Scholastic Books Build-A-Bear Club

luckofthedraw

Mouseketeer
Have any of you tried this program? DD and DS are dying to try it, and I am the skeptical mom. ;)

It appears that the initial "Friendship Kit" includes a 7.5" Cheer Bear and outfit, then coming months bring an outfit, accessory, themed craft & activity book, membeary book, stickers, and exclusive website access. It also mentions "2 bonus bear friends (in future packs)". If any of you have tried it, at what point do the second and third bears ship?

How long does the $5.95 introductory price last?? Just the first month? What IS the regular price?

(Ah...the details they conveniently don't mention.)

I just received my 3rd one and although and my DD really likes them. You get a bear wiht the first and the third set. Ther is alos an online part we haven't tried yet. Don't know how long I'll keep it but maybe one more shipment.

My DH signed my DD up for it...she isn't that impressed...I am not sure how you cancel it...we are on our third one...just came in the mail today. After the initial one they are like $16 and some change...so not cheap in my opinion...my DD would much rather go to BAB and spend that $$ there.

My DD8 just got her 2nd shipment. It was almost $18 with shipping, not a bargin! We just got the cheer outfit. Our first one came with another outfit. Maybe like a previous poster said, we'll get another bear for our 3rd shipment. Don't know how long we'll keep this up. Not worth it if you ask me, ask her and she'll say it is, but she's spoiled ;)

After hearing this, they both agreed: they'd rather go and spend the money at BAB, picking out what they want. Who knew kids could be practical? :rotfl:

All of those clubs are a rip. We made the mistake when the boys first started getting books there. They were a PITB to cancel, too. They tried to charge me even though I had proof it had been cancelled.

When I send in my 3rd payment, I writing to cancel subscription on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter