• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi Dining @ HS - Hot commodity?

How we ended up getting a reservation was we got a 4:05 dinner and were able to modify it to 4:25. We couldn’t go any later but if your family is willing to eat a bit earlier or later it could help immensely.

I've been checking for Hollywood Studios dining since my 60 mark and have only ever seen Mama Melrose's and initially Brown Derby, but don't even see that now.

I'm starting to worry the day we will be there (12/2) will be super busy, but maybe it's just because table service dining is so limited in that park. I check whenever I think about it and hope to snag at least Oga's, I know it's not technically dining, but still need an ADR for it! Hopefully quick service restaurants won't be too busy that day.

Here's hoping you have luck finding what you are looking for! I have seen a lot of people report they were able to snag a reservation right before their trip due to people cancelling. We need to just keep checking!

I have had Mouse Watcher, Mouse dining, and Touring Plans set up to search for Sci-Fi multiple days of my trip since the 60 day out mark, and have only been notified twice of an available reservation. I am going in two weeks for reference. I was luckily able to snag an early 10:45am lunch one of my days . I am hoping to secure a more normal lunch time closer to my trip.

Out of curiosity - did you find one of these services was quicker or more accurate at letting you know of openings?

Out of curiosity - did you find one of these services was quicker or more accurate at letting you know of openings?
Mouse dining is nice because you can set up to 6 free alerts. Touring plans you only get 2 free. Mouse watcher you have to pay for each alert. I did pay for a couple of my most desired places but one of the other sites notified me before it did. So they all work, you just have better odds if you use as many as you can. The paid are supposed to search more frequently, but like I said some of the free ones led me to the ADR’s I have now

Last edited:

I almost always have luck getting hard to get reservations 24 hours out when people need to cancel or get charged. My last trip I basically made all my ADRs that way, and got pretty much everything I wanted including Sci fi. Granted this was pre-Covid, so I’m not sure how that factors in with limited seating in the cars, etc. But definitely stalk that site 24 hours in advance.

We're there for a couple of weeks in December, and I was there at 6am sixty days out pounding F5 for Sci Fi every morning. (Staying off-site, so it's a once a day task!) I never managed to get a table.

Prime Time Cafe worked out, though, and that's fun too!

Last edited:
After numerous weeks of waiting for a dining alert for Sci-Fi to trigger, it finally happened this morning for my trip in 2 weeks. The time wasn't ideal, but it was close enough. Keep trying.

I went from not being able to get Sci Fi to getting two separate ADRs on 2 separate days, one for lunch and one for dinner. Still no luck with Space 220 or CRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter