• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saw Cirque du Soliel!

MartDM

DIS Veteran
I've been pessimistic about seeing this and had cleverly avoided it by filling our schedule up with other things on our past visits to WDW even though the hubby had expressed interest in it. I generally hate circusy, acrobatic, slapsticky kind of stuff and I guess I had some sort of preconceived notion that this would be a tedious type of thing like that. I'm not sure I could possibly have been more wrong.

This show was utterly fantastic. I couldn't stop talking about this show when we left the theater. I just loved it - even bought the DVD & video. It was incredibly entertaining & I was transfixed through most of it. It's part theater, part rock concert, part X-games, part symphony, part acrobatic wonders, and more. It truly defies description as it is more of an experience than simply a show you sit & watch.

I'm posting this mea culpa in case any of the rest of you, like me, hesitated about investing your time & money into visiting Cirque. Stop delaying & go see it...you won't regret it! I can't wait to catch one of the other shows they have running in other parts of the country (although I'm sure I'll hear another few years of "See I told you it was good...you should have listened" from my husband).

Wonderful! I'm so glad you had such a good time!

I also avoided it for several years for all the same reasons. Finally, my parents bought my DH and I tickets for Christmas and so we were forced to go. What a pleasant surprise! We LOVED it as well! I hope that anyone else who had reservations like ours will give the show a shot. It's truly amazing and a wonderful compliment to the Disney magic that surrounds it!

Hmmm, I have no interest either. I have seen a lot of Cirque shows on Bravo & they are interesting but I wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money. I bet it is so much better in person. I know my sis saw the show (not in WDW) & said her mouth was agape the whole time in amazement. Maybe I'll plan this in a future trip! Thanks for the info!

Erin,

I agree that it is much different on TV. In watching the DVD I find that it isn't anywhere near as compelling as being there live. It is a fun memory for me to watch but the experience doesn't translate well to video. Give it a shot, unless you truly hated everything about what you saw on TV, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how engaging the show can be.

we didn't have time to see it 2 years ago..... this time, we have tickets for the 6pm Friday night show. I can't wait!!!

We are interested in seeing this show on our upcoming trip. I am wondering if the orginal poster or anyone who has been can tell me if it is neccessary to buy the tickets in advance (now) or can I wait until we get to Disney? Glad to hear the show is so enjoyable! Thanks!

Glad you liked it. We love Cirque. We haven't been in a few years. I'm thinking that we should include it in our next trip....

I agree, it doesn't translate as well to the small screen. Seeing it live is a completely different experience.

We have always bought our tickets in advance.

Thanks for the post. I to have avoided seeing La Nouba, but have decided to check it out next week. Hope we enjoy it as much as you did.

I just ordered tickets to see LaNouba for the 4th time. This will be the first time we have seats in the center first row though. I know these seats are controversial but we want to try them! I've been told you can hear the ques being given, etc from the front row.

We're going a week from tomorrow! :bounce: Great seats too!!! Can't wait!!!

Have seen "Mystere" in Vegas but I hear this one's even better.

Cadies Mom-

I bought our tickets a few months in advance to ensure we had the seats we wanted. The night we went (a Thursday), the theater wasn't sold old but the only remaining seats were on the far edges of the upper section.

If you'll be at Disney for more than a few days and are flexible about what day/time you see the show, I would think you could buy last minute tickets as long as you aren't visiting during peak season. There are no guarantees though so if you definitely want to see it and definitely want to make sure you have optimal seats, I'd book it in advance from their web site.

I was a skeptic too. Living locally I was like "I am not paying that much for a show"... La Nouba had been at Disney for about 3 years when I was given tickets as a gift, so naturally I went. I have to say I feel the same way. After leaving there I was Like "Why did we wait so long to see that? I want to go again". Since then we have seen La Nouba countless times, Alegria twice, Quidam 4 times, O once, Mystere once, Dralion Once and Varekai 3 times (anxiously awaiting it's arrival in Tampa next year)... Hubby and I have our computer room decorated in all things Cirque and I can't rave enough about how wonderfully talented the artists are. Definetly not the same on Bravo... It is a must see LIVE performance.

:)

We were just there on Sat. What a GREAT show. It is none stop action from the time you sit down. You won't be disappointed.

I saw La Nouba last year and it was great. A few weeks ago saw "O" in las Vegas, and it is incredible! (Ticket prices are proportional too).

Glad I saw La Nouba first so I enjoyed both shows.

We've seen La Nouba 3 times so far. Great show! We're going to skip it this time, but only because we're spending money on some of the tours.

I've also seen O and Mystere in Vegas... Both great, but I liked O better. We've seen the touring shows of Drallion, Varakei and Quidam - all wonderful. It's a unique experience to see Cirque specifically in a building built for it (La Nouba), although the tent setups for the travelling performances are great too. The theater for O is something else! (O is almost entirely water-based, if you didn't know).

Next up will be another trip to Vegas to see O again, along with Zoomanity and the new one they're building in the MGM Grand. (Can't miss Blue Man Group either).

We saw La Nouba for the first time in Aug. 2000. I begged and pleaded with my father to go, but everyone else in our family (of 6!) wasn't particularly interested. BUT he ended up surprising me, and all of us, with tickets. The naysayers quickly changed their minds about the show!

DBF and I will be seeing the show in exactly 3 weeks (to the day) during our Dec. trip. I'm looking forward to seeing it again and to seeing his reaction as a first-timer.

BTW, in 2000, my dad bought tickets the day before using the resort concierge. Not sure if that would help you, but it can't hurt to try. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter