SB: HELP! I need a creative idea for this trip to WDW...

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
This will be our 4th (and last) trip in 15 months... I've scrapped all the others (out the wazoo). I can't take any more pictures of the kids in front of rides, etc...

Does anyone have any ideas for a THEME of pictures this trip? Something to JAZZ up the trip/album? If I could come up with an example, I would use it... so I don't know if I am making myself clear or not. Basically, if anyone has any ideas of how this trip's pictures could be different from the other 3 trips, I WOULD LOVE to hear them! :p

Please help me, fellow scrappers!

PS... I use CM, and I have the new Disney Snap Pack waiting...

Thanks!

Gosh, that is a hard one! Maybe you go to places you haven't been like some of the restaurants and other themed hotels. Good Luck!

Tina

If your kids are little, you could do an Alphabet themed Disney Album.

A= Ariel, Aladdin, Animal Kingdom Park, Adventureland...
B= Belle, Boardwalk, Baloo, Brer Bear...
C= Cinderella, Castle, Cruella,

You get the picture.

I have gone mostly with adults. (I’m single) One year my girlfriend and I did a hats theme. My mother and I have done bathrooms but I don’t think that you would want to do this one with kids. Ok …OK you guys, the OUTSIDE signs that signify Women’s and Men’s. I know this might be a bit of work but…..we have also taken a small tablet and recorded random words during the day. Have your kids write them down later on safe paper. That way you have their handwriting at that particular time of their life. Thanks to this board, on the last vacation we took one tag per person per day. On the tags every evening we put the date and things like: The Good: (whatever) The Bad: (whatever) and The Ugly: (whatever). Hope this helps some and have fun! ! !

There was a discussion similar to this one a while back about different kinds of Disney scrapbooking themes. I remember one suggestion was the beautilful "nature" side of Disney, all of the topiaries, gardens, flowers etc... Another suggestion was "The Magic of Disney" theme capturing all of those wonderful things that make Disney what it is, i.e. light up sidewalks, etc...

Another idea is just the wonderul simple touches like Mickey on a Stick, Mickey shaped butter that comes on your pancakes, etc...

HTH!
Candi

I was thinking the same thing about our upcoming trip -- don't want to be scrapping the same pictures again. What I think I'm going to do is actually photograph the whole trip in B&W and then scrap it with brightly colored paper, maybe sei cardstock. :)

Originally posted by aurora19
If your kids are little, you could do an Alphabet themed Disney Album.

A= Ariel, Aladdin, Animal Kingdom Park, Adventureland...
B= Belle, Boardwalk, Baloo, Brer Bear...
C= Cinderella, Castle, Cruella,

You get the picture.

I LOVE this idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

If I was planning an alphabet theme, I would type up an idea sheet first. You know, things you might see? You could mark off the ones as you find them. That way you'll be sure to get each letter taken care of.

You might try a hidden Mickey album. That might be a fun project for the family.

What about a land scape theme? I think but could be wrong Splash 99 was going to do something like that. What time of year are you going? If it is at CHristmas/Easter time you could do all the decorations. Or flowers if it is near the flower show thing that they do. My mom was just there and took some really need pics!

Ok... here are two ideas.

1. Go back to your first trip, and make some copies of your favorite pics. Then do the same pics again this trip to show how you have changed. Then you can do before and after pics. I have seen this done on a few pics, but a book full might be really interesting.

2. If you haven't done autographs before, do an Autograph only album. I did one of those, PLUS a trip album for our trip last year. The autograph album turned out great. I took photos of each of the kids, and sometimes with us too each time we got an autograph. Then I cut all the autographs out of the book, mounted them and scrapped the pics along with it. It turned out cute.

BTW -- - I like the black and white photo idea too.

One time a friend photographed trash cans throughout WDW & then let us guess where the cans are :). Ok, maybe you had to be there :).

I like the bathroom idea :)!! Same idea ... guess where this is!

The alphabet idea is cute :).

First -- If you have the CM Disney snap pack (not just the stickers), the letters of the alphabet with topics are listed there, so you don't have to think it all up yourself.

Second -- One year I went on a short trip to WDW, and ended up with just ONE picture! It was a good photo, with us in it. On the first page, I used that picture, with a border of repeating images of just our faces, with a lot of journalling. Facing it, I put a whole page size copy of that picture. For the rest of the pages, I copied generic pictures I already had (rides, easily recognizable scenes, etc.) I made several copies of the new picture of us, and cut us out and superimposed us onto each photo. (No computer work here, just a copy machine.) So all the pictures are different, but we look the same in each one! Everyone laughs when they look at those pages, but maybe that's not what you are looking for! It would save you a lot of money on film, though...

Originally posted by DiznEeyore
I was thinking the same thing about our upcoming trip -- don't want to be scrapping the same pictures again. What I think I'm going to do is actually photograph the whole trip in B&W and then scrap it with brightly colored paper, maybe sei cardstock. :)

SEI just released a primary color collection....I think it is called Sporty. The colors are perfect for Disney pics. www.shopsei.com, the new stuff should be right on the first page.

I have the Disney CM snap pack so I will post the full alphabet suggestions tonite from home. (probably on a new thread so look for it!)

I go in December and I took photos of every Christmas tree I saw for our album - its a fun themed album.

I don't know about you guys but I could scrap WDW a thousand times and still come up with something different! There are so many possibilities, different themes or ideas :p

I will be taking different pictures for my upcoming trip than previous ones and I am also carrying my Olympus camera with black and white film in it, but I will also be taking some of my favourite pictures again to commemorate this trip.

How about only taking black and white photos on this trip? The pictures come out great of kids, the black and white really make you concentrate on the children's faces, expressions, etc.....And when you are scrapping them only use the "Mickey" colors....you know, black, red, and yellow??? Comes out kind of cool.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter