• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scheduled Events for Epcot's Anniversary

I'm avoiding Epcot on the 1st b/c I don't want to deal with the crowds.

We are going to Epcot on 9/30.

Is there something going on at Epcot on 9/30 which will make the crowds large on 9/30 too?

The D23 event will be on 9/30, but it will be just lectures, and will take place in the World Showplace (the old Millennium village). The lectures from from 9:30 to 5:30, so most people who are attending will be busy inside listening then. It will likely feel busier around lunchtime when the attendees take a break, and then after the seminars.

I doubt it will have much impact on attraction wait times, since people who are attending are there for the presentations and not the park itself.

Epcot is scheduled to open at 9a this day....do you think they will open the gates earlier? I mean a half hour or more...not 10-15min early.

And if they did would it just be for merchandise or would the attractions be open?

Did they open MK ahead of schedule?

Didn't plan our trip around this but super excited! F&W, MNSSHP, and 30th! I am pumped!

The D23 event will be on 9/30, but it will be just lectures, and will take place in the World Showplace (the old Millennium village). The lectures from from 9:30 to 5:30, so most people who are attending will be busy inside listening then. It will likely feel busier around lunchtime when the attendees take a break, and then after the seminars.

I doubt it will have much impact on attraction wait times, since people who are attending are there for the presentations and not the park itself.

Thanks!

Of course some of us will probably "pick and choose" I don't think I will be spending from 9:30 to 5:30 in that building. I will probably go to the presenations I find appealing once I get the schedule at check in. I know others are more "determined" then me, but...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter