Saying hi to all as we just got back today!!!!

crabbie1

DIS Veteran
Well its all over and I am exhausted:cloud9: Had a fab holiday mostly highs but a few lows(nothing major).Had a room in oak manor POR which was nice.A bit tired so will check in later.Any questions please feel free to ask:grouphug:

Welcome home :thumbsup2
Whens the next trip :rotfl: or will you need time to get over this on:lmao:

Welcome home, hope to hear more once you have got some rest :)

Claire ;)

Thanks for checking in :thumbsup2 . Ahead of your trippie, please post your highs (and few lows ;) ) once you find your feet. :goodvibes

Welcome Home :) Sounds like you have a fantastic time

Well,We had a good flight out as flew in PE:thumbsup2 .Had loads of room great service etc.Flew out on Ladybird and were only 20 mins late on VS073 so had the games system which pleased DD4.My only grouch was that when the meal was served they had only one choice left out the 3 by the time they had got to me and DH in row 79 and 80 and I didn't like it so the only thing they had left was a childrens meal main course so I had that.With only a few seats upstairs I thought the food choice would of been better.Also our luggage was one of the last off the belt along with 2 guys from first class so I don't know where the "first off" bit went.Apparently during busy months I was told by VA it all goes off togeather it's only quieter times they can put it on seperate belts.
ME was great although it was an hour and a half from getting on the bus to getting off:rolleyes1 had 4 stops before ours.POR was a huge resort and was very pretty and peaceful.Beautiful landscaping and hotel half empty for some reason.Got the room we requested(high floor.oak manor,corner room).Great as a bus stop just behind us.Room was excellent and so was mousekeeping.Rearranged daughters toys everyday and left loads of towel animals.I didn't take notes of all we did so it is ust a quick put togeather of the things I can remember.First day was at MGM which we started with Playhouse disney breakfast which was great.There were only 15 of us in the resturant and as we were there at 09.00 we managed to do TOT twice and startours before we went to breakfast..I highly recommend booking the fantasmic dinner package especially if on the dining plan.We ate at mama melrose which is apparently closing for a re-vamp(don't know when was told by the waitres serving us).We went in about 30 mins before the show and had great seats on the 5th row back.It was rammmed and wouldn't od fancied queueing in that.I must say throughout our stay I was really dreading the crowds that everyone had mentioned on here when going this time of year.The first week of our holiday it was no worse then november when we normally go and our longest wait was 25 mins for snow whites scary adventures.I was so prepared for long queues and didn't have any.I spoke to one of the CM's at the hotel and he said that because of the free dining plan the hotel was going to be a lot busier during this period and they were expecting busy crowds then.So for all you folks going then expect it to be busy.(sorry :eek: )Next day was animal kingdom-every time we go here it rains and guess what it rained.We fast passed the safari and kali although the standbuy was only 35 mins but did rafikis planet watch in between and walked straight on when we had finished.Went to Ohanas in the evening which we love but my DH and I both had bad stomachs all evening along with DD-won't stop us returning though:scared1: I will check in tomorrow with some more.For all that are going soon the weather is hot hot hot and very hummmmmid-we had only a few showers-some days no rain at all but we did have 2 days where it rained most of the day but majority was hot(too hot for us in fact)

Hi Alyson
glad you had a great time!
It was nice to meet you and your family at the airport:goodvibes
did you manage to get PE on the way back?
we came back on ladybird on friday, when we landed early at manchester we had to wait for the steps to be brought over, apparently they knew we were arriving early and had the trucks busses etc waiting, but no steps??
half an hour later we got off the plane..
1 1/2 hours later we finally got our last suitcase off the carousel...so much for PE :mad:

The lack of meal choice wouldn't bother me much, although I do think they should make sure those travelling PE get the full choice - the price hike over Economy is not insignificant, after all. However, the bags coming off last would really rile me - that's one of the most important perks. I'm not convinced about the excuse they gave you, unless the problem was at the UK end (i.e. they didn't load UC and PE on separate pallets as they normally do). MCO is a really slick operation. Coming back the other way is another matter - the baggage handlers at the UK airports couldn't give a monkey's and we've often found that the bags all come off together.

We were considering using ME in January, but there's no way I'm sitting on a bus for an hour and a half after a transatlantic flight!

Pleased to hear it all went well from there :goodvibes .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter