Sci-Fi Lunch or Dinner, Whats good there?

stlsports4ever

Disney Student 101
Hi everybody! We are coming in mid June and going to be eating at Sci-Fi. What is good there? I looked up the thread and couldnt find much about this topic. Thanks.

Mike

Check here for menus: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#mgm

We were here two years ago for Lunch, and are going to be back there for Lunch in April. We stuck to other Posters' recommendations to stay with the Burger / Hot Dog / Fries selections, and not venture to the Entrees, which are not their specialty. We were not disappointed.

Chicken ceaser salad was inedible. YUCK!

I hear it is much better to have lunch there and stick to the simple fare like sjnlkm recommends.

I've read mostly decent things about the onion rings, and I think I'd like to try them next time. I would like to know the size of an order, in comparison to Sonic or other fast food places that have onion rings, if anyone knows. I think it said $6.99 for an order, so I want to make sure it's worth paying that much. I plan on sharing with a couple of others in the family.

Had a pretty good swiss cheese burger with mushrooms. This was about a week and a half ago. Did not much like the onion rings, they're mostly bread. Flame Tree's are better. They give you a bowl of pretty big rings..but like i said, they're mostly bread.

We've had lunch there in Dec., I had the fried chicken and my husband had the potroast which both meals were very yummy.

Stick with the standard fare of burgers, fries, and shakes.....we ventured off the path alittle and it was not good. The Artichoke Spinach Dip-we had this there and it was the best I had EVER had:thumbsup2

i've never eaten there, but had the same question a few weeks ago. we're planning on eating there in may and because of our arrival time that day, we're going to have to have dinner there instead of lunch. someone suggested the shrimp penne pasta and i've heard nothing but good things about it. so i think i'm gonna get that. i'm sure DH will stick with a burger and fries, as everybody seems to advise to do. i've also heard the shakes there are really good. i hope both our families (yours and mine) enjoy our first trips to sci-fi!! :)

You have got to try the BLT soup. It is a tomato soup with a bacon flavor twist to it. Topped with a little shreded lettuce. Delish!

We have had the Chicken Caesar Salad and liked it. The bbq ribs were great as was the Reuben Sandwich. The desserts are really good too.

If you have a child in your party, ask for a glowing ice cube. They make the glasses glow and you can take them with you. They turn on and off with just a tap of your hand.

We have ADR at Sci-Fi in June also. What will be nice besides the food is the atmosphere. The dining area is dark so it will be great to get out of the sun. We ate lunch at Sci-Fi on our last trip to WDW. We all agreed we wanted to have lunch there again.

Its not gourmet by any means, but it is fun. I would stick with a burger and milkshake (which is good) and enjoy the show.

my husband really liked the onion rings here as did my mom and dad when we went last time. I really liked the spinach dip too.

Another vote for the rueban. I will admit the Plaza restaurant in MK does a slightly bette r reuban and milkshake, but Sci Fi's is definately enjoyable. I have an ADR for May for lunch. I may try that spinach/artichocke dip you guys are talking about.

Never tried the steak but I had good ribs one visit. Husband loves the burger and you can get it at dinner even if it is only on the lunch menu. The kids love the fries... It is definitely not the health food place! It's my son's favorite and really is a lot of fun.

We went two weeks ago- I got the onion rings as my appetizer (large portion) and my DH got the bacon cheeseburger w/fries- it was really good too.. I *may* have stolen a bite or two of it :angel:

The drink with the glow cube is called the "lilo" (why? I have no idea- the restaurant has nothing to do w/Lilo or Stitch:confused3 ) It was your choice of drink in a souvenier cup with your choice of glow cube inside (plus free refills).. It was $ 5.00 but very cute.. I had a Vanilla Coke- delish!

IMG_0738.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter