Sci-Fi or 50's Prime Time?

vickalamode

DIS Veteran
Trying to debate which one to choose for our upcoming trip! I haven't been to 50's prime time in over 10 years, but I've been to Sci-Fi a couple of times during my last two real trips to WDW.

DBF and I just LOVE the atmosphere at Sci-Fi but since we've been there "recently" I kind of want to do Prime Time...after all if we don't like it, we can just go there during our next trip. The only thing that's making me hesitant is I have heard your experience is ALL about your server and I'm afraid we won't get a fun server! And, also, my family own's a 50's restaurant and even though I've never been to Prime Time, I'm sure the food we serve at our restaurant is better :P

Help me decide!

I haven't been to Sci-Fi but we went to 50's Prime Time last yr and really enjoyed it.

Trying to debate which one to choose for our upcoming trip! I haven't been to 50's prime time in over 10 years, but I've been to Sci-Fi a couple of times during my last two real trips to WDW.

DBF and I just LOVE the atmosphere at Sci-Fi but since we've been there "recently" I kind of want to do Prime Time...after all if we don't like it, we can just go there during our next trip. The only thing that's making me hesitant is I have heard your experience is ALL about your server and I'm afraid we won't get a fun server! And, also, my family own's a 50's restaurant and even though I've never been to Prime Time, I'm sure the food we serve at our restaurant is better :P

Help me decide!

Thats a tough choice, cause I LOVE both places!! But since you've been to Sci Fi the last few trips, and not 50's, i'd give 50's a chance. You never know until you try.......you just might like it!

I think the food is much better at 50s PTC, and when you check in you can ask for a more involved server. We did this last trip and it worked out well. I think you should give 50s a try, I've tried Sci-Fi twice and definitely prefer 50s.

I kind of want to do Prime Time...after all if we don't like it, we can just go there during our next trip. The only thing that's making me hesitant is I have heard your experience is ALL about your server and I'm afraid we won't get a fun server!

While I think 50s is an absolute blast, and we have fun with our server, I think that you are dead wrong that it is ALLabout your server. If this was true, and the food was bad, people wouldn't keep going back year after year. We've been many times and have always really enjoyed the food. DH says it's the only place he can get real old fashioned home cooked food. (And he got it upside the head from me for saying it!):rotfl::rotfl:

We really enjoyed 50's PTC, and it really wasn't all based on the server. They have good comfort food and fun decor. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot.:thumbsup2

It's been a few trips since our family has eaten at Sci Fi, but my sis and her family have not had positive experiences there on their last two trips. We have always has great times at 50's PTD! Pot roast ......ahhhhhhhhhh!

I have to say that I would go with 50's prime time!!! We have NEVER had a bad meal there with or without a server that was really into their part. We have eaten there about 5 times and had 2 times the CM's were not playing a part. Food was still awesome.

On the other hand, the last 2 times we went to Sci-Fi, the food was less than stellar and the service was just ok. I am going to hold off on returning there for a few more trips.

In the end, do what makes you happy because on here, you are going to get half 50's votes and half Sci-fi. Check out the menus and see what salivates your tastebuds more and go for it. Enjoy!!!:thumbsup2

I used to really enjoy 50's Prime Time Cafe, but on our last two visits, there wasn't really much of the "Mother's cooking in the kitchen" storyline and we found it pretty boring.

And it wasn't just our waitress having an off-day, all the CMs were basically just taking orders and bringing food. Not much interaction with the guests at all.

2 years ago we did both, had a blast at prime time where the server made me eat my greens with ice cream:confused3 at least i got a free ic ecream:cool1: food was good, no complaints
sci fi has a good athmosphere and good food and the cars are a noval way of eating your lunch, giong again this year and also thinking of doing prime time again but some reports not so good of late

In my opinion, the food is better at 50's Prime Time!
I do like the atmosphere of Sci-Fi though!
Either way, enjoy!

50's Prime Time! :thumbsup2. Don't forget to order a PB&J milkshake!

I couldn't decide either, so I booked both!!:rotfl2:

We are going to SciFi for lunch and 50's for dinner. I just have to pay for one because its an extra sitdown with our plan.:rolleyes1

Now we have an extra quick service that we will use the day we are leaving:)

I have been to both and ejoyed them equally:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter