• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi called me

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
My daughter got the message at home and called me at work. They're calling about getting me new ADRs for somewhere else since the Sci Fi will be closed when we're there. They left a number and my DD even verified it on the caller id but it doesn't work. Did anybody else get "the call"? The number they left was 407-560-7315. :confused3

I haven't gotten a call but I know I read another thread on this last night. I think they are closed from Sept9th -12th...

I didn't get the call. I heard about the closing on here a couple of weeks back, so I called. I wanted to make sure I could get something that I actually wanted rather than waiting for them.

Well I am glad to see that they called, I would just use the normal dining number and make an Adr for somewhere else

Oh, I found out about it weeks ago. I made lunch reservations at 50s PT instead back then. I just was going to call them and see if I could find out exact closing dates (I've heard 9/6 - 9/13 and even through the end of the month). I was just curious about that 506 number.

Can someone please link to a thread with the sci-fi closing information? My reservations may fall during the time they will be closed but I have not gotten a call? What a bummer, I love sci-fi.

I was called yesterday to change my Sept 6 reservation. The CM mentioned it would be open again on the 16th, I think.

No big deal. I just moved it to a dinner at Prime Time. Of course now I am having a meal there twice.

It was much better then me calling them and getting stuck with the long distance charge.

But this closing is going to mess up a whole bunch of table reservations and could make it even harder to get seating if you are trying to walk up. Free dining and a restaurant is closed, they are going to hear about this. (by others, not by me..i don't care as long as I can eat somewhere)

I had a message today and the number they left me was the normal dining # (407-wdw-dine). I had read the thread here earlier so I knew the call was coming. It's closed Sept 6-13 for rehab, the week we're going :guilty:

Here is the original thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=864091&page=2&pp=15

Here's a part of the reason it's confusing people. I called dining and they told me the notes said "Closed for maintenance Sep 6 - Sep 13 lunch period. Open for dinner." Now, that sounds like they're ONLY going to be closed for lunch during that period, but the CM and I figured out they meant the closure period is Sep 6 lunch THROUGH Sep 13 lunch and they'll be open from Sep 13 dinner on. Somebody chose some bad wording there.

As far as my crazy phone message- well. Leave it to a teenager. My DD was giving me the number ONLY from the caller ID. It says Disney-MGM Studios (which is kinda cool) and that 409-560 number. However, the actual message on the machine leaves the regular dining number. The 560 number must be some kind of central switchboard or something, but you can't call it directly apparently. Good luck getting alternate ADRs everyone! :wave:

My friend made a ADR for the 12th at 6:30. I told her about the rehab, so she called. That CM told her it would be closed for lunch that day but back open for dinner. I may tell her to go ahead and pick some where else just in case.

I had an ADR for Sept. 6 at 5:30 and they called to cancel and make a reservation for another place. I chose Mama Melrose (all they had was 4 PM - nice considering I made my reservation for Sci Fi 90 days out). They told me it will be closed Sept. 6 - 13th - they didn't mention just lunch since my ADR was dinner. Hope there are still openings for you at a similar place. Me DW, and DD are excited about our trip from Sept. 3- 8th.

Ok, I just called and I have a 5:30 reservation on 9/11 and they told me it was only closed for lunch. Can someone confirm what's going on here?

Update...its closed, if you have a reservation, please change it. Took me two calls to confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter