Saw Disney's "Frozen" last night. Wow.

Why do you watch any animated movies... or critique them at all, if you expect everything to be "real" and behave like they do in the real world?

It seems like a pretty silly criticism to me, criticizing an animated movie because a snowman talks. Or an elephant flies. Or mice talk to people. And so on and so on.

Then by their logic, The Lion King must have come out in 1990, I guess.

Beauty and the Beast is generally considered a better movie than The Lion King, if only slightly.

Not sure what their qualifications are for animated musical, but if this movie is better than Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, The Princess and the Frog, Mulan, Pocahantas, The Lion King, and Alladin, it's going to be very good.

Beauty and the Beast is generally considered a better movie than The Lion King, if only slightly.

Not sure what their qualifications are for animated musical, but if this movie is better than Tangled, Wreck-It-Ralph, The Princess and the Frog, Mulan, Pocahantas, The Lion King, and Alladin, it's going to be very good.

I've seen awful vacation home movies that were better than Princess and the Frog, so that wouldn't be saying much.

I didn't like Tangled based on the trailer, but I loved it when I finally watched it. Same thing with the Princess and the Frog. I regretted not watching them with my daughter in the movie theatre (my wife went with her). So, I basically skipped 2 disney princess movies with my daughter. Frozen isn't a princess story right?

I didn't like Tangled based on the trailer, but I loved it when I finally watched it. Same thing with the Princess and the Frog. I regretted not watching them with my daughter in the movie theatre (my wife went with her). So, I basically skipped 2 disney princess movies with my daughter. Frozen isn't a princess story right?

Based on the title, I'd have to say yes it is. When they changed Rapunzel to Tangled, it was in an attempt to trick males into the theater. When the two main characters are sisters, then I'd go with princess movie.

I still feel this could/would/should have been a far better film by omitting the snowman. And since I'm not one to hunt down trailers and spoiler and the like, I honestly have no idea. But in true Disney style, I'm nearly 100% positive that there is going to be a horse or horse-like animal in this one, who makes all sorts of goofy faces and probably sits on someone. At one point, horses were horses. Then came Pegasus. And the Maximus. And I'm sure I'm leaving a few others out. I hope Disney doesn't disappoint and includes another useless character like that in this film, too. If so, there goes the "no DreamWorks gags here" theory. As if the talking snowman couldn't be pulled right out of The Croods, or some other piece of awful animation offering from any other studio. To me, from the pictures I saw on posters of the princesses/princess, they actually look JUST like DreamWorks characters. Very blah, bland, and not much different from, say, Tangled. Which easily could have been a DreamWorks picture, too. Gotta love frying pan as a weapon humor.

Olaf may be the one of the goofiest looking Disney characters, and his voice may portray that he is an obnoxious character, but he is not a character you should pass judgement on until you see the movie. I saw this movie on Saturday and to be honest, I don't remember the last time I heard little kids behind me laugh so hard over a Disney character. Every word, movement, is perfectly paced with spot-on humor that doesn't detract from the story for even a second. Josh Gad really mastered this role, and mark my words, Olaf the Snowman will be flying off the shelves this winter.

Olaf may be the one of the goofiest looking Disney characters, and his voice may portray that he is an obnoxious character, but he is not a character you should pass judgement on until you see the movie. I saw this movie on Saturday and to be honest, I don't remember the last time I heard little kids behind me laugh so hard over a Disney character. Every word, movement, is perfectly paced with spot-on humor that doesn't detract from the story for even a second. Josh Gad really mastered this role, and mark my words, Olaf the Snowman will be flying off the shelves this winter.

Yes, but that's the key point... they made a goofy character for the kids.

The trend is to use androgynous adjectives. Enchanted, Tangled, Brave, Frozen. If we renamed the classics, they would be Poisoned, Fitted (for a shoe), Sedated, and Kidnapped.

Copyrightable androgynous adjectives. "Rapunzel" and "Snow Queen" are a century or more out of copyright. In fact, a "Snow Queen" titled movie was released about a month prior to "Frozen."

I suggest those in this thread that are criticizing "Frozen" to go and watch it before making any more presumptions...

Copyrightable androgynous adjectives. "Rapunzel" and "Snow Queen" are a century or more out of copyright. In fact, a "Snow Queen" titled movie was released about a month prior to "Frozen."

Disney... a company of adjectives.

This movie was great. Easily the best Disney movie in the past 20 years. Music is up there with Beauty and the Beast.

As for Olaf. He did what I expected him to do. Deliver one liners.

Our family saw the film last night and it was absolutely amazing! We loved all the characters, especially Olaf the snowman! The movie has all the makings of a classic - the story, the songs, the heart. We listened to the soundtrack the entire evening (and already have it on this morning) and can't wait to see the movie again.

I had posted earlier in the thread questioning the use of the snowman and as someone pointed out, all Disney movies have that goofy sidekick. I hadn't thought of it that way, so I decided to keep an open mind, and I'm so glad I did! Can't wait to see what awards this film gets!

Good movie, but not as memorable as Tangled, or Beauty and the Beast.

Best Funny moment was provided a little girl in the audiance. At the climax when Anna blocks the Sword and everything stops for a few secounds.

This girl shouts out: Dun..... Dot...... DAAAAAAAAA!:lmao:

The whole theater cracked upl

I loved the music. Honestly, I think the songwriting was pretty amazing! If you go back through and read the lyrics to "Let It Go", they are pretty striking. I'm listening to the soundtrack and I get a little teary - it strikes a cord with me I guess. But I totally admit I am a big baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter