Say it ain't so (about ASMo)

Minnie's Pal

<font color=blue>Wants to float above Castaway Cay
Do these room really get THAT much noise? I have a soon to be 2 yr old son (in fact, his birthday is the day we are leaving for WDW) and I don't want to have to worry about him having troubles going to sleep at night, with all the noise from everything. We are staying prefered, so from what I understand, that would be the Fant. blding. We don't plan on spending any more time at the room than we have to. We have requested (REQUESTED being the key word here) connecting rooms with the three other rooms we have booked for the rest our group. We don't want to lose any park time, so we probably won't even go swimming, unless its the day we arrive. Thus, we probably won't be back at the hotel till after the fireworks, or whatever show we choose at the parks, so it will be kinda late. How bad is the noise? Will we have any trouble? Some noise is ok, but I don't want to feel like someone is outside my door with a megaphone either. Any past experiences with these prefered rooms would be MUCH appreciated.

I don't know why the AS's always seem to get a bad rap noise wise. They get picked on for everything from the outside corridors to the turbo toilets. Let me try to assure you that in 4 stays at AS (2 Music, 2 Movies) we were never, ever bothered by noise.

Some may say where you are staying in Fantasia near the pool that you will get pool noise. We stayed at Calypso at Music next to the pool one year and we were never bothered or noticed any pool noise.

Have a great time!

I stayed in a "Preferred Building" at ASSp (#6, Surf's Up) before they started charging extra. We were not facing the pool and our room was very quiet. I assume that you booked a preferred room to be near the food court and bus. Perhaps you could add to your request that you do not want to face the pool.

I am a little confused about why you have a preferred view when you don't plan on spending a lot of time at the resort. The walk from the fathest outreach of ASMv is really not that far ... especially if you're only doing it twice a day :). I also wanted to throw in some, well ... unsolicited advice ;). My 2 year old DD has been to WDW 3 times since she turned 2. We almost always take a break back at the hotel. It keeps us all sane(er).

I've stayed at Music 2 times and Movies 3 times and have never been bothered by noise. I've read loads of posts on here slating the All Stars and I read them all with total bewilderment.
I have just returned from All Star Movies and we stayed in Dalmations room 1908. We could see the Fantasia pool from our window but once the room door was closed we never heard a thing.

Hope you have a great time.:)

I have stayed at the Calypso building and I did hear noise any worse then when I stayed at WL, BWI or the YC. hey and those turbo toilets are so bad, when I went to Ausstralia they also had turbo toilets in the hotel. Your kid is going to be so pooped by the time it is bed time I bet ya that nothing is gonna stop him from nodding right off. Have a great trip

We stayed in Fantasia in Feb...we were on 3rd floor pool view...I did not think noise was bad...there was a little...but it did not disturb our sleep or anything...

The reason why we chose prefered is b/c my Dad's health. The less walk for him, the better.

WE've stayed 3x, I think, and didn't experience much noise. However, those "turbo" toilets are quite annoying in the middle of the night. Can you take some type of "white" noise maker with you (Is that what they are called??) My DD has one of those aqua fish lights that makes a humming noise and blocks out other noise.

Ask for a room on the backside of the Fantasia building (it should be much quieter than the pool side).

From experience, your little one will be nearly comatose by the end of a long day in the parks. It has never been my DS (Now 6 yold) who has been bothered by noise, it's me.

The most noise we ever experienced, was when we had a connecting room, but didn't know the people next door. They had a little one that cried loudly every pm:( Sounds like you are going to know your neighbors, so it shouldn't be so bad.

Have a blast!:D

As you can see below, I've stayed at the All Stars many many times. Noise has never been a problem for us sleeping. Yes there is alot of noise outside the room, but when we go to bed, it has been a rare occassion to ever wake up. The only time I've ever been bothered by noise was while I was staying at Wilderness Lodge. Kids run up and down the hall and the noise echos. The worst noise problem I've ever encountered in over 30 trips. You do hear toliets flush and showers run, but you hear them at ALL of the resorts since the rooms back each other. No escaping it.

We've stayed at the All-Star Movies twice and we LOVE this hotel! In 2000, we were in the Love Bug section it was VERY quiet!! In 2001, we were in 101 Dalmations and again, it was VERY quiet - we never heard anything outside the room! The turbo toilets don't really bother me. I really didn't find the Movies any noisier than any of the other Disney hotels!

Enjoy your stay!!! Your 2 yr old will LOVE the area outside of Toy Story - my 5 yr old also LOVES the "TV" by the 101 Dalmations area. She always had to pretend she was on TV!

We have stayed at ASmo two times, and this November will be our 3rd. I must say that I have never heard any noise while staying at the ASmo. I also have never heard toliets flushing. The first year we stayed on the 1st floor Dalmation section. 2nd time in the Fantasia 3rd Floor. Maybe we just pass out once we are in our rooms. We also get back to the room late and leave early.

Over the 4th of July we went to Washington DC and stayed at the Rennassaince. Now that was a noisy hotel. People screaming drunk in the middle of the night in the hallways. Jackhammers at 7:40am. It was awful. If only it would have been as quiet as the Allstars.

Melanie

One of the reasons I won't stay at the AS is the noise levels. Turbo toilets going all night, cheerleaders practicing from 6:00am until midnight, kids running up and down the metal stairs cases at the ends of the buildings, AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Never again.

Anne

I have stayed in the Fantasia building in the All Star Movies. We
stayed on the backside of the building. It was nice because the
building was close to everything, but away from any noise. We
were not bothered in the least!! Don't worry, I think the All Star
resorts really get a bad rap, you will truly enjoy yourself there!!

You know I think it's just the luck of the draw, sometimes you might get a rowdy neighbor or some kids that are unsupervised nearby (worst night I ever spent in a hotel was a Marriott with this going on) but I've stayed at ASMo twice and wasn't bothered by noise. Both times on the second floor, once in Toy Story and once in Dalmatians.

Have a good time.

Our first night at Sports I swore I would never stay in the All Stars again because of the noise. We had to get up at 4:00am to catch a 6:30am flight. We were all very tired and went to bed early. We heard constant noise from outside, and the door next to ours was propped open with the door latch, with kids going in and out. Because of this we heard the door bang against the latch constantly, which was very annoying.

Once we got a good night sleep, we all felt better, and the noise didn't seem to be as big of deal any of the other nights.

One thing to remember at the All Stars is that because of the size of the rooms, one of the beds is VERY close to the door. In fact I could reach the door to make sure it was locked without getting out of bed. Being this close to the door will of course be noisier. If you have a sound sleeper, the bed next to the door may be the better bet for them, to get those in the other bed a little further from the door.

Also, don't underestimate the power of the air conditioning noise. We set it cold on purpose just to get the noise from the unit to block out the outside noise until the kids fell asleep. Once they were asleep we turned it back.

We were also a little suprised by our room location. It was on the 3rd floor and faced a wooded area. We thought it would be nice and quiet but didn't realize that there was a trash pick up area on the other side of the trees so we heard the truck back up warning beeps every morning at 5:00.

What noise? My kids and husband never complained about it and we have been at the All Stars 3 x so far. For myself. I can't hear a thing unless you are blasting it in my ear. Deafness has it's advantages.

We have sayed at ASMO 4 X and I am a very light sleeper. We have never been bothered by any noise at all, in fact I think the resort is built surprisingly well. You may want to consider a parking lot view if you are really worried, and a top floor room. We always ask for a top floor room, although one time we did get a second floor room without any problems. IMHO you might tend to hear more noise on a first floor room with people walking by. As others have said, it really is the luck of the draw, it depends on who's beside you. My sister stayed at the Poly on her last visit and had to move because of all her noisy neighbors. It can happen anywhere.

Good Luck and Have a Wonderful Trip!!!

n2mm, we encountered the same thing at WL, and that is why we probably won't go back there. I wonder if AKL is the same.

As for ASMo, I would recommend requesting the backside of the Fantasia building, so those who want the pool view will have that opportunity, since you won't be in the room enough to appreciate it...also, it will cut down on noise.

I think that as long as you don't have crying children in adjoining rooms, or kids running up and down the corridors, you will be fine. Those toilets can be a problem almost anywhere!

At any resort, I request the top floor, due to potential noise issues. I have also started asking fo rthe backside.
The three WDW resorts we have stayed, ASMo included, have all been very quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter