Saw Planes today

phorsenuf

Not so New Rule author
They had an advanced screening for Vacation Club members at the AMC theaters at Downtown Disney. They showed it in 3D on three screens. Everyone was given a coupon for a free small popcorn and drink, which was really nice.

The movie was really cute and much better then I expected. I figured it would be a lame Cars rip-off but I didn't feel it was. In fact I think I may have liked it better then Cars. If you have little ones they will enjoy it for sure.

That's encouraging. Looking at the previews left me fearing a warmed over cars but set in the air.

We are looking forward to seeing it. One reason my dad (dds grandpa) just retired from 40 years as a crop duster. His "ag truck" was a '72 with the same Orange/White as Dusty.

If anyone is curious on the making of the movie, my dad subscribes to an Ag-Av magazine (of course!) and they had a great article on how they developed the Dusty character for the movie.

http://www.agaviation.org/sites/default/files/2013-july-august-cover-story.pdf

My dad's FAVORITE line I the article...

The funniest moment of the day came when a young woman approached Thiel right before takeoff. She was obviously from the city, and she says, And we want the sound of a flyover. I said, Okay. And she said, Im going to stand in the middle of the runway with my microphone over my head, andIwantyoutoflyovermeaslow as you feel comfortable. I said, Are you kidding me? Do you really know what we do? And she says, Well,
just fly over me as low as you feel comfortable. So I said, Okaaaay. 
She staked her spot, the crew called for the flyover and Thiel dropped down as low as he could go.We had to do it four times because the first two times she was screaming in the mic. The third and the fourth time she laid down. That was the best part of the day!
[Editors Note: No sound techs were harmed in the recording of the movie, but the young technician walked away having learned a lesson: Dont ever explicitly or implicitly issue a how low can you go? challenge to an aerial applicator.]

When I was little I was always so excited to see "how low he could go" and my kids had a thrill going to visit g'pa and watch him work. He's 70 so he needed to retire and sell... But my kids are :(

Glad to hear a positive review. As others have said, I pretty much expected a sub-par "Cars" which wasn't great for me anyway. I'm sure they'll make a killing on merch with this one too:earsboy:

We saw it today too!

They had a screening at a local military base. I wasn't expecting much but I loved it.

We will have to see it again because the theater was very loud- full of kids. But I am so glad we saw it for the first time there. Because first they played the national anthem with video playing that brought tears to my eyes. Then there was a wonderful video on Disney- Heroes Work Here highlighting CMs that with military backgrounds. Tears again. Then throughout the whole movie - tears,laughing, tears, laughing. I am not sure if I would have teared up so much if it wasn't for the introductions before the movie.

Our whole family loved it. I won't talk much about it because I would be afraid to spoil but all ages will love. So many laughs...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter