SB: Brads????

crazyforpooh

<font color=FF6600>Proud American who loves her li
Please tell me what you know about using brads. I just bought a small package and I'm not sure. What do you all think.

I use them in place of eyelets. Some people find them easier to use than eyelets (and they certainly are quieter - better for late night scrapping)

Do you have a specific question?

Are they easy to use? Do you need to put something behind them you know where the I guess brad part is? Do you tend to rip your paper with them.

I am a newbie to brads.

Laura

I usually use my knife to make a small slit to push the legs through, that way I know exactly where they will end up, and they don't tear the paper.

i don't put anything behind them, but you have to be careful when you are putting the page in the page protector as it can sometimes catch on the opposite page, once it's in, then it's fine.

I use them LOADS, particularly for vellum. I mostly scrap at night, and setting eyelets is just not viable.

bev

it will be very helpful when I try to use these for the first time tonight.

Bevs97 - I also usually only scrapbook at night.

I just bought my first pack of brads too. As was mentioned, you can just use a knife to poke a hole in the paper. I like that you don't have to spend alot of money to use them, like you do the eyelets.

I was just thinking about brads today too... I've never used them before and I'm glad to hear that they're easy to use :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter