Sci-fi or 50's Prime Time

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
So I've read that the best thing at Sci-fi are the burgers. However, I don't eat burgers. Any other entrees in the lunch menu that are good. Are the Shrimp Pasta, Tofu dish or Ribs good?

The alternative is to go to 50s Prime Time. However,, I don't eat fried chicken nor meatloaf, which I've read are good at 50s (I know, I'm complicated, but my body does not process grease well. for example, i have to be super careful with pizza!). How are the Pot Pie, Pot Roast, or the Ceasar Salad with salmon?

So I've read that the best thing at Sci-fi are the burgers. However, I don't eat burgers. Any other entrees in the lunch menu that are good. Are the Shrimp Pasta, Tofu dish or Ribs good?

The alternative is to go to 50s Prime Time. However,, I don't eat fried chicken nor meatloaf, which I've read are good at 50s (I know, I'm complicated, but my body does not process grease well. for example, i have to be super careful with pizza!). How are the Pot Pie, Pot Roast, or the Ceasar Salad with salmon?

I had the shrimp pasta at Sci Fi and I normally love shrimp but couldn't even finish it there. It just didn't taste good at all to me. I don't eat red meat so I had limited choices as well.

I believe my DH had pot roast on our first visit here and he really liked it! I have no reviews on the others - we have either had the fried chicken or meatloaf at 50's. We have also been to SciFi but we had the burgers...so can't comment on the other menu items there. I have had quite a few reviews of the shrimp pasta there not being good (I had thought about it, b/c I love seafood but decided on the burger after reading the reviews).

I have had the pot roast there and it is good. Been to Sci fi dine in a few times and was not crazy about the food. The atmosphere is way better at 50's Prime Time. It is one of our favorites especally with a good server.

The pot roast is good at the Prime Time. When we were in DW earlier this month we had ressies at the Sci Fi. We decided we did not like the menu and were lucky enough to get into the Prime Time. Enjoyed the post roast as usual.

We liked the atmosphere much better at 50s. Burgers were fine at SciFi. The "car" were were seated in fit all five us us, but one kid had to sit in the last row alone. Not a huge deal, but being all around the tables at 50s are more enjoyable for us.
We didn't want a huge meal for lunch and just got soups and peanut butter and jelly shakes at 50s. MMMM......

We like Prime Time much better than Sci Fi, particularly if you are not getting the burgers at Sci Fi. The stacked sandwich at Prime Time is very good, but it is very large, particularly if you try to eat it at the same time as a PB&J milkshake. :rolleyes1

DH,DD and I split the Fried Chicken and the Pot Roast at 50s PT. I am not a fan of pot roast but it was wonderful. So was the chicken. DS had a sandwich which was also very good he said.

I had the pot roast at 50's PT in 2005 and it was fantastic! Very tender and flavorful. Last trip I ate the ribs at Sci-Fi and thought they were good. I enjoyed the ribs from Flame Tree more, but thought these were good as well. (IMO the coleslaw was nastyyy though)
232323232%7Ffp43364%3Enu%3D3259%3E288%3E6%3B2%3EWSNRCG%3D3278%3C%3A%3C838327nu0mrj

The burgers at SciFi are really the only thing worth getting, IMHO.
Everything else I've had there was average or worse. Bugers and shakes at a drive in seems to work.
I'd go to the Prime Times for a real dinner

The burgers at SciFi are really the only thing worth getting, IMHO.
Everything else I've had there was average or worse. Bugers and shakes at a drive in seems to work.
I'd go to the Prime Times for a real dinner

We love Sci Fi!!! Much better than 50's, imho! We enjoyed the Beef and Blue salad (SOOO yummy) and the smoked turkey sandwich. We just didn't really care for 50's food, it was a bit bland. I think you will find different opinions, but our family will not miss sci-fi, it's our favorite food at hollywood studios.

I would go for 50's prime time . Both the Pot roast and the chicken pot pie are great and it is a great atmosphere.

sci-fi was probably the worst dinner we had- all around
I also got the shrimp dish and didn't come close to finishing it. It was very bland. I couldn't eat shrimp for weeks because I thought about this pasta dish every time :laughing: Also DD(3) was terrified of the movies playing. We found the seating to be inconvenient. Hoping we enjoy 50's prime time when we go in May!

So is Sci-Fi good if you want burgers, shakes and fries or onion rings??

Also are the Sci Fi movies scary?? I have two dd 7 & 5. We love burgers and shakes. Not sure if they would be freaked out by sci fi movies or not. Also, dh and dd5 would not be into the stick at 50's primetime. Well they might if they were only observing.

Thoughts???

Thanks

Kate

depends on your child
most of the children seemed okay with the movies playing
my dd(4) was fine, she thought it was funny
but my dd(3) was trying to hide the whole time

pot pie is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter