Scannable gift cards

mhochman

Mouseketeer
I buy e-gift cards from Target and consolidate on gift card website. I keep the numbers on my phone so I can copy and paste as I use the cards, and I carry one card that I keep loaded for swiping. In May, we chaperoned a school trip to WDW and everyone was given a 50th anniversary gift card with some $$ for meals. These cards have a sort elongated QR code on them and when we put in a mobile order, and selected to pay with a gift card, we were given the opportunity to scan the QR code to pay for the meal. It was so much faster than copying and pasting the numbers. I tried scanning the bar code of one of my older gift cards, but it didn't work.

I'd like to have QR code gift cards for my upcoming trip. The problem with the cards we were given (which I still have) is that they are oversized and don't fit in my wallet. Searching at local Targets, I can't find any gift cards with the QR code, only barcodes.

Does anyone know where I can buy a regular sized QR code gift card? I don't mind buying one or two at face value to then have the convenience of using that card for my entire trip.

I'm not 100% sure, but I just bought some from the shopDisney website and the gift cards I received have a QR code type-ish. It's not a square but a rectangle and is not a barcode that you would find from Target. You may want to try buying a small physical gift card there and see if they send you what you are looking for.

The only scannable cards I've seen are the wrist-band cards they sell at Food & Wine.

1658258615337.png

For what it’s worth, I just chatted with a cast member on the Shop Disney site and he said that they do NOT sell the gift cards with the QR codes. Not sure if he actually knows what he’s talking about, but I’ll hold off until I’m at the parks to get one.

If you buy a virtual gift card from shop Disney directly, it will allow you to add the QR code to your mobile wallet. I put it on my Apple Watch for folks to scan. It always blew their mind.

Edit: your mobile wallet will always show the initial amount as the number, but I just transfer money to it.

I cropped the code that they scan, but it does work.

Attachments

• C2B05D6E-550B-49EE-A8CF-CA98A7D0407F.jpeg
    C2B05D6E-550B-49EE-A8CF-CA98A7D0407F.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter