Schedule help please

Sb4

Earning My Ears
We will be at WDW the last week of October, and are debating the MNSSHP. We attended that in 2015 and loved it. I'm not sure yet if we will go this year. That will likely depend, in part, on whether we tack on a day or 2 at universal.

Current schedule:
Sunday: Arrival day / relax / headless horseman event
Monday: AK (EMH)
Tuesday: HS
Wednesday: MK
Thursday: Epcot or rest day then MNSSHP
Friday: breakfast and depart. We can make this a park day too if we want.

It's a quick trip for Disney, but we plan to do a long one in 2019. If we are skipping any park this time, it will be Epcot.

Questions:
1) If we do the party this time, should we do it Tuesday or Thursday? We know better than to plan an early day the day after he party.

2) if universal happens, should we do it before or after Disney?

We will be in Florida for a total of 10 days, and we do have schedule flexibility.

I would do the earlier one, I fell as though both will be very busy given the proximity to Halloween. We went once that last week and found the party very crowded.

Reactions: Sb4
Or should we just skip the party altogether, since we did it 2 years ago, and use that money for an extra park day?

Tuesday would be the 24th and Thursday would be the 26th, correct? I'd go with the earlier date. With that being the weekend before Halloween the park attendance may start to pick up. Same goes to US, especially with Hollywood Horror Night. Try squeezing that in mid trip instead of end of trip if possible if heavy crowds are something you're trying to avoid. It's also nice to break up with Dis trip with US. We did that in Sept last year and it was a nice change of pace mid week to spend a whole day at US. We skipped HHN since we were doing MNSSHP and really couldn't tack on an extra expense.

Tuesday would be the 24th and Thursday would be the 26th, correct? I'd go with the earlier date. With that being the weekend before Halloween the park attendance may start to pick up. Same goes to US, especially with Hollywood Horror Night. Try squeezing that in mid trip instead of end of trip if possible if heavy crowds are something you're trying to avoid. It's also nice to break up with Dis trip with US. We did that in Sept last year and it was a nice change of pace mid week to spend a whole day at US. We skipped HHN since we were doing MNSSHP and really couldn't tack on an extra expense.

Thank you! We definitely are not doing the HHN. Our kids are 7 and 9. ;). They just want to see the Harry Potter stuff, and would enjoy the big rides at universal.

Thank you! We definitely are not doing the HHN. Our kids are 7 and 9. ;). They just want to see the Harry Potter stuff, and would enjoy the big rides at universal.

Even at 28 I have no interest in HHN. I'm too much of a wuss! What perfect ages, they will LOVE the HP attractions and US all together. If you've been there before disregard my upcoming ramblings LOL. The Men in Black ride was a blast. I'd do that multiple times if I could. It's like Buzz but even crazier. I loved Dudley Do Right's flume. You get drenched! Getting wands in Diagon Alley, although a little pricey, can be a lot of fun. It's special because you pick out your own from rows upon rows of wands and you can go around using them. I'm not even a huge HP fan but I actually wanted one :rotfl:and they are really, really strict about the lockers and no loose items for a few of the HP rides - especially the dueling dragons. The lockers they provide can be quite a fiasco with crowding and I forgot where our locker was both times soooo that made it even more of a headache :faint: but overall I loved US and we did it in one day but got there right when it opened (with Uber, so inexpensive!) and stayed until HHN was about to start and we had to leave.

I would do the 2nd party and have it kind of as your last hoorah on the last night before you're leaving. Depending on how you normally tour, having a really late night at the front end of your trip may leave you pretty tired for the remainder.

As for Universal, I would do it first. I like to save the best (for me in this case WDW) for last.

Reactions: Sb4
We have been to Disney a few times, by never to universal. Is it realistic to do universal in one day? We would get the park to park, so we can ride the train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter