Sci -Fi dine in MGM

MizzPrincezz

Princess in Training
Hi there can anyone tell me if PS are required to dine in the Sci-Fi dine- in MGM? I have heard a few mixed reviews however I would like a few opinions. I also fancied the 50's Prime-Time Cafe, is their any recomendations? Are PS's required for this one too?

Karon
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I would highly recommend a p.s. Just for an example....we were there last month and arrived a few minutes early for our 11:50 p.s. At that time they were turning people away who didn't have a p.s. and saying that the next available time for a walk-in would be 9 p.m.!

This has been a regular for our family the last few visits and we always make a p.s.

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Jill

Hi Karon,

The SCI FI has always been a place that we NEEDED PS ressies. It's one of the few places that we have never been able to get in early if we wanted to eat earlier than our stated time. There is always a line and we always have to wait a little even with PS. We like to eat lunch there, and we try to make the first PS of the day at both Sci Fi and Prime Time. I have always seen a line of people waiting at Prime Time too, but since it's close to the front of the park we usually only eat here at 11am when the restaurant opens. We only have to wait a few minutes.

The Sci Fi is one of our family favorites. Not so much for the food as we usually find it hit or miss on being fabulous, but the atmosphere is so much fun. The kids really enjoy dining in the cars, the old sci fi movie clips are a scream and its nice and it's just a fun atmosphere.

Last year they had a new sandwich that had steak and gorgonzola cheese with onion rings. That sandwich was out of this world! Probably the best meal I ever had there. DH had it as well and he thought it was fabulous as well. The hamburgers have always been tasty there as well and the onion rings are WONDERFUL!

Prime Time is also a great restaurant with a fun theme and atmosphere. The food is also excellent and I think the food has always been more consistant here. The Salmon has always been a favorite, and there was a wonderful steak sandwich here as well that was served open faced with a wonderful dressing! The milkshakes here are great (love the PB&J shakes).

I have read plenty of bad reviews on both restaurants, and I guess its like anything. It depends on the day, who's cooking and what your tastes are.

Thanks for the responses. Melanie I think I will get PS for the Sci-Fi Dine as I have two kids who would probably love that more.

thanks

Karon

:Pinkbounc
:wave:

Oh, just a thought too. At the Sci-Fi, lunch is more sandwiches and burgers where dinner is more of regular type meals (pasta, steak, etc). I think they will make you a hamburger at dinner but you have to ask. It wasn't always like that. Years ago, it was mostly all hamburgers and sandwiches for both lunch and dinner with a few regular type entrees.

My teenage son and I ate there for a late (2:00 PS) lunch last week. It's a tradition for us. We just relax and enjoy the atmosphere. We usually get burgers and milkshakes but have also had the bbq chicken. We've never had a bad meal there but we're pretty easy to please. Enjoy!

Yes, get a PS. I think PT and SciFi are both loads of fun... SciFi has more burgers and fries fare, while PT has more homecooked fare... I think SciFi is the best themed restaurant at WDW, personally, and as a kid when we visited, I LOVED it.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by JESW
I would highly recommend a p.s. Just for an example....we were there last month and arrived a few minutes early for our 11:50 p.s. At that time they were turning people away who didn't have a p.s. and saying that the next available time for a walk-in would be 9 p.m.!

This has been a regular for our family the last few visits and we always make a p.s.

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Jill

That is pretty much what happened to me when I visited in December. If you didn't have a PS for the Sci-Fi for lunch, then you were turned away but they were making PS at that time for dinner and those were going quickly. I was so glad I had a PS and got a table about 10 minutes after my PS time.

We ate there last week and had PS. We have always used a PS for Sci-Fi and never had to wait a long time. People have waited a long time without PS so IMHO I would make PS to play it safe. By the time you look around in the shop next door your table will be ready. Enjoy!

How far in advance do you have to book the p.s its just over 8 weeks till we come when would you recommend booking the PS's for the sci-fi dine?

Karon
:wave: :wave:

I was pretty disappointed in the Sci Fi on my last trip and don't think I'd be running back there soon. I really enjoyed the 50's Primetime and would definitely dine there again. It is strongly recommended that you have a PS, especially during the busier times of the year.

PS reservations can be made up to 90 days out from the desired dining date. Just call 407/WDW-DINE.

My sister and I usually do both restaurants on our trips. Definitely get a PS. It saves a lot of waiting and stress....you know you're gonna have a table soon after you arrive!!

We ate lunch at the Sci-Fi on July 4th. I always make a PS just in case it is crowded. We had an 11:05 PS. There were several families that came up with out a PS and were able to get a table. I had the Rueben. It was good and very big. I could only eat half of it. My daughter had a cheeseburger and said it was fine too.

Sci-Fi isn't just a restaurant, it's an experience. We went and had a blast...hope you get Michael as your waiter. He's the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter