• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Rijiline

Earning My Ears
I just made our reservations at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in MGM. It will be myself, my wife and our daughter (19 months). The woman i made the reservations with said the 'cars' (tables) hold only 2 people and she'd book us 2 tables.
For those of you who have been there, is this an ok place to go with 3 people? I don't want to have to sit separately.
Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RJ

I dont know what she's talking about. There is a front seat(table) and a back seat(table). We sat 5 in one car. I'd call back and get someone else who knows what they are talking about.

I laughed until I cried at those old sci-fi movies.:lmao: You'll like this restaraunt.

Thank you mamaprincess. We are really looking forward to this restaurant. You've put my mind to ease. :yay:

You will all be in the same car but will probably need to sit 2 in the front seat and 1 in the back seat.

The picture in my siggy is from Sci-Fi.

We ate at Sci-Fi with a party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids: 13, 9, 6 and 3). Technically each "seat" in the car holds 2 and there are 3 seats in the car. We waited for almost an hour for 2 cars next to each other to open up when a CM finally looked at the ages of the kids. They asked if we would mind being a little closer. We said we would be fine, so they put all 8 of us in one car. It ended up working out fine. We had plenty of room.

I dined at the Sci Fi a few years ago, but my memory is a little fuzzy. Is there room for a highchair? I will be traveling in October and my daughter may need a highchair.

I saw pics from someone on the Dis who had a stroller by the car so there must be room for a high chair.

When DD 12, DS 8 and I went last August we decided to sit all three in the front seat of our car. On the Dining Plan, we found that there was not enough room on the table surface for 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, and 3 drinks, but the three of us fit just fine in the seat! We also set some plates on the dashboard. ;) I remember reading about tables with highchairs so I know that it's possible...

The Sci-Fi was the "gem" of our dining experiences last trip. We'd never been there before, and the atmosphere was so much fun and the food was really good, too!

Each of the cars sits 6 (2x2x2) and I think there's even a couple of cars that sit even more. There's also picnic benches around the edges if you don't want to sit in a car....

I dined at the Sci Fi a few years ago, but my memory is a little fuzzy. Is there room for a highchair? I will be traveling in October and my daughter may need a highchair.

I saw pics from someone on the Dis who had a stroller by the car so there must be room for a high chair.
We had room for our Graco Duo-Glider stroller right beside our car. I have seen a high chair beside the car also.
131.jpg

yes we had a highchair next to our table. It was the kind with a tray. Worked out great. DS loves Sci-fi. One of the few places he ask to go back too!!
Have fun and enjoy!!!!!

We ate at Sci-Fi with a party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids: 13, 9, 6 and 3). Technically each "seat" in the car holds 2 and there are 3 seats in the car. We waited for almost an hour for 2 cars next to each other to open up when a CM finally looked at the ages of the kids. They asked if we would mind being a little closer. We said we would be fine, so they put all 8 of us in one car. It ended up working out fine. We had plenty of room.

When I made ressies the CM told me we would need 2 cars. Would we be able to sit me & dh, dd14&ds15, and 9 yo triplets? I sure hope so. I am having second thoughts on this one just because of the seating.

When I made ressies the CM told me we would need 2 cars. Would we be able to sit me & dh, dd14&ds15, and 9 yo triplets? I sure hope so. I am having second thoughts on this one just because of the seating.
Yes, they will seat you at 2 cars. Hopefully, you have an early ADR. We had a party of 8 and were seated at 2 cars right next to each other. We had the front to "rows" of seats in each car.

Here's my son in the front with FIL behind him. Then we had the car to the left that had the stroller next to it. No problem conversing. It was fun.

133.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter