• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Say Good Bye to Maelstrom....A 'Frozen' Ride is Definite

iheartglaciers said:
I thought the Anna and Elsa meet and greet was open before the rest of world showcase when they were still in Norway.

It was not open you could only line up. By 11am when the actual meeting starts the line already was up to 3pm or 4pm entries.

I thought the Anna and Elsa meet and greet was open before the rest of world showcase when they were still in Norway.

It was...but talking to a couple of the ops managers there back in February...it was a disaster.

They had a mob descend on Norway at 11...like running from the rope with grandma getting run over (true stories)...

So they said "alright...well let you line up at 8...so we can dictate crowd flow" At think at that point they just moved the line back and created a GREATER sprint.

So then they canned the meet and greet and plugged them into magic kingdom.

EPCOT "couldn't handle it"

Now, demand will fall over time...probably has greatly already...but this is not a wise logistical approach.

I also think we're being silly to think they are spilling into the pad next to Mexico...

First, they don't want to draw attention to the EXISTENCE of the pads...phase III
Second, they aren't gonna build a new structure for this...only modify the existings. This is a "low outlay" project from the shape, color, texture, and smell of this thing at this point.

I went back and checked some of the rumors...if I were to believe the buzz back in January...it was reported that they had a 3 proposals...high, medium, and low tech using some of the technologies successfully implemented in china and Japan.
This is the "low"...maybe "very low"...based on current speculation.

They should put a muzzle on OLC and Tokyo DL for now...
Cause this will be embarassing.

Of course, wdw customers would have to READ instead of frantically searching for their visa.

You're safe, team Disney. ;)

It was not open you could only line up. By 11am when the actual meeting starts the line already was up to 3pm or 4pm entries.

I'm thinking that changed part way into their engagement there. I'm thinking they actually started meeting at 9.

lockedoutlogic said:
It was...but talking to a couple of the ops managers there back in February...it was a disaster.

They had a mob descend on Norway at 11...like running from the rope with grandma getting run over (true stories)...

So they said "alright...well let you line up at 8...so we can dictate crowd flow" At think at that point they just moved the line back and created a GREATER sprint.

So then they canned the meet and greet and plugged them into magic kingdom.

EPCOT "couldn't handle it"

Now, demand will fall over time...probably has greatly already...but this is not a wise logistical approach.

I also think we're being silly to think they are spilling into the pad next to Mexico...

First, they don't want to draw attention to the EXISTENCE of the pads...phase III
Second, they aren't gonna build a new structure for this...only modify the existings. This is a "low outlay" project from the shape, color, texture, and smell of this thing at this point.

I went back and checked some of the rumors...if I were to believe the buzz back in January...it was reported that they had a 3 proposals...high, medium, and low tech using some of the technologies successfully implemented in china and Japan.
This is the "low"...maybe "very low"...based on current speculation.

They should put a muzzle on OLC and Tokyo DL for now...
Cause this will be embarassing.

Of course, wdw customers would have to READ instead of frantically searching for their visa.

You're safe, team Disney. ;)

Coming from someone who worked the crowd control in the morning at Epcot it honestly wasn't that bad. It was only moved because the area couldn't support fastpasses and with 4+ hour waits people were complaining that there was no fp.

Hopefully the craziness will die down by the time this opens. They could also keep both the MK and new Epcot M&G locations open until demand lowers.

I was in MK last week and saw a wait time as low as 35 minutes midday. Of course it's low crowd season, but still, wait times are definitely trending down.

Coming from someone who worked the crowd control in the mooring at Epcot it honestly wasn't that bad. It was only moved because the area couldn't support fastpasses and with 4+ hour waits people wete complaining that there was no fp.

I believe you...

I only have second hand stories and a couple of my visits to base it off of...

I thought it was a jumble/mess when I saw it.
But that's colored by complete lack of comprehension of the "4 hour meet and greet" line

Does anyone have links to the rumors of the Frozen attraction in Tokyo Disney? I'm curious to read more about it.

lockedoutlogic said:
I believe you...

I only have second hand stories and a couple of my visits to base it off of...

I thought it was a jumble/mess when I saw it.
But that's colored by complete lack of comprehension of the "4 hour meet and greet" line

It originally was the never ending switch backs but then that couldn't hold the crowds so they agreed a second line that basically took over the smoking area between Norway and China. Problem was people would come up to the first half of the live to have to be told there was another half and sometimes there were issues with getting in and out of the shops.

There will need to be some work done but I'm hopeful the imaginering team and industrial survey team play nice on this one for the sake of flow.

Now I do hope this oat the slow death of my CM home Agent P. With Norway portion of the game probably being shut down I don't see them getting the numbers they need to stay open.

lockedoutlogic said:
Really?

I was Hoping they would poopcan the whole thing as shortsighted and distasteful...

I don't see that happening so I am more hopeful that it at least is done to the best of their ability onstead of rushed and a cluster mess.

Definitely mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, I understand the need to add Frozen into the parks (hey strike while the iron is hot), but I think they would've been better served by doing a Frozen-themed attraction in HS. I'm glad I got a chance to ride Maelstrom when I visited last fall; but at the same time, I felt the ride was too short and the film at the end was very outdated. My hope was for Maelstrom getting a significant upgrade (i.e. Star Tours) but alas that doesn't seem like its in the cards and I'm wondering whether the whole Norway pavilion will be tailored after Frozen. Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Definitely mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, I understand the need to add Frozen into the parks (hey strike while the iron is hot), but I think they would've been better served by doing a Frozen-themed attraction in HS. I'm glad I got a chance to ride Maelstrom when I visited last fall; but at the same time, I felt the ride was too short and the film at the end was very outdated. My hope was for Maelstrom getting a significant upgrade (i.e. Star Tours) but alas that doesn't seem like its in the cards and I'm wondering whether the whole Norway pavilion will be tailored after Frozen. Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I doubt they will completely get rid of Norway. I think they like the connection between Frozen and Norway... and not just at Epcot, for example the Norway cruises on DCL are also pushing the Frozen connection. I know a lot of people don't 'feel' the connection, but I do. The combination of Norway and Frozen makes sense to me. But I am one of those that would welcome more fantasy to Epcot. Being in the least "fantasy' driven park allows Frozen to have a bigger presence or emphasis than if it was added to MK where the impact would be more dilute. I also think while Frozen-mania will be strong for some time, I doubt they would risk making the entire pavilion Arrendale. Keeping it as Norway is safer and allows still allows the exploitation of Frozen. This movie will have legs for awhile.... remember they are also putting it to Broadway.

Maybe they will use Maelstrom boat ride as the transport between Norway and Arendelle. Then converting the vacant plot of land into the frozen section-- only accessible by boat or by the themed walking path that you still have to wait in line for (or have a fpp). The meet and greet could be a second line with in the new section, creating a FPPP. Then there could be a special trans continental breakfast within for an additional fee, with a chance to win a magical private dinner with Olaf if you buy the lottery ticket.

Ok I started out with serious intentions, and it grew from there.

Not that any of this is out of the question...

Maybe they will use Maelstrom boat ride as the transport between Norway and Arendelle. Then converting the vacant plot of land into the frozen section-- only accessible by boat or by the themed walking path that you still have to wait in line for (or have a fpp). The meet and greet could be a second line with in the new section, creating a FPPP. Then there could be a special trans continental breakfast within for an additional fee, with a chance to win a magical private dinner with Olaf if you buy the lottery ticket.

Ok I started out with serious intentions, and it grew from there.

Not that any of this is out of the question...

Woah there, crazy boy

There's nobody in Orlando that could pull anything close to that off in 18 months...

At least in lake buena vista ;)

They'll just extend the line past to Norway at park open...

The backdoor hotels already have access
To Canada and UK (or perhaps "England and friends" after Thursday") in the morning...just as an empty walkthrough.

I hear if Scotland secedes Disney is going to scrap all the countries in the UK pavilion EXCEPT Scotland and rename the whole thing Merida's Royal Mile. ;)

That's an ironic twist to the story but it works. You can definitely change your fat with cake, I've seen it happen.

BgT_zmAIUAAVOqU.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter