SawGrass Mills

florida-again

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>According to th
Could anybody tell me how to get from orlando to sawgrass mills shopping mall? Without a car I must add!

I seriously don't think you can do it without a car. We used to shop there a lot when we lived in Miami, you're looking at several hours away, and Sawgrass Mills is out in Plantation, I think, not the type of neighborhood anywhere near a bus station.

It's about a 3.5-4 hour drive, I believe, with traffic.

Having recently been to Sawgrass Mills, I think that the Premium Outlets should suffice, plus the other shopping areas in Orlando. Having said that, I'll admit that I am not a huge shopper - I stopped at the Disney Outlet, bought some shoes and a handbag, and was pretty much done........

Depends on your shopping mania level, I suppose!

:)

bavaria said:
It's about a 3.5-4 hour drive, I believe, with traffic.

Having recently been to Sawgrass Mills, I think that the Premium Outlets should suffice, plus the other shopping areas in Orlando. Having said that, I'll admit that I am not a huge shopper - I stopped at the Disney Outlet, bought some shoes and a handbag, and was pretty much done........

Depends on your shopping mania level, I suppose!

:)
Only a non shopper you would say that Sawgrass & Premium are comparable, but there is no comparison when you are a shopper (as I am). Sawgrass is like a mini town compared to the Premium Outlets. Even adding the Beltz Outlets to it still isn't as big as the Sawgrass. Maybe adding all of the shopping in Orlando (all of the Belz Outlets & Annex's), the Premium & throw in the Fl Mall or Mall of the Milennia & you may get the size of Sawgrass. The last time I went, I didn't even have enough time to do the entire mall :sad1: As I said before, I am a true "shop-a-holic" (you know the one that goes out at 4am the day after Thanksgiving & dosen't return home until midnight...without stopping for a sit down meal :crazy: )

Now back to OP's question, without a car, you really cannot get there. One way to try would be to take a greyhound bus to Ft Lauderdale, then maybe a taxi. What ever money you save at the outlets still wouldn't be enough to cover the cost to get there. You could even end up having to stay over night at a hotel there. It is really too hard to do in one day from Orlando even with a car.

florida-again said:
Could anybody tell me how to get from orlando to sawgrass mills shopping mall? Without a car I must add!

Southwest Airlines. They offer $88 round-trips on MCO-FLL, so you can do a day trip. At the airport you can catch the public bus. Public bus service in Miami/Lauderdale is extensive, even in the suburbs.

The one thing that sucks is that while the schedules make it perfect to fly up to Disney for the day (take the 610AM to Orlando and the 920PM home), the last flight leaving Fort Lauderdale for Orlando is at 640PM.

If you plan to do some serious shopping, then the savings will more than make up for the airfare. Though, be warned, this mall takes two days to shop, and that is no exageration. It is the 8th largest mall in the world, and it is the largest mall in the world in terms of retail square footage (in other words, get rid of all the corridors, theme parks, fountains, etc. and just count the rentable retail space).

If you really want to go, make it a two day trip, coming into the Miami area during the morning, and leave back to Orlando the next afternoon.

Though have fun in Orlando, and visit Sawgrass during your Miami vacation.

A Mickeyfan said:
Only a non shopper you would say that Sawgrass & Premium are comparable, but there is no comparison when you are a shopper (as I am). Sawgrass is like a mini town compared to the Premium Outlets. Even adding the Beltz Outlets to it still isn't as big as the Sawgrass. Maybe adding all of the shopping in Orlando (all of the Belz Outlets & Annex's), the Premium & throw in the Fl Mall or Mall of the Milennia & you may get the size of Sawgrass. The last time I went, I didn't even have enough time to do the entire mall :sad1: As I said before, I am a true "shop-a-holic" (you know the one that goes out at 4am the day after Thanksgiving & dosen't return home until midnight...without stopping for a sit down meal :crazy: )

Now back to OP's question, without a car, you really cannot get there. One way to try would be to take a greyhound bus to Ft Lauderdale, then maybe a taxi. What ever money you save at the outlets still wouldn't be enough to cover the cost to get there. You could even end up having to stay over night at a hotel there. It is really too hard to do in one day from Orlando even with a car.

I sat in the car for the last 30 minutes waiting for my coworkers! :rolleyes1

Guess I truly am a non-shopper!!!

Oh well, maybe we'll have to rethink. I've been before but my boyfriend hasn't, he would love that place, he's a real shopaholic!

bavaria said:
I sat in the car for the last 30 minutes waiting for my coworkers! :rolleyes1

Guess I truly am a non-shopper!!!
I think I have a sickness with shopping :rotfl: at least my family tells me I do. The only other sickness they tell me I have is Disney ;)
I even love to shop in all the stores in the theme parks.... I could never wait 30 minutes for someone to come out of a mall. They would have to be having me paged to meet up with them :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter