'Say Cheese' Sept Photopass share (full)

mickeymaker2003

DIS Veteran
This thread is a break-off of the end of Aug/Sept Photoshare thread.

mickeymaker2003 9/11 - 9/20 (paid) - upload on 9/21
connie1042 9/22 -9/27 (paid) - upload on 9/30
MelaBella 9/10 -9/21 (paid) - upload on 9/25
WVUFan 9/5 - 9/13 (paid) - upload on 9/22
KarlaG4Kids 9/20-9/27 (paid) - upload on 9/29
lwartberg 9/20 - 9/27 (paid) - upload on 10/1
Mel921 9/11 - 9/15 (paid) - upload on 9/24
WeDisney4 9/13 -9/20 (confirmed) - upload on 9/23

If you aren't confirmed and are on this list, please contact me to confirm or let us know if you have other plans. This group is full and not accepting any more members. I am borrowing the following instructions/info from ssmith010 (thanks) and modifying it as needed.

I have already pre-purchased the PhotoPass and created an account for our group.

Based on feedback listed in this post it appears that multilple people can be logged into the account at one time. Members will be able to edit his / her pictures from his / her upload day to Oct. 15th.

Above is a summary of your upload day. I assigned each person a specific day so our photos stay in order even after you edit or copy them. The edits and copies slide in next to the original.

The evening before your upload day I will email you the user id and password, you will enter your photopass ids, then edit away. I assigned upload days as close together as possible (so early vacationers will need to wait a little while before they upload), while still giving everyone at least two days after their vacation to settle back in and unpack. I will upload first so I know what I am doing to help anyone who needs help later. Once the first upload happens, we have 30 days to get all the editing done and order the disk, otherwise we might start to lose pictures. I will plan to order at 25 days to make sure we don't lose any pics.

*Remember we only have 30 days to claim the group photos from the date the first picture is taken. If you use your designated day to upload your pictures, it won't be a problem. The first picture will be taken on 9/5.

All members must be done editing pictures by 10/15. The sooner we get done editing the sooner we will get our pictures. On 10/15 I will ask for confirmation that everyone is done, if I don't heard otherwise I will place the order on Oct 16, 2008. If you finish editing earlier, please let us know. If everyone finishes early, I will order the CD sooner and we'll have our pics sooner.

Does this work for everyone?

Let me know if you have other questions or concerns.

Here is how a photopass share works:

First thing, the photo share host decides on the travel dates and the amount of people that can participate. The cost is determined by adding up the pre-order cost of the CD (100.00) and the agreed upon per person cost for mailers, postage, media and case. This cost is then divided and payment is made by each person with the agreed upon method.

Now for the fun part....
1) Get a photopass card from a photopass photographer when they take your pictures in the parks. Have fun and have lots of photopass photographers take your picture. Each photographer will scan your photopass card to add photos to your photopass card id number. Please use the same photopass card as much as possible to reduce how many cards we need to add.

2) When you get home, DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR PICTURES rather than create your own Photopass account on the Disney Photopass website, the host will send you the account information and password on you upload / edit day.

PLEASE ONLY UPLOAD ON YOUR DAY so the photos stay in order even after you edit them or copy them. The edits and copies slide in next to the original.

3) Edit your pictures before the CD is ordered. Have all editing finished by Oct. 15th.

4) When everyone is done editing, I, the host will order the CD(s). Everyone's pictures will be on this CD. I will make copies for all other people in the group and mail them their copies. You can then take this CD to any photo place and get your photos developed as you wish because Disney sends a copyright release with the CD. You will only receive your pictures on your cd, I will not be copying the entire CD for everyone.

5) There is no limit to how many pictures you can take. If we have enough pictures to fill more than one CD, Disney will send as many additional CD's as it takes at no extra charge.

IMPORTANT: From the time the first photo is taken on a photopass card you must claim that photo on the Disney photopass website within 30 days. So everybody needs to get their photopass IDs added to the account on their upload day to ensure that no one loses their pictures and they stay in order for me to split them back up.

Here is an example of another groups share pricing based on $100.00 for the CD and $5.00 for media/mailers/postage.

5 People in our group: $25.00 per person (share of pre-order plus $5 for copying/mailing costs)
6 People in our group: $21.66 per person (share of pre-order plus $5 for copying/mailing costs)
7 People in our group: $19.29 per person (share of pre-order plus $5 for copying/mailing costs)
8 People in our group: $17.50 per person (share of pre-order plus $5 for copying/mailing costs)
9 People in our group: $16.11 per person (share of pre-order plus $5 for copying/mailing costs)

Reminder - here is what you will get

-High-resolution .jpg files of all Disney's PhotoPass photos in your account (photos from multiple accounts cannot be combined onto one CD). Each file is 300 dpi and ideal for creating great looking prints.

-All original images plus copies of any you have edited, including those with added borders and character signatures.

-Copyright release so you can print the images in the sizes and formats you want (for personal use only)

Edit:
I see there is a longer thread.
I'm brand new to this; if I want to join a group, do I have to read through there?
(I'll go do that now).
But if this group is taking members, I am interested 13-20

I'm interested in joining a photopass share -- this sounds like a great idea!
Our dates are Sept 2-10.:banana:

I just responded to everyone who asked to join and changed the thread title to closed to new members. I think 8 is as many as I can handle in one group since I plan to sort all the pictures and give each person their own pictures instead of having everyone else's pictures too. If you are on my list and not confirmed, please contact me. Those who are confirmed don't need to do anything else at this time. Once we get final numbers, I'll let everyone know their share of the cost (with 5 confirmed, we are at $25 per person (including materials and postage). The cost will go down if more confirm (8 people would be $17.50 each). I'm will pre-order our CD today.

Thanks!

Thanks Mickeymaker2003 for all of your work. This is a great opportunity to get pictures for a fantastic price. We will be taking our 2 4 yr old granddaughters for their very first WDW trip and I can't wait to take lots of pictures with them. They are little hams so it should be perfect!!!

Our CD is ordered and now we just have to wait for Sept.... I still need to hear from a few people (hopefully they will be on sometime this week to confirm their particpation).

I just added tons of information to the first post. If anyone has any questions/comments/corrections, please let me know. This is my first go at a photoshare, so all feedback is welcome!

I'm going to give our last unconfirmed member another week to contact us and then send everyone their share of the bill for our CD. We have 8 confirmed members at this time, so it $17.50 per person at this point. That looks a lot better to me than $100 :cool1:

Yea Baby...you are SOOOO right. I'm thrilled to be paying $17.50. Now if I can just get those 2 little princesses to smile at the camera and my DH not to make stupid faces (he is well known for acting kind of goofy). Thanks for everything! :flower3:

A member of our group has changed their travel plans, so we now have one opening in our photoshare group. The fee is $17.50 to participate ($12.50 for the CD and $5.00 for copying and mailing). If you are traveling in mid Sept and would like to join, please post here.

:goodvibes Please count us in, we will be there 9/13 -9/20.

I will not be able to check email until this evening at which time I can send Paypal payment. I'm including all this as we were passed up by a group because I didn't check email fast enough.

Updated list with new info. Also reminding everyone not to create their own photopass account--I already made the account and will send the info to those who are participating when the time is closer. If you make your own account, you will not be able to get your pictures on our CD (and will either lose them or have to buy your own CD).

Has everyone paid at this time? I want to make sure you aren't loosing out here. Can't wait...our vacation is getting so close. I'm hoping no more tropical storms (or the bad "H" word) will wander into Florida in the next few weeks.

I am still waiting for contact from one person and payment from another. I sent reminder emails today. If they decide not to participate, I'm not going to replace them. I am traveling with my mom and cousin, so they can pay part of it if we have fewer participants.

Here's hoping for a dry(ish) trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter