Saw the Magic from the Wonder

avgeek

Earning My Ears
Just got back yesterday from a Land/Sea jaunt. Saturday night I happen to wander out onto my verandah at about 11pm when to my surprise I saw the Magic heading the opposite direction. It was all lit up and looked amazing.
-D

I did but I'm not sure how it came out. It was dark and my digital camera doesn't do low light very well. Woulda given anything for my old SLR and a tripod. It was begging for a time exposure.
-D

Originally posted by avgeek
Just got back yesterday from a Land/Sea jaunt. Saturday night I happen to wander out onto my verandah at about 11pm when to my surprise I saw the Magic heading the opposite direction. It was all lit up and looked amazing.
-D

Cool, isn't it??! We saw the Wonder from the Magic!! :)

That must have beeen really cool to see. Check your photos, and if at all possible, could you please share the photo with all of us?

We cruised on the RCCL Sovereign of the Seas last October and the Disney's Wonder was in Port Canaveral at the time we boarded. I took two rolls of film of the Wonder, wishing we were on it instead of RCCL. In just 2 days we WILL be on the Wonder!! Yipeeee!!!! Perhaps I'll take a few pictures of the RCCL ships in port (but probably NOT!!!)

-D

That is so cool! You should have run down to our room and borrowed my 35mm!!! Or at least let me know it was sailing by! ;)

Avgeek and his wife were our tablemates on last week's cruise. We had never met before the cruise, but discovered on the first night that we both had been posting on the DIS boards. It was at our final dinner that he told me his screen name and I told him mine and we realized that we both "sort of" knew each other. Avgeek and his wife were fantastic tablemates! We had a blast!

Wow!! That must have been so cool to see. We saw a Carnival ship (I can't remember which one) when we cruised last month but never the Wonder. :)

EmmasGrammy, when we hit Nassau we shared port with boats from Carnival, Norwegian Cruise, Holland America, and one other I'd never heard of. They may have had bigger boats, but we had the coolest.

Minnie&Mickey, it was indeed a wonderfully serendipitous event to find out that we'd known each other before the trip. Amy and I had a blast eating with you and your family, and we even cancelled our Palos reservations because you folks were a lot more fun. We wish you and yours the best, and please keep in touch. I wish I would have had your camera since my digital photo turned out a bit fuzzy.

I have the picture and I've goofed with the contrast to try and make something out. Now if someone can tell me how to share photos on this thing, I"ll be glad to post it. I hit the IMG button, but I've no idea how to do a script.

-Danny

Hi, guys! I was on that Holland America ship parked right beside you in Nassau on Friday (the Zuiderdam).

We had the Carnival Destiny, Holland America Zuiderdam, Disney Magic, Norwegian Dawn (that's one BRIGHT ship!), and then the little one was the financially troubled Imperial Majesty. Oh, and there was a private yacht called Tatoosh parked with us, too.

The Wonder was the very first ship I sailed on. Friday morning, as we pulled into Nassau and saw her already docked there, I was so EXCITED! I took tons of photos of the Wonder from the Zuiderdam- it gave me a bit of a different perspective. :)

It sounds like you had a great time over on the Mickey Boat!

Amy and I had a blast eating with you and your family, and we even cancelled our Palos reservations because you folks were a lot more fun.

That is so sweet of you! We just loved dining with you too. I was showing my mother my 400+ digital pictures last night (Yikes! and I still have over 150 35mm pictures to be developed ) and told her how you guys were so much fun to eat with. She said that you guys looked like you were "just made for each other." I definitely agree, you guys make a great couple!

We wish you and yours the best, and please keep in touch.

We wish you the best too. We definitely will keep in touch...I'm hoping to hear some exciting "news" from you in the near future...if you know what I mean. ;)

By the way, for anyone out there that is concerned about getting seasick, I've found the remedy. The first night onboard, the ship was kind of rocking. We went to dinner and I was really worried that I would get sick. We sat down and introduced ourselves to Danny and Amy, and immediately started talking, and talking, and talking. In no time I didn't even feel the ship rocking at all. So the solution to that quesy feeling is to have a great time with another couple at dinner and talk, and talk, and talk! Worked like a charm for me! ;)

Originally posted by KathyTX
Hi, guys! I was on that Holland America ship parked right beside you in Nassau on Friday (the Zuiderdam).

We had the Carnival Destiny, Holland America Zuiderdam, Disney Magic, Norwegian Dawn (that's one BRIGHT ship!), and then the little one was the financially troubled Imperial Majesty. Oh, and there was a private yacht called Tatoosh parked with us, too.

The Wonder was the very first ship I sailed on. Friday morning, as we pulled into Nassau and saw her already docked there, I was so EXCITED! I took tons of photos of the Wonder from the Zuiderdam- it gave me a bit of a different perspective. :)

It sounds like you had a great time over on the Mickey Boat!

KathyTx, I'd forgotten about the Tatoosh. Talk about a nice boat. I also coulda sworn the Carnival Fantasy popped in not too long before we left. Talk about a small world with you being on the Zuiderdam. That was one cool looking ship. The artwork on the Norwegian Dawn was different. I guess abstract would be a good word to use for it.

What's the story on Imperial Majesty? Wasn't sure what to make of the boat.

-D

Originally posted by Minnie&Mickey

By the way, for anyone out there that is concerned about getting seasick, I've found the remedy. The first night onboard, the ship was kind of rocking. We went to dinner and I was really worried that I would get sick. We sat down and introduced ourselves to Danny and Amy, and immediately started talking, and talking, and talking. In no time I didn't even feel the ship rocking at all. So the solution to that quesy feeling is to have a great time with another couple at dinner and talk, and talk, and talk! Worked like a charm for me! ;)

Holly, you are too kind. I was wondering of that storm that followed us out of PC was gonna cause a ruckus with the boat. Dinner did seem to go almost too fast each night with the wonderful conversation.

-D

Whoops- probably was the Fantasy instead of Destiny. I'll have to check my photos. All those Carnival ships look alike! :crazy:

The Imperial Majesty ship (actually named the Regal Empress) we saw has quite an interesting little history...

She's 50 years old, and is used only for 2 day cruises to Nassau now. Here's a link to a bit of her history, and lots of photos:
http://www.maritimematters.com/regalempress1.html

She's had a number of owners in that time, and was stranded awhile back when her owner went bankrupt... here's an account of her "arrest": http://www.frommers.com/activities/single/article.cfm?destid=SINGLE&articleid=1065

Oh, and there was a private yacht called Tatoosh parked with us, too.
The Tatoosh was parked next to us a few years ago in St. Maarten. That boat sure was loaded with "toys" - sail boat, hobbie craft, helocopter, jet skis, etc. I understand she's owned by the guy that owns McCaw Communication in the Seattle, WA area.

Checked the pix- of course avgeek was right about the Carnival ship. It was the Fantasy.

Here's what the Wonder looked like as we approached- a very stately lady:
f8411b42.jpg

Mickey got a fresh coat while you were docked:
f8411c29.jpg

What IS all of that bright stuff on the back of the Norwegian Dawn?
f8411eac.jpg

The Wonder, Norwegian Dawn, and a bit of the Regal Empress peeking out...
f8411dd5.jpg

Just now figured out how to insert a picture. Here's my picture (and it's dark) of the Magic.

cadd.jpg

If anyone wants an unaltered copy to try and play with, holler.
-D

great pictures!!
as for amazing yachts...
i live on the mediterranean where we get to see THE most amazing yachts coming by....
the guy who used to own the company i work for (then he took it public and became a billionnaire and retired) lives on his HUGE yacht and sails the world.....kind of unbelievable really....i wonder if it gets boring...

Danny, I can't get it to show up. I keep getting "Page cannot be displayed." Is it just me? I would love to see that picture!

Minnie&Mickey ~ No, it's not just you. I'm getting the same thing when I click on the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter