• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scared! If I do 180, instead of 180+10, will I not get my reservations??????

MAPOrocks

Mouseketeer
Just started reading about 180+10. Now I am really scared. We haven't made our hotel reservations yet, because of family issues.....but I wanted to go ahead and make dining reservations. If I wait until 180 days out, will I not get OHANA, BOG or chef mickey's???!!! ADVISE NEEDED!!!

You will just have to make the reservations day-by-day at this point. I think the one that will be the most trouble is BOG, but you can always do lunch there instead. I don't think CM will be a problem, especially if you are willing to be flexible about times.

I hadn't booked my vacation either when it was time for my ADRs (there weren't any discounts out at the time), and I got all my ADRs I wanted at basically the times I wanted, including BOG. Yah I had to get up at 6am 8 days in a row, but it was worth it!

One of my coworkers has tried for the last 2 morning (the 180 mark) to get BOG for either 10/19 or 10/20 and there was nothing available. It does stink and the odds of something becoming available are slim. They will probably have to try lunch but are very sad about it. This is their first and probably only trip. It was also her DD6 only request.

I got BOG at 180 back in March, I just cancelled it though because the timing might not have worked out. So you CAN get it, but there's also the possibility you won't. It is just that popular at the moment. If you're an odd numbered party, try an even number, but round up - if you're a party of 3 try 4, if you're a party of 5 try 6, etc.

It's frustrating that the new Disney site is not allowing anyone to make 180+10 online but you are able make it work by using the old site, through the British website. Here is link.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/

I was unable to use Google Chrome but was able to make it work using Firefox after I cleared my history and cookies.

If you can't go that route. I would just call and make reservations on the morning of my 180 days. They are taking 180+10 over the phone. I think you will have a better chance of getting what you want by calling early on your 180 day marker then by checking online everyday. :)

Good Luck!

Just started reading about 180+10. Now I am really scared. We haven't made our hotel reservations yet, because of family issues.....but I wanted to go ahead and make dining reservations. If I wait until 180 days out, will I not get OHANA, BOG or chef mickey's???!!! ADVISE NEEDED!!!

I don't have a hotel reservation yet either and have been making ADRs each morning this week. So far I have: CM, CRT and F! package at almost exactly the times I want. No luck with BOG but it looks like MNSSHP will be 4 nights the week we are there and I wonder if that effects ADRs for that restaurant. We will do BOG for lunch if we can't get an ADR.

I got BOG at 180+10, but 2 days later I couldn't find any dates for my entire trip. I had wanted to change it to another night. Since I have it, I'm leaving it. The key will be persistence. Call early and often.

As others have said, BOG will present the biggest issue for you.

My guess is that Ohana will be the second most difficult, but probably not impossible. Ohana was at the far end of my plus 10 when I booked at 180 days. I got a booking fine, but surprisingly not at the time I wanted. Every other reservation I made for my trip (didn't try BOG) I got either at the exact time I wanted or within 15 minutes. Ohana was the exception, where I had to adjust my time by about 45 minutes. Not saying you won't be able to get Ohana, just perhaps be a bit flexible with your times.

On a more positive side I have been going into the system a lot lately to make a few adjustments to my ADRs (late Sep/early Oct) and there still seems to be a lot of availability at most restaurants. This will probably change now that the free dining rumors are in full-force for September, but I did notice the other day that there were still pre park opening slots available at CRT. I'd read that CRT was one of the hardest ADRs to make, but approx 3 weeks after my 180 day window opened up there was still plenty of availability.

Good luck getting what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter