• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi or Prime Time

Mnchknbrat1982

Mouseketeer
If you had to choose only one of these table service resturants in MGM which one would you choose? I'm looking for atmosphere the most but I've heard the food is good at both. And I know from one of the books I've got the average cost is about the same at both. Give me the good and the bad.

:cool1: Love Prime Time!!!! We go here every year! The food is good, and the drinks are fun! Yummm!! It's definetly a interactive restuarant. Be prepared! We a pretty loud family except for my oldest DD (20) she's on the quiet side. I would imagine that the Sci-FI is probably loud as well...I can't tell you about that place, we've never been there. I highly recommend the Prime Time! Fun Times!

Even though I enjoy both very much I prefer the Prime Time by a pretty significant margin. I think the menu is better there. The seats at Sci Fi can be a little cramped if you sit in a car and the table space is about 1/2 of what you really need to be comfortable. It's dark and can be difficult to see until your eyes adjust. And while the movie trailers at Sci Fi are fun to watch the first couple of times, they never change from year to year and repeat at about 40 minutes or so.

However, the TV show clips seem to rotate even faster at Prime Time but you have the advantage of the usually wonderfully interactive waitstaff. Hasn't been a trip yet to not get many a chuckle from someone not eating all their veggies....Just wait until MOM finds out!

If you decide Prime Time, be sure to try the Pot Roast. If you go to Sci Fi try the BLT soup. You can't really go wrong either way but If only time for one I would definitely say Prime Time.

BTW...Prime Time has a bar you can wait at until Mom calls you to dinner. Don't let Dad find out you've been sneaking into his liquor cabinet!!!

Hope this helps.
Enjoy your trip!!

If we could only choose one we would choose Prime Time. We enjoyed the atmosphere, the food was very good. The Sci Fi was ok, I wasn't overly thrilled with our server, food was ok, atmosphere was fun.

Happy Planningg,
Kim
momofdbsdca

Sci Fi is one of our favorites for atmosphere (my personal favorite, in fact, I LOVE this place), but the food is just ok.

PT has really good food :-)thumbsup2 for the pot roast), but I have to be in the mood for the shtick.

Visually, I think SciFi edges out PT in atmosphere, but both have tons of it. Food is definitely better at PT. I would go with SciFi, but you will have a good time at both!

I'd go to Sci-Fi for lunch or Prime Time for dinner. The burgers and onion rings are really good at Sci-Fi, and we love the atmosphere, but the rest of the food is pretty hit or miss (more misses than hits for our family's tastes).

The food at Prime Time is good, but as someone has already said, I'm not always in the mood for the "show" that goes with the food.

We went to both Sci Fi and Prime Time in December. I'd vote Sci Fi. We had a bad experience at Prime Time. Sci Fi...the food was good and the atmosphere was fun.
Katy

We're picking the Sci-Fi over Prime Time this time because we've been to the Prime Time twice (and the Sci-Fi once), and like some others said, you have to be in the mood for the "show". I'm usually not.:rolleyes1 .

I know my DS, who has PDD won't be either. If "mom" or "sister" yelled at him for doing something, he wouldn't think it was funny and would be mad at them. He wants to sit in one of the "cars" at Sci-Fi and if he'll eat and be happy, that's where we'll go. I'm also not a big fan of pot roast or meatloaf because I make it all the time at home.

They both have "atmosphere," but they're completely different atmospheres.

PTC: Never been, trying next time, but understand it to be much like WCC, ie, rambunctious, bright, fun, loud, etc.

Sci Fi: Dd begged to go back here again next time. It's dark, calm and quiet, because everyone's watching the movies. It was one of the most relaxing meals I've ever had at WDW.

It really depends on what you and your family are in the mood for.

If I could only choose one, :confused3 I would have to pick Prime Time over Sci Fi. We have eaten at both.
Sci Fi is neat to try once. Atmosphere is cool to experience once, but food was not very good. Also, service was sloooowww. We watched same clips toooo many times. Also, I didn't care for sitting in low lighting for that long. But I'm glad I tried it at least once.
Prime Time :cool1: is a must for us. We love it there. The food is awesome (fried chicken :thumbsup2 pot roast :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 ) We've been fortunate that we've always had awesome servers who really play up the part. Our server in Aug was the best ever! :lmao: :lmao: Gotta try a PB&J milkshake. Sounds gross, but tastes great! ;)
Whichever, you decide, enjoy!! :cool1:

Eaten at both, Prime Time is my pick.

I put my bags on the floor at Sci Fi and had a hard time seeing them when we left. On my knees looking around, :rotfl: DH and DS11 got a great laugh, I can laugh now not then, if it was one of their things I left behind they would not of been laughing, bring a flash light if you are going. Just MO.

They are both really cool places, but if I had to choose one it would be 50's Prime Time. IMHO the food is better and there is more interaction.

Prime Time Cafe for the food, hands down.

Both have fun but different atmospheres, but Prime Time wins in the food department.

We usually alternate between the two because my son likes Sci Fi better and my daughter prefers PT. Last week we chose PT. DD's pot roast was excellent, my mom's meat loaf was good, my grilled chicken sandwich was ok, and son's hot dog was, well, it was a hot dog;) . The kids each had milk shakes which were yummy. And we shared smores for desert. Very Tasty they were! Our waiter, Cousin Amos was great. Not too over the top. He asked DD if she washed her hands when we came in (she didn't) and what color the soap was. She said pink. It was blue so he sent her on a "field trip" to the rest room to wash her hands! DS had to have his remaining hot dog on his plate fed to him airplane style.:lmao: It was a good time.

If you had to choose only one of these table service resturants in MGM which one would you choose? I'm looking for atmosphere the most but I've heard the food is good at both. And I know from one of the books I've got the average cost is about the same at both. Give me the good and the bad.

OK, here's my answer:

For lunch...Sci-Fi.

For dinner...Prime Time.

Sci-Fi's food is just more "lunchy" and Prime Time's is more "dinnery", IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter