School let out when? Trip Report June 2010 day 7 UPD 10/15

hollybearsmom

Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!
We're back from a wonderful vacation trip! School let out June 5th so we decided to make a quick trip to celebrate our dd finishing elementary school, and my dh and i's 15th Anniversary.
The pretrip is here

(Photopass pics will be posted after that cd arrives.)
And here we are on the road:
DSCN0963.jpg

DSCN0961.jpg

DSCN0959.jpg

DSCN0960.jpg

We left on time friday to pick up dh at his base and drove down to Orlando with dinner at Olive Garden on the way, yum.

Our first hint we were near
DSCN0968.jpg

dd loved this and wants to be sure we get there next trip
DSCN0974.jpg

just thought this was cool and took a photo for my brother
DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0975.jpg

this way to the hotel
DSCN0977.jpg

hooray! We are there! First floor by the pool - why not, so at 9pm we went swimming! Baths and into bed by 11pm, never bothered by noise of the pool, but our neighbors tv - geesh was it loud. About 2a they turned it off, good nights sleep was had by all.

The adventure begins tomorrow!!!!!!

Day 1 – Arrival Day
Yes we got into Orlando last night, but we are checking into All Star Movies today, and calling it the real arrival day, ok.
Up early and over to AS Movies to meet up for our frig swap, arrived a little early, so quick peek into the gift shop, grab postcards and send Fairy Godmailer cards out, then into the food court we go, chocolate croissant, choc chip pancakes with a hidden Mickey, and an apple turnover.
DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

DSCN0986.jpg

Time to get the frig! Room is ready, so check in. Room was clean and standard for the resort, in the Dalmation 4. Decorated the window. Loaded up the lanyard while dh unloaded the car and we all just relax a few minutes. Then off again to Shades of Green for our tickets.
DSCN0990.jpg

DSCN0997.jpg

DSCN1000.jpg

Stop at the Poly to check the shops out for a Pressed Penny Album, and to trade pins.
DSCN0996.jpg

DSCN1003.jpg

DSCN1005.jpg

We took he DVC tour with Andrew, he was great, and went to Downtown Disney.
We went to PH to use our coupon on appetizers, dodged a rain shower while there, and walked through to all our favorite stores...
DSCN1010.jpg

DSCN1036.jpg

DSCN1040.jpg

DSCN1048.jpg

we also went to Goofys and the toy store and finally grabbed the bus back to AS Movies, hit the pool to cool off.
Bathtime and into bed.

Day 2
Up bright and early for Animal Kingdom. Have not seen the rope drop here before, so arrived about 30 minutes early and had plenty of time to wait. Ate some snacks we brought along. Followed the parade into Africa for the Safari ride. (My favorite thing to do at AK.)
DSCN1054.jpg

DSCN1060.jpg

DSCN1065.jpg

DSCN1076.jpg

DSCN1092.jpg

DSCN1096.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

Ten minute wait for Kali, got wet, of course. Headed to Asia for Expedition Everest, used a child swap so both of us could ride it with dd, and decided to find some lunch.
DSCN1128.jpg

Into dino land and ate at Restaurantsaurus.
DSCN1141.jpg

Salad was huge! Kids ate burgers. ds got up and danced with a cm, and got a free pin for trading.
DSCN1135.jpg

DSCN1136.jpg

DSCN1140.jpg

We searched out some pressed penny machines, then headed over to catch the Nemo show. Once in that air conditioning, ds grabbed a quick rest before the show, we enjoyed this little musical a lot.
DSCN1147.jpg

DSCN1149.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

DSCN1165.jpg

Back across the park to Camp Mickey-Minnie for meet and greets. Stopped to see Lilo and Stitch on the way.
DSCN1115.jpg

DSCN1117.jpg

DSCN1122.jpg

DSCN1179.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

Nabbed a front row spot for the Jammin Jungle Parade.
DSCN1185.jpg

DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1196.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

Finished the walk out of the park with some photopass shots, and headed to CiCi’s Pizza for dinner. Needed a few things from Target. Back to the resort to hit the pool. We went back up to the room to clean up and decided to head down to the Arcade for a while. Finally into bed. Good night!

Day 3.
Up and out early for rope drop at Hollywood Studios. It was busy today. We joined the pack headed for Toy Story and grabbed a FP then hopped in the line so we could ride it twice in a row.
DSCN1219.jpg
DSCN1220.jpg
DSCN1221.jpg
DSCN1234.jpg

Waited out a quick rain shower, which just made it more muggy. Went to Starring Rolls for breakfast of blueberry muffin, everything bagel, cheese Danish, and a cinnamon roll.
We did a little pin trading and got in line to see Sorcerer Mickey, Lotso, and the Incredibles. Then it started raining again so we jumped under the canopy at Playhouse Disney and went on in to see that show. My ds was enjoying every minute of this. So we stuck around to meet Annie and Leo, and Handy Manny.
DSCN1250.jpg

DSCN1253.jpg

DSCN1256.jpg

Then dh and dd rode TSMM again, while ds and I grabbed a snack and some shade. We went to the Back Lot for lunch of turkey sandwich and chicken nuggets. Pressed some pennies.
DSCN1298.jpg

Ran into Muppets 3D, and then got another front row spot for the Block Party Bash.
DSCN1306.jpg

DSCN1308.jpg

DSCN1314.jpg

DSCN1327.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

DSCN1356.jpg

The sun was on our backs and we were roasting after it, so we grabbed some shade at American Idol steps and had lots to drink to cool down. The girls went to ride Tower of Terror while the boys had ice cream treats.
DSCN1359.jpg

The ds and I went to the shade while dh and dd sat front row after Mulch, Sweat, and Shears for HSM3 show.
DSCN1360.jpg

DSCN1363.jpg

DSCN1365.jpg

DSCN1369.jpg

Headed out for the afternoon to resort, checked kids into Neverland Club at Poly and headed back to HS for a little kid free touring, Tower of Terror,
DSCN1383.jpg

walked around, Star Tours, and then Tower of Terror again before grabbing the kids to head to the Poly beach to watch the fireworks. Finally got to resort, cleaned up, and went to bed. Ahhhhhhhhh.

Love your T-shirts. The pics look like you're all having fun.

I will have an elementary school grad next week. Where did the time go? Schools not out until the 29th but then we're doing the same thing namely hoping in the car and heading for WDW!

Love your T-shirts. The pics look like you're all having fun.

I will have an elementary school grad next week. Where did the time go? Schools not out until the 29th but then we're doing the same thing namely hoping in the car and heading for WDW!

thanks for mentioning our shirts, we love having the matching ones there

i see you are heading down for dance competition, will we see lots of photos in your trip report i hope?

thanks for mentioning our shirts, we love having the matching ones there

i see you are heading down for dance competition, will we see lots of photos in your trip report i hope?

They are usually pretty strict about taking pictures during the actual performance. But before and after for sure.

Joining in just a little late. You have lots of great pictures!!!!!

Those chocolate chip pancakes look yummy! How were they?

I am so impressed that you actually saw the lion awake. The elephant picture is great too.

Looking forward to more...

Day4.
Epcot and World Showcase.
DSCN1387.jpg

This was a planned sleep in day. Most of what we want to do is the kidcot stations, so we didn’t feel a need to arrive at opening. This park was pretty crowded too. And it was hot. Grabbed a FP for Test Track, signed up for Kim Possible Mission,
DSCN1402.jpg

and went to Japan to pick my pearl. We got a beautiful blue/silver pearl that was more than 8mm. It would not fit in the cage I had brought with me!
We decided to start the kidcot there, and then grabbed the Kim Possible Communicator and did the Japan mission. dd had a ball doing this and wondering around “alone” (in sight) searching for each artifact. We grabbed a quick lunch at the American Pavillion. Watched the film.
DSCN1395.jpg

DSCN1392.jpg
DSCN1388.jpg

Road Maelstrom in Norway. Grabbed some candy in Italy. Had a pretzel in Germany. Swung by Mexico and went back to TT for dh and dd to ride while ds and I played in the cool off misters. We ran through Mouse Gears, traded some pins, and rode Spaceship Earth. Went over to ride the Seas w/ Nemo, the girls shared an ice cream treat, then we went back into the WS to do the rest of the kidcot starting at Canada, UK, France, Morrocco, and Back to Italy for our dinner at Tutto Italia.
We walked back to Future World and decided to go for a swim, so back to resort to cool down. I took ds up for baths and bedtime, while dh and dd spent a little daddy/daughter time in the Arcade before their showers and bedtime.

Day 5.
Rope drop at Magic Kingdom. Bright, sunny day, good spot for the opening train show.
DSCN1475.jpg
DSCN1477.jpg

Main St. Bakery for breakfast.
DSCN1485.jpg

DSCN1484.jpg

Then headed for the mountains. While dh and dd rode Splash, ds and I played in the little spot under the trains…then dh and dd rode Big Thunder while ds and I had snacks.
DSCN1496.jpg
DSCN1497.jpg

We all rode Pirates. Then went around the castle to ride the TTA, too crowded over here, so off to Peter Pan,
DSCN1533.jpg

Small World
DSCN1534.jpg
DSCN1538.jpg

and we decided to get lunch at Pinnochio’s.
All rode Haunted Mansion,
DSCN1605.jpg
DSCN1624.jpg

about a 30 minute wait, I’ve seen it worse, but it was stinking hot this day. We couldn’t get a good spot for the Volunteer parade so we found a spot in the shade instead.
DSCN1626.jpg
DSCN1630.jpg
DSCN1640.jpg
DSCN1645.jpg

Then headed for the air conditioning of Hall of Presidents. Split up so dh and dd could go do Space Mtn and ds and I caught the stage show in front of the castle.
DSCN1673.jpg

The dh took ds for ice cream while dd and I went to meet Silvermist and TINK! Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern which they decorated the table for our anniversary, so sweet.
DSCN1689.jpg

Found a spot for the Electric Light Parade, but photos did not turn out at all, so sad. We stayed in the hub for the fireworks,
DSCN1705.jpg
DSCN1738.jpg
DSCN1774.jpg

then hit the stores on the way out for some pin trading and last minute souvies. Back to the resort for quickest showers ever and fell into bed. Phew.

You have some great pics! We've never done rope drop from the front of the park at AK -- did you say there's a parade? That will have to be on our must do list next time!

You have some great pics! We've never done rope drop from the front of the park at AK -- did you say there's a parade? That will have to be on our must do list next time!

It was great fun. They bring the characters up like the parade on cars and do a little opening speil and then you can follow them through the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter