SCBN Prescription Advocacy?

kdhewson

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had any experience with this company? They can get me insulin for the fraction of the cost of what I am paying now, I have no health insurance at this time. Any comments or experience with them?

TIA

Karen

What insulin do you take? We do not have health insurance right now either, and my husband gets his Humalog for free from the Lilly Patient Assistance Program...

There is a very large and active DOC (Diabetes Online Community) that might be able to help with your needs. There are facebook groups, twitter connections where there are people willing to help others in the D community out. Send me a PM.

I glanced over their website - I had never heard of them before - and it looks like they charge you $25/month, per medication for doing paperwork for you. You can do the paperwork yourself, in all honesty. I would just be careful about signing any contracts or anything with them. I looked at their list of medications, and yes, some of them are very expensive, but others are very cheap and would cost you less than $25/month just on cash.

You can go the website of the manufacturer of your insulin and look for their patient assistance. For examply, Lilly's program is HERE.

You can also talk with your doctor's office or check with your local hospital. The hospital where I work actually has a patient assistance coordinator to help patients afford the drugs they need. Your doctor's office may be able to get you some samples or coupons, and they will probably have to sign off on assistance paperwork. The assistance programs typically have income guidelines, but coupons and samples aren't linked to income.

Best of luck - I know insulins can get quite expensive in a hurry. :goodvibes

What insulin do you take? We do not have health insurance right now either, and my husband gets his Humalog for free from the Lilly Patient Assistance Program...

I take Lantus and Humalog. I tried the patient assistance last year thru the pharmaceutical companies and I was turned down.

The insulin costs me about 300.00 a month right now and that is doing the vials and syringes. From what they (SCBN) told me there is a one time membership fee and then roughly about 55.00 a month for both types of insulin I need. I tried the patient assistance last year and was turned down. It took 3 months to hear back from them. I have a diabetes educator who has given me lists of places but it seems like every where I have tried I hit a dead end. My income is NOT high so I don't know.......the coupons I've found are for co-pays if you have insurance. My doctor gets very little insulin samples.

The insulin costs me about 300.00 a month right now and that is doing the vials and syringes. From what they (SCBN) told me there is a one time membership fee and then roughly about 55.00 a month for both types of insulin I need. I tried the patient assistance last year and was turned down. It took 3 months to hear back from them. I have a diabetes educator who has given me lists of places but it seems like every where I have tried I hit a dead end. My income is NOT high so I don't know.......the coupons I've found are for co-pays if you have insurance. My doctor gets very little insulin samples.

I'm really not trying to be a naysayer, it is just that their website states several times over $25/month per prescription. Granted, $50 a month is a lot less than $300/month, but it really sounds to me like what they do is assist you in filling out paperwork to help you get assistance from the manufacturer. If you have previously attempted this and have been turned down, I'm not sure what they will do differently for you that might help you get approved.

Here is a Lantus coupon link Keep in mind that your cost will be more than $25 - the maximum benefit per prescription is $100. The SoloStar pens run around $150-$200 (depending on your pharmacy), so your cost would be $50-$100. This card is good for 6 months. I tested it out - said I had no insurance and after I clicked through, a card appeared for me to print. It might not hurt to try - it could represent a $100/month savings for you.

Best of luck - I know it is frustrating. :flower3:

Have you googled them and read what is on ripoff.com. there seem to be a number of complaints about them.

Like I said in my previous posts there are a number of online resources in the DOC if you contact me I could probably help you out. Send me a PM

Yes, I read all about them on the Ripoff website, that's what got me nervous about them in the first place. I looked at their BBB score and one said an A and the other said an F so that's why I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with them!

I'm really not trying to be a naysayer, it is just that their website states several times over $25/month per prescription. Granted, $50 a month is a lot less than $300/month, but it really sounds to me like what they do is assist you in filling out paperwork to help you get assistance from the manufacturer. If you have previously attempted this and have been turned down, I'm not sure what they will do differently for you that might help you get approved.

Here is a Lantus coupon link Keep in mind that your cost will be more than $25 - the maximum benefit per prescription is $100. The SoloStar pens run around $150-$200 (depending on your pharmacy), so your cost would be $50-$100. This card is good for 6 months. I tested it out - said I had no insurance and after I clicked through, a card appeared for me to print. It might not hurt to try - it could represent a $100/month savings for you.

Best of luck - I know it is frustrating. :flower3:

Thank you so much! I found this last night too and will give it a try! I really appreciate all the replies and suggestions!

SCBN is a prescription advocacy company that helps low-income, uninsured Americans obtain their expensive prescription medication directly through pharmaceutical manufacturers. Members receive free or discounted medications along with access to a team of advocates for an average monthly membership due of $25 per medication.

The SCBN Advocacy team is passionate about providing the best prescription advocacy services available. We understand the difficulties our members face when managing their own healthcare and prescription needs and are dedicated to making the process of obtaining free or reduced cost prescription medication as smooth as possible. Many people find that the proof of income requirements or appeal processes can be confusing and frustrating and often get denied assistance for something as simple as not checking a box on their application. We have years of experience working with PAPs and have strict quality control guidelines for every application that leaves our office which is why our approval rate is much higher than the national average.

SCBN is also a great resource for people who are interested in applying for Patient Assistance Programs on their own. You can ask questions of an advocate on the SCBN Advocacy Facebook page, follow the SCBN Blog or read articles about applying to PAPs on our Google+ page. We believe that low income and uninsured Americans should not have to go without their life saving medications and make it our goal to help everyone who is in need to the best of our abilities.

Good luck with your prescription needs and do not hesitate to contact us should you need any help along the way!

Have you tried Walmart? I know when I had Gestational Diabetes I was able to purchase there for about $15.00/vial. I am not able to find information over the internet, but calling the local pharmacy in Walmart should get you the information you need. I also found their brand of test strips and meters to be a great price compared to even what my co-pays would have been. I hope this helps you.

Have you tried Walmart? I know when I had Gestational Diabetes I was able to purchase there for about $15.00/vial. I am not able to find information over the internet, but calling the local pharmacy in Walmart should get you the information you need. I also found their brand of test strips and meters to be a great price compared to even what my co-pays would have been. I hope this helps you.

The OP is a Zombie thread - over a year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter