie clips. I love scifi! its the quietest restaurant in disney! Nice and cool too. Perfect break from the parks. We always liked the food. Picnic burger and is yummy and oreo shake is outstanding!!

No doubt your 6 yr old will want to be the "driver", so it'll probably be your DS6 in the front with an adult, and the other adult in the back. At the end of your meal, I believe they give the driver a drivers license or a ticket (or something like that, sorry i cant remember even thou we've been there so many times!). This theme is so perfect for a 6 yr old boy! he'll love it!

Make sure you have an ADR if you plan to ask for a car.... I have repeatedly heard of walk ups being denied a car, especially if they are busy.

Like others, I sat up front with my daughter and DH sat in the back of the car. He was fine with it. There's a lot to take in with the scenery and the clips shown. It was different, but I really didn't feel that separated from one another.

We canceled our SciFi reservation so that one of us adults wouldn't be sitting alone, but the quiet is sounding appealing to me right now!

The 3rd adult is not entirely sitting alone... the rows are close together.... it is very easy to still carry on a conversation from the 2 rows.
You could google images and see photos online to help make your decision.

When our family went last summer, DH and DS (4) sat in the middle row, while I sat in the front. There was plenty of room to turn around and sit sideways while waiting for my meal, and it was actually quite nice to have the room to move around/spread out. As others have mentioned, my son wasn't interested in chatting anyway -- he was too busy watching the aliens on the screen :)

DH and I sat in the second row and dd sat in the front seat. There was an older couple in the last row and they were not happy we were seated in "their" car. They were with the family in the car next to us and they kept yelling over to the other car about the people in front of them (us). Now they couldn't let little Jimmy come sit with them because we took over "their car." It was soooooooo awkward. And because it's so quiet everyone could hear them. DH got out to take some pictures of us and asked them to squish over to the side so they wouldn't be in our picture. He said if they could be rude, so could he. And he made sure he turned the flash on. I thought our waiter was going to choke trying not to laugh. We still had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter