SB-Water-proof disposable cameras???

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
We're going to Soak City in Sandusky, Ohio in late July. I don't want to take my good camera but I'm sure I'll want pics from the day. Have any of you used these cameras and do they do an okay job?
Thanks!
ann

and I feel the pictures are just fine.

Have a soaking good time.

Laura

I used the Fugi one at Typhoon Lagoon and it worked great! Just wish I bought 2 with me!

I have used the Kodak ones probably about 5 times and never had a problem with them. They do take pretty good pictures too. I am always a little scared that water is somehow going to get in the camera and ruin it, but they must really seal them up good. Have fun!

We've used both Kodak and Fuji waterproof disposables many times for a variety of activities and have no complaint with them. I just finished a scrapbook layout from Water Country (like Blizzard Beach) where all the pictures were taken with a waterproof disposable. One was even taken underwater of kids waving underwater-- very cute picture.

Have a great time!

Thanks everybody!! I knew somebody'd have the answer.:D

ditto - on the underwater pics!
I have found that I like the colors of the FUGI cameras better!
my 2 cents!
Definate MUST HAVE at a water park!

PAttyT

We took Fuji and Kodak on our cruise last week and they both turned out great. I have another suggestion if you think you might use more than 2 however. We also purchased a reuseable 35mm underwater camera (it's a plastic case that's waterproof) at Target for $19.99. It's just a basic camera, but the pictures turned out great. We love that we can take as many pictures as we want and know we just have to add another roll of film. It's much more cost effective if you'll use more than 2 disposeable cameras ever.
Lisa

Lisa thanks for the tip! I use to have an underwater camera it was a 110. Still works but I don't know if you can even buy film anymore!

Lisa - I didn't know they made a reusable water camera. I guess I would be scared it would leak and ruin the film. When you put film in, does it look like its sealed up tight? That would be great because we are starting to enjoy water parks more often now and I don't always take a camera as I don't want to keep buying throw aways.

The reuseable camera is in a plastic casing and yes, it's a VERY tight seal. It's along the same line as a waterproof case that you would carry your money or id in, only larger. It snaps together and there is rubber in between to make a tight seal. I hope this makes sense. I do have to say that we got some more pictures back from this weekend at the lake. They are not as good as our cruise pictures. What I can figure is that it was BRIGHT sunshine on the cruise and this weekend was a little overcast as the lake. The pictures are ok, just not as vibrant as the brighter ones. So maybe this camera would be best used in best outdoor conditions. It's still a great option for us and hopefully you guys can use it as well. Target is the only place I've seen these so far.
Lisa

I found this on-line. It's not the same one I have, but looks like a good one none-the-less and you can order it on-line.

Underwater camera

Lisa

Now I think I need to buy one of those!
Anyone know how that brand works?
It would be less bulky to have 1 camera and film than having to pack 2 or 3 disposables!
PattyT

I just bought one of these while in Lake George this week to use in the pool! It is a Fuji one and I am dying to see the pictures! I am taking it tomorrow to get it developed, so hopefully I can post some pics tomorrow...I hope they come out okay! :)

I have a waterproof Cannon 35mm camera ... it takes decent pictures, but even though I took it to Disney last summer I was afraid to take it to Typhoon Lagoon in case I lost it ... mine cost slightly over $100 dollars a couple of years ago.

So no photos from TL ... for this year's trip I've already purchased a Fugi waterproof disposable (it was cheaper than the Kodak model and the ones for sale were in boxes that were pretty beat up). Even if I don't get terrific photos, I figure any photos are better than no photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter