• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

School Pep Rallies

PixiePower62

<font color=limegreen>*~<font color=deeppink>It's
Hey everybody!
Im on my school's student council this year, and I'm on the pep rally committee. The problem, our pep rallies STINK. We think its just the attitude of our school. But I was wondering, what do you do at your school pep rallies? :jester: Thanks!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

i dont go..our school is so overcrowded we dont have room for everyone to fit...so all the kids without school spirit hang out in the cafeteria. sorry..but i bet others can help.

hey....good to see another stuco member around. anyway, we are in middle of planning our opening school assembly and upcoming pep rallies. for assemblies, we try to make them as silly as possible while having a point to keep the kids interested. we pull people down from each class and then teachers and make it funny. for pep rallies, we try to have them right before a sports game and get everyone fired up, and then go out to the game. it seems to help. if you have any questions, let me know!

we have the cheerleaders, ofcourse and we have student captain competitions, and people buy raffle tickets at lunch and can pie a teacher of their choice in the face. um we have games and we have the largest band in Ohio, so our band ALWAYS plays. we play cool song like "play that funky music" and "brown eyed girl" our majorettes and dance force performs, too. GOOD LUCK!

At my high school, we have a school dance, with a DJ, yours truly. We play some games, and the football players get announced. Stuff like that. The only bad thing is that there is too many people in such a small space.

I was in ASB for 2 years, and did cheer for 3 so i have a PRETTY good idea of what goes on hehe. In the past, we have had spirit activities where are the classes compete for 1st, 2nd, 3rd n 4th, band performs, the cheerleaders do a cheer and a dance, we have usually another group of students dance, the players are introduced. On thing that you want to make sure to do, is make it interesting for the students. We had a blue and white rally where everything was in black light, we had people perform skits and the whole 9 yards. I loved them!

We have 2 pep rallies every year, cuz we have them b4 palying the 2 other schools in my town. One of them is outside in the football stadium during 7th and 8th per. The cheerleaders perform, the marching band and squads perform, the pres of the senior class talks, pres of student coun. talks, we have cheering contests btw the fresh-soph-jun-sen and which ever class wins gets $100 towards their class.

The other one is in the auditorium or gym (either one) and its normally the day b4 thanksgiving at night since we play one of the teams on thanksgiving. again, the cheerleaders perform, the band plays songs, and each squad (flags, rifles, and dance) make up routines and perform them. then the class officers of all the classes perform skits and everything. then all the senior football and cheerleaders get reguinized. and they have the sen. cheerleaders kiss the sen football players..

thats basically it. the first one, becuz its during school, a lot of ppl cut. and the thanksgiving, a good amount of ppl show, but its basically the friends of cheerleaders, football players, band, squads, class officers, ect.

Thanks for posting, youv'e been a big help! I hope that we can have a great pep rally! Its next Friday, and the game is against our rival school, so Ill let you guys know how it goes!

All the fall sports teams are introduced, danceline/kickline performs, band plays....

and my mom would lie and write a note saying I had a doctors appointment to get me out of school early ;)

After the first one in ninth grade, I almost always skipped out of them after that. They were terrible, such a waste of time.

our pep rallies are the dumbest thing ever, but I'm in the band so I have to go to them. Pretty much, the captains of all the teams get up and yell in a microphone and say that they're awesome and they're gonna have a great season and come watch them on saturday because they're gonna be great! (insert lots and lots of screaming into a microphone here.) No one likes them except the people who play the sports, everyone else skips them if they can.

At our pep rallies the band performs, the cheerleaders cheer and dance, and then groups from our drill team dance (either officers, jazz company, or seniors since we have 3 different pep rallies). The head cheerleader has a "competition" between the classes to see who has the most spirit and who will win the spirit stick (the seniors always win, of course) and the football head coach has a few words to say. Then the two or three "stars" of the varsity team come down to the middle of the gym floor and pump up the crowd, trying to get them to go to the game that night (our pep rallies are the last 45 minutes of school on certain Fridays - the first home game, homecoming, and the game against our rival). The band usually plays 4-5 songs in all, each between dances, speeches, etc.
They're actually pretty fun when you get into them :)

Hey guys! Our pep rally was yesterday, before the BIG game against our rival!!! Well, it was awesome!!! When we walked into the gym, there was a slide show with pieces from the last year games, and there was music playing "We aint neva scared" really loud. We annouced the football players, then had the Wildcat (us) vs. the tiger (rival) fight and he got pied in the face, and put in a coffin and walked along a funeral procession by the football players. THen there were "tiger tails" thrown into the crowd, one to each grade. The person who caught it went to spin around with the bat, get blindfolded, then take a swing at the tiger pinatta (sp?). Then there were the class competitions to see who was the loudest. It us (sophomores '06!!!) of course!! :smooth: Then the cheerleaders and dance team performed. The football players were supposed to do some type of skit, from an Under armor commercial (havent seen it, but you might have), like a "remember the Titans" sort of dance. But there wasnt enough time. Probably cuz the teachers running it took so long trying to get everyone "respectfully" silent for the "funeral procession" of the tiger, we were all so excited. At the game, we lost 20-13, but next year its gonna be home team advantage so, we'll see! Some plusses of the pep rally, we charged $1 to buy a ticket, so we got only the people who chose to be there. The $1 went straight to a lil garnet and gray (school colors) pom pom, so everyone got a cute favor. It was in the gym, unlike the football stadium like other years, so it made it sound like more noise. Also, it was centered more about the football players, not the Student Council like before. Maybe, if like us, you could use some of our ideas, to make ur pep rallies good too!!! Thanks for helping!

Our school has TONS of School spirit, so Pep Rallies are always tons of fun! We jam more than 2000 kinds in our gym! Oce everyone is seated, the drumline plays our school's cadences, the cheerleaders get up in two lines and do this super easy step (Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap, arms go down, arms go up -repeat) then all the members of our seasonal teams will walk down between the two lines of cheerleaders & drumine w/ a large banner while somone announces the group (Like football, tennis, etc)...

after that, someone (usually a jr or senior) will welcome everyone to the pep rally - they say whatever they need to say - then the principal usually talks (our school LOVES our principal!) - after that we have each group of cheerleaders do their routines (Well, they're less of cheerleaders than they are skanky *****s at my school, it's really sad), the Dance team and the Steppers will also do their thing... The Cheerleaders of each grade will lead each grade in their "school cheer" (if you're a senior this year, it would be "2 - 0 - 0 - 4! We're the class of '04! Gooooo Falcons!" that or the typical "Seniors, Seniors" *clap clap clap clap clap* repeat)... Sometimes they make a video and project it onto a big screen... we hired a group of AMAZING tumblers to come to our last pep rally... we've done tons of cool stuff!

For HOMECOMING week, we have an ongoing competition between classes - they're judged on things like painting the courtyard windows, painting the windows downtown, a choreographed dance, and then they do random games during the assembly (like who can chug something fastest, who can eat something fastest, etc)... so each class gains points all thru homecoming week - SENIORS always always always win, then it's a mixup between the fresh/soph/jrs...

We have a "Monday Night Dance" Which is a pretty casual (Maybe a cute skirt & shirt) dance, it's just for a lot of fun, and that's where the choreographed dance is performed

Friday is the homecoming football game, no suprise there!

Saturday night is the Homecoming dance... We've had themes like "A Moment like this" "I can show you the world" "Mardi Gras" "All that Jazz" Just cheesy stuff like that!! (I'm not a big dance person, i've only been to turnabout & Prom)

Anyways, that's about all i can think of!! I hope you can get some ideas!! School can sort of be fun if you want it to be!

i have NO school spirit wut so ever. thats on the count that my school is so poor-lol. eh not really. i just dont like my school. the teachers are idiots and im not wut u would call a "prep". in fact i hate almost all the preps in my school. lol but thats just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter