Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant

Camyle

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

Can anyone tell me about their experiences eating at this restaurant?! My DH is a huge B movie fan and unfortunatly we had the worst luck our 1st trip back in 2006 getting any type of TS for most of the sit-down restaurants (we had no idea about making advance reservations so far in advance or that so many people do it!) So know we know that for any TS we would be interested in to make advance reservations!

Is this something a huge B movie fan would enjoy for a nice lunch break one day? :happytv:

Thanks! 160 Days until WDW!! (sorry I don't know how to put one of those cute count down things up).

We went to SciFi a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Very cool atmosphere, yummy food, loved sitting in the cars, and the movies they showed were amusing. I think it is definitely worth checking out. :)

This is one of our favorites and a must do for us everytime. We are big MST3000 fans so this is right up our alley. It is alot of fun. We also like the food too! The only complaint I have is that I wish the loop of movie trailers they show would be bigger so they weren't repeated during your meal.

We just did Sci-Fi for the first time last week, and we all really enjoyed it. In the past we had stayed away, because over all the reviews weren't that positive. I have a 16 year old daughter and a 12 year old son, and I was surprised at how much they enjoyed the experience. The food was good but the experience was really fun, our server was on roller skates, and my daughter couldn't believe that people used to go to movies in their cars.

As far as the movies themselves, they are just promo's of some classic sci-fi movies that run in a loop. We were in the restaurant for a little less than an hour, and we saw them all. My family laughed out loud at some of them, lets just say that special effects have come a long way.

Hi Everyone!

Can anyone tell me about their experiences eating at this restaurant?! My DH is a huge B movie fan and unfortunatly we had the worst luck our 1st trip back in 2006 getting any type of TS for most of the sit-down restaurants (we had no idea about making advance reservations so far in advance or that so many people do it!) So know we know that for any TS we would be interested in to make advance reservations!

Is this something a huge B movie fan would enjoy for a nice lunch break one day? :happytv:

Thanks! 160 Days until WDW!! (sorry I don't know how to put one of those cute count down things up).

It's sooooo easy to do! Just click on someone else's count down ticker and it will take you to a website where you can create/customize your own! :goodvibes

We've not been to Sci-Fi yet but we're planning on it for October! My DH is soooo excited to try it out!:thumbsup2

We've been to Sci Fi a ton of times. The food is very mediocre but the setting is so unique that we don't mind having to eat less than stellar food.

The milkshakes are very good.

We also enjoyed our experience at the Sci-Fi! My DS thought it was cool to eat in the car and our server gave him a special "driver's license" at the end of the meal. My DH made sure to tell me he wanted to eat at the place where we "ate in the cars" and said he had the best cherry vanilla coke he's ever had there. One thing to mention that I have read about the place - it can be very dark in some places, including while eating. It didn't damper anything, however. I think you should try it out! :)

Thanks Everyone!

Those burgers look so yummy!! It sounds like this is right up our alley for a nice lunch break - DH loves MST3000 so this will be perfect!

:ccat:

We ate lunch there last month, our first time dining there and we absolutely loved it and cannot wait to go back! The burgers and onion rings were fantastic but they tasted better watching the movie clips and cartoons in black and white on the big screen. The restaurant is the quietest TS we have ever been to and the atmosphere is awesome!

:thumbsup2We love Sci-Fi we go there every visit. We make a ADR for about 11am to beat the crowds. Both my DS's love it. It's so cool watching the show and sitting in the cars. The food is pretty good too. Last time I had the ribs and loved them. You DH should get a real kick out of it. Enjoy your trip:banana:.

The food is fine - typical "diner" fare. But the atmosphere and movies are what make the experience. We took our parents there last week - they were reminiscing about their dating days and drive-ins etc.. and they actually remembered some of the movies that we saw clips from. I remember the first time I ate in Sci-Fi, I wasn't sure the movie clips were authentic - I thought Disney imagineered them! But nope - they are the real deal!! And my favorite part are the little "commercials" in between about the snacks - dancing hotdogs and all!

We went to SciFi in May '08...LOVED IT!!! My boys (then 6 & 2) thought the old cartoons were great (they are now huge Tom & Jerry fans); and well getting to eat in a car what a treat for them:) I have to say we had a GREAT sunday (something with junior mints in it) and my DH said he had the best milk shake he's ever had (and he's had a lot).
Enjoy your trip:goodvibes
Laurie

and my daughter couldn't believe that people used to go to movies in their cars.

Not sure where you're from, but we still have plenty of Drive-in move theaters around here :goodvibes I love going to them!

The Sci-Fi was one of my favorite places to eat at Disney World, if not the favorite. The only draw back can be if you get sat by a bad family. We were sat by a dad who was cussing up a storm at his children and in a just plain rotten mood. My friend and I were in back to hear it all. Kind of wish we had our own, but other than that it's an awesome experience.

I was here in 2005 on my Senior Trip. My girlfriends and I went for lunch and absolutely loved it. We all stuck to very basic lunch items and had a great time. We loved the retro feel. I would definitely go back for lunch again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter