Saw Something Disgusting at Epcot This Week...

I have been thinking about this thread all day! I still don't think even someone from another country could be so delusional they would think jumping the fences to urinate in the bushes was proper. He must have had too many trips "drinking around the world" or something. Whatever, it was still indecent exposure and he should have been arrested or, at the least, removed from a park full of children.

Sharon

on my last trip to disney encounted lines at the bathroom let me say i just went into the family room so thats the answer if long lines agree?but i don't have kids family room is for everyone correct?

jpeppers said:
Disney is for the kids and I cannot believe someone would ever be rude enough to step in front of a child. I am in the most incredibly good moods when I am at Disney but these people almost put me over the edge. I love to go on the rides but I would gladly step aside for any child there.

This comment made me think of something that happened to us...We were at AK last week. We got a spot for the parade early. We had two strollers pushed up to the front at the rope, and one 9 year old sitting on the ground between the strollers. The adults (4 of us) all were standing back behind the stroller line, actually more than that. Both folks on either side of us were set up the same way. This way, all the adults were back behind a bit so the kids up front could see.

A woman in a big straw hat, a young woman at that, marched right up to the rope, and stood for the whole parade. We 'hinted' somewhat nicely asking if she could stand back a bit so the kids could see the parade coming. From the positions they were sitting, and where she was standing, none of them could see the parade until it was *directly* in front of them. None of the adults could take pictures until the parade was almost by. We then asked her DH/DB if he could ask her to step back or sit so that the kids could see. He tapped her on the shoulder, and her response was something like, "I'm not moving, and you should come up here too." He told her she was blocking the kids, and she replied along the lines of I don't care, I'm here to see the parade too. People around were astonished. It was insanely rude. I'm sure she had a great view of the parade, as she was the only one standing in a long line of kids sitting!

She's, or her hat, is in almost all my pictures. I almost asked for her address so I could send her herself with the parade as a backdrop! :)

We saw quite a bit of rudeness, but not so much vulgar....

lovemickeyshouse said:
on my last trip to disney encounted lines at the bathroom let me say i just went into the family room so thats the answer if long lines agree?but i don't have kids family room is for everyone correct?
WDW does not have family restrooms. period. WDW does, however, have companion restrooms. These are for the disabled who need help, such as a wife who has her husband help her use the washroom. In life , we all experience lineups. Usually, we schedule regular bathroom breaks, so dire emergencies don't happen. The disabled usually need the larger washroom to accomodate a wheelchair, or if one had a hidden disability, such as crohns disease, this person may need a washbasin in the room with them. I'm not looking for an argument here, but check it out. There are no family washrooms on Disney property.

ok thats what i meant companion so i figured it was for a hubby and wife with kids and when you gotta go you need a place asap sorry if you disagree

The whole horror over foreigners coming to America and urinating in public amuses me. I've lived my whole life in New Orleans. We have visitors aplenty that feel it's perfectly okay to drop trou wherever they feel the need. Exposure of one's privates also appears to be the norm. Believe me, it's not the New Orleans natives doing this. It's the tourists. And I would esitmate roughly 90% of these offenders are Americans, not foreigners.

I guess since it's not WDW, it's acceptable. :rolleyes:

planning06 said:
The whole horror over foreigners coming to America and urinating in public amuses me. I've lived my whole life in New Orleans. We have visitors aplenty that feel it's perfectly okay to drop trou wherever they feel the need. Exposure of one's privates also appears to be the norm. Believe me, it's not the New Orleans natives doing this. It's the tourists. And I would esitmate roughly 90% of these offenders are Americans, not foreigners.

I guess since it's not WDW, it's acceptable. :rolleyes:

And baring breasts, copulating in public, wearing lewd costumes for Marti Gras.... Ah New Orleans... maybe with its recent baptism by water it will clean up a bit. I'll take New Orleans Square at Disneyland any day over the "real deal." I can do without the garbage, pick-pockets, muggers and rats.

Slightly off topic, but. . . .We live on a golf course, on a fairway with houses down one side and woods down the other. I can't tell you how many men I have seen pee across from my house. I understand, golf takes a long time, and sometimes lots of beer is consumed, but still. There are several real bathrooms along the way, and I live on #17!! There is only one hole to go before you are back at the clubhouse. And I dare say the offenders are 99.9% American.

We also have a koi pond and we are pretty sure it has been peed in and had a beer poured in there, (they threw in the can as well) killing our fish both times.

And this is at a country club. People, cultured, educated, and/or affluent or not, are just rude.

Consequently, our house is listed for sale as we are building a new one away from all the rude golfers. Anyone interested?? :rotfl2:

I guess we better come up with better stuff to say on the ad in the paper, huh? :lmao:

Our family was sitting at tables by the fountain in MGM by Pizza Planet. My dad turns his head to catch a pre-schooler drop trough and pee in the fountain. He was obviously non-American, but to the parent's credit - they were horribly embarrased and swiped him over to a bathroom asap.

Needless to say - our entire party couldn't stop laughing!

(Obviously, a child urinating in a fountain is QUITE different than an adult male hopping a fence) :fish:

Wrong the companion bathrooms are not for everyone, they are for those who need assistance going to the bathroom

ok thats what i meant companion so i figured it was for a hubby and wife with kids and when you gotta go you need a place asap sorry if you disagree
You figured wrong.

Some guy was dragging his granddaughter to the Fast Pass line for Splash Mountain. DH and I were just about to hand our passes to the CM when Grandpa stomped on my pinky toe (which had a blister) and got in front of us. I was so mad because my toe hurt so bad. It had poured most of the week, so Splash Mountain was full. Grandpa was in front of us the entire time, while I made comments about how sad it is that people will make complete fools out of themselves just so they didn't have to be ONE party behind. The kid was young and didn't speak English anyway, so I figured I'd get a few jabs in for Grandpa who understood me perfectly - he kept giving me dirty looks, which only made me talk about "ignorant people" more. Well, Grandpa and the kid got the front row of a log and we were behind them - he thought he really made out in this bargain....he stepped on my toe and got the front row, so he must be cool. We were getting soaked because it was so full from all the rain. Then, it happened. We went down the big drop. The force of the water was so incredible, it knocked the hat right off of Grandpa's head. It went flying into the air and he got soaked. Not just normal Splash Mountain That Was Fun Soaked. No. We're talking Uncomfortable Pants Are Sticking To Me In Places Pants Shouldn't Stick Have To Go Change Soaked - Kali River Rapids when the tube gets stuck under a waterfall soaked. It was a beautiful moment. :goodvibes The kid, of course, loved every second of it. :rotfl: DH and I were walking behind them out of the attraction and I said, "Wow....I'm happy we didn't end up in the front row of that log!" :lmao:

Sometimes, Disney gets revenge for you.

I agree with FeralPeg, I am fed up with it and I truly don't think it is going to improve unles we become less passive about it. I don't want anyone to get hurt, but believe me when I go if I see anyone peeing in public, I am calling security and having them charged with public indeceny.

I am not normally an agreesive person. I try very hard to just let it go. But our last trip we had several older members in our group and very young children. Due to their ages the group, not me, decided they wanted to set on the upper level of the train station to watch the parades. I agree to get 3 chairs and put them at the rail and hold them for the group. I sat down in the middle chair, put my arms over the other two and put my bags and another back pack in the other. The group went to get some popcorn and I was there over an hour early.

The older adults were going to sit in the chairs and let our kids stand in front of them. Well of course before the rest of my reenforcements could return someone else came up and asked if the seats were taken and I told them yes the rest of my family is joining me and the lady walked away and joined her group.

An older woman probably in her 50s with the group kept eyeing my chairs and she came over and said, No one is sitting in them and we are going to. I told her again, that as I had explained to the younger girl in her group, they were taken. My group had gone for drinks and popcorn and would be back shortly.

She walked away and glared. Then she came back and said, they are not here, I am sitting down and preceded to pick up my back pack. Well that was it. I stood up, the balcony was packed and I said as Loudly as I could.

I have saved those seats for my Grandparents and nieces and nephews. I have been here an hour. If you try to take them from me, you are going to get a bird's eye view of the parade, because you are going over this railing.
She said, You wouldn't, I said, Don't Try Me!

She left and everyone on the balcony applauded.

Darian said:
And baring breasts, copulating in public, wearing lewd costumes for Marti Gras.... Ah New Orleans... maybe with its recent baptism by water it will clean up a bit. I'll take New Orleans Square at Disneyland any day over the "real deal." I can do without the garbage, pick-pockets, muggers and rats.

Oh it cleaned it up all right and they all moved to Houston and Memphis and other cities that crime has sky rocketed since Katrina.

2 princes 1 princess said:
Why are CMs letting this happen? I have never seen anything like this happen in the past 5 times we've been to WDW. When I read stories of people urinating everywhere I always wonder why people don't insist that a CM does something about it.
It should be a disease controll issue.
I know that the shock of seeing something like this could make you just want to walk away, but now that I've read so many stories of this happening, I'm going to make a point to stop a nearby CM and insist security is called on that person.

Because at Disney they want nonconfrontation. They want everyone to have a good time and as long as everyone that witnesses this type of behavior accepts it and does not complain it will continue. When enough guests get fed up with it and write them and say If I want to see this type of behavior I can stay home, they will change it. Until they will look the other way.

Darian said:

I'm no big fan of New Orleans, but it is in my backyard...so I will take up for them! Those bare breasted, copulating in public, lewd Mardi Gras costume wearing folks are from out-of-town...they are the ones who come in from all over (Colorado, the Bible belt, etc.) and let their hair down! I, too, prefer the Disney version of New Orleans, but don't speak of that baptism by water. I am from true Katrina country (where the hurricane actually hit) and I wouldn't wish it on anyone or any place, not even crime-infested New Orleans! I'm just thanking my lucky stars I can finally go on vacation and get away for a week!

Sorry, I'll step off my soap box now. There are some things I cannot let pass.

4mykids said:
I'm no big fan of New Orleans, but it is in my backyard...so I will take up for them! Those bare breasted, copulating in public, lewd Mardi Gras costume wearing folks are from out-of-town...they are the ones who come in from all over (Colorado, the Bible belt, etc.) and let their hair down! I, too, prefer the Disney version of New Orleans, but don't speak of that baptism by water. I am from true Katrina country (where the hurricane actually hit) and I wouldn't wish it on anyone or any place, not even crime-infested New Orleans! I'm just thanking my lucky stars I can finally go on vacation and get away for a week!

Sorry, I'll step off my soap box now. There are some things I cannot let pass.

Thanks for your point of view, and I agree about the nude, rude, and lewd comment in regards to tourists.

Having grown up in NOLA if all anyone ever sees is Mardi Gras then they haven't seen the true New Orleans. NOLA is/was a beautiful place not so long ago.

I had to comment on the Brazilian tour groups. I must say that our encounters with them, over the years, have been really horrible. I guess they usually go in the summer months because the one time we went outside of the summer months (March), I never saw any of their groups.

The rudeness, line cutting, pushing little kids out of the way (even knocking them down) and shoving. It stands out so much that my DH and I do everything we can to avoid them when we see them coming our way. (you can recognize them fairly easily, usually a large group wearing matching, brightly colored t-shirts that say Brasil on them and the person leading them with the flag)

It is so common with them that we are convinced that they are being told that they can act that way by whoever guides the tours. But, I guess I just wonder why they don't pay any attention to the remarks/dirty looks other people have given them for their rudeness? I cannot believe that behavior is a normal, everyday thing in Brazil. I sure hope not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter