SB: How many people have and/or use...

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
Those spiral scrapbook albums??? And have you been happy with them? As soon as I finish my current scrapbook I want to get my next one started but I really hate doing my pages, then sticking them in those plastic sheets then putting them in my book. So I was wondering how people like the spiral ones.

I did a spiral Canson album (10x10) for my best friend's wedding. I bought their slide-on page protectors for it. I had a couple of extra pages left, so I just carefully cut them out. It turned out nice IMHO. :)

I have very mixed feelings about them...What else is new?!!? LOL!
I did two books for my DD. The first one I did was her preschool and kindergarten and the other one was her ballet. They are both full and FINISHED!
My biggest grip about them. the covers become very dirty quickly. Even with the cleanest hands it just didn't stay crisp. I also bought the cream colored cover, big mistake. IF you do go with spiral go dark with the cover!
My books are filled but I didn't mat much mainly cropped and journal writing. I think if you like to mat or use a lot of memorbilia you will run into trouble and the albums will flair out.
The one thing I really liked about the spiral was the paper! It had a nice texture and I really love cream color....
Hope that gives you some information.
I personally will not use a spiral one again. Maybe I would if I was doing a special small album 5x7 like as a teacher album or I may do one for a friend who I seem to always have pictures of her son. Our kids are in school together, church, T-ball...So I actually have enough pictures of her son and my DD to make a cute little album.
You may be very happy using Creative Memory albums. they are very nice and you scrap directly on the pages in the album. The covers are beautiful and very well made. You can add to it.

My first album was a spiral bound album with a black cover and black pages. It looks great however it is not going to stand up to finger prints-black shows every little thing you know! I did try adding page protectors however I had to cut them to fit and they just did not look right. Initially when I started scrapping I hated the look of page protectors but I have found that I love the pioneer albums and they come with the page protectors, they go well together. I don't care for the 3 ring binder with the page protectors however. My pioneer albums are post bound. I also like the fact that if necessary you can move your pages around in the pioneer album,once or twice I have had to do this. With the spiral bound once my photos were down they were they to stay. Of course this can be accomodated thru careful planning.
So there you go-my opinion!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

I would only use a spiral album for a small album and for one small event - maybe a gradution party, or beach vacation. I wouldn't let it be a major project. I just don't feel they hold up as well. Happy Scrappin'.

Lisa

I also would worry about the durability. Would the pages stand up to years of page-turning? I love to matt my photos and I imagine the pages could become rather heavy and eventually tear out of the album. I would hate to see all that work ruined because of a bad binding. My suggestion would be to invest in something with a better binding that will stand the test of time.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter