• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi: No burger? What to eat?

JJsmama

WDW addict
I would like to have dinner at Sci Fi with my DMom and 3 sons. Since the burgers are not available after 4:00, I am not sure what they will eat. (2 are "adults") The dinner menu looks REALLY limited. What is good? DMom and I can eat the apps salad and dips for dinner, but the boys won't want that. How is the Kids' meal burger? Is it a 'real burger' or some kids meal microwaved thing? We want to eat Starring Rolls for lunch, so it needs to be dinner if we go there...

Thanks

The only time we've ever had dinner at Sci-Fi I was shocked to not see the burger on the menu. I asked for one and they were happy to make it even tho it wasn't on the dinner menu. Unless there's been a recent change, all you have to do is ask. ;)

we have had the beef & blue and butcher steak. They are good. There is a burger on the kids menu. I am sure they would give you that if you'd ask.

Hey did u try 50's Prime Time? My kids like it more there. Food is good and it's a blast. They try to get themselves in trouble on purpose!;)

DD11 ordered a cheeseburger off the kids menu when we had dinner at Sci-Fi. I had the pasta & shrimp dish (although I had grilled chicken instead of shrimp) and it was soooooooo good. I was really surprised because I think Sci Fi is known more for atmosphere than food, but my dinner was excellent.

Unless things have changed, you can ask for a burger at dinner. It's not on the menu but they will fix it for you. Burgers are the only thing we eat there and they have always granted our request.

We always have dinner at Sci-Fi and we just request a burger and they have always obliged.:thumbsup2

Not only a regular burger, my husband asked for a veggie burger and got one.

:)

Ribs were pretty good- not great but good. My dd loves shrimp and we shared the shrimp pasta (she hates burgers- strange 5yo:lmao:) and we really like it. It was a huge portion. As long as you expect to be in line with Applebees and not fine dining you should be happy.

We have always requested a burger at dinnertime, even though it's not on menu, and they always serve them without any problem. Enjoy!

My family went to Sci-Fi for dinner during our past trip and it was awesome :goodvibes four of us got the Reuben :worship: and all loved it. My mom got the beef and blue salad which was also really good! It had plenty of steak and it had a great flavor! My younger brother (9) got the standard disney chicken nuggets :) It was awesome food and great atmosphere.

I wish I had known you can still ask for a burger at dinner time! We had 7PM dinner reservations on the 16th, but I canceled them because nothing on the dinner menu looked that good to us. There's no way we could get that ADR back, so I guess we'll have to just wait until next trip!

If you don't mind sitting at a table instead of a car you may be able to eat as a walk-in. Also if it's only two people, they allow you to "hitch hike" with diners in the back of a car. It depends on how crowded they are.

We walked in for a late dinner during the first week of April with no ADR. We were seated within about 5 minutes. 3 of the adults in our group wanted hamburgers and our server said "no problem." Those burgers were huge and delicious. Another adult got the steak and she liked it very much.

Our server explained that the burgers used to be on the dinner menu but there were several complaints by patrons that there weren't enough "real" dinner options at DHS, so they reformulated the menu. He said that lots of people ask for hamburgers and it's only when they are really busy that they have trouble honoring the request because the grill might not be set. They should change the menu to include hamburgers -- it's a drive-in for goodness sake.

we were there a year ago for dinner and i saw alot of families ordering burgers, i ordered the ribs my dh ordered the steak both were good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter