• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SB: first house buying experience.

chessie

DIS Veteran
One of my new to scrapping friends is about to embark on her first house buying experience. Other then some of the obvious like a picture of her Realtor and his card and the MLS print out ...Can you help me brainstorm on page ideas for her.

I told her to make sure she got some outside shots of her apartment building and surrounding area including a close-up shot of her building number and apartment number so she can do a from here to there page.

I also told her to keep a tally and maybe a few word description of each of the houses she tours to do a page that might say "We saw 57 houses before we found our Home"

chessie

I would take pictures of the rooms inside of the new house so she'll have a record of "before" and "after" as an add-on theme for the next scrapbook! Same with the yard.

Maybe have a line or two about her decorating ideas for each room and landscaping ideas (or suggest some --- funny or real) (with pictures from magazines and/or fabrics, and pictures of flowers and trees). It'll be fun to see what ideas she keeps and how her ideas transform.

If she has a porch or deck, have a line or two about sharing ice tea with her (pictures of lipton and a big bright sun) after cutting the grass ("call when it's done")or a game of volleyball or something. :) And a picture of a lawn mower... A picture of a grill and an invitation for a BBQ.

Maybe you could have a page called "Martha says, "It's a good thing to own a home." Include a phony phone number with her picture with a line that says... "Call me, I have some great ideas." And a picture of her lawn.

A "Key" page would be fun. And a page with websites and phone numbers for home decorating, landscaping, improvement using stickers, wallpaper samples, etc.

A "Heart" page would be nice too. Tell her how happy you are for her. Include pictures of times in the apt., and say something about the good times to come in her new home.

That's just some things that come to mind. :)

Hope it helps,
Annemarie

Wow! Those are some great ideas, Annemarie. :D

I can't think of a thing aftar that. :o

We bought a spec home that was in the frame stage and I took a ton of pictures of it. Then more when we did our walk-thru and continued when we did the landscaping. I also took our picture at closing. Unfortunately, DH got transferred and we sold the house.

Once the house is decided on, don't forget to include some photos of the neighborhood she'll be moving into. When she looks back on it in 10-20 years boy will she be surprised with the changes!

That is so true. I didn't take neighborhood pictures but my house was bran new and without landscaping the children looked like little ants playing in the yard and the house like a little doll house. When I compare pictures of now and then it hardly looks like the same house.

How about some photos of the houses she has considered.....all of them might be too much but maybe the top 5 contenders or something...leading to the one they ultimately choose. She could even include a brief "what I liked/didn't like" about each one.

And definitely some photos of their first night in the new house....the boxes still unpacked, etc.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter