Savory Snacks ????

Alaska Catdog

<font color=sienna>One must be crafty to outwit th
DH and I want to wander around the parks noshing when we see something that looks yummy. We have a mental list of the sweet treats we don't want to miss but we are falling short when it comes to savory treats. Does anyone have any not so sweet favorites at any of the parks (particularly Epcot and Magic Kingdom)? Thanks. :)

I love the cheese plate at the French bakery - it's a fantastic value and comes with grapes and bread, too.

The big pretzels are good

I like the popcorn found at the MK - it's like movie theater popcorn and they sell them in a plastic bucket that is SO conveinant (sp?)

There's always Mickey D's fries! =)

ok..kaki gori in Japan..its this shaved ice in 3 diff flavors and is huge, only 2.25

Norway bakery has 2 yummies..
Lufsa, and school bread!!! very cheap and yummy!!!!!

germany-
gotta get a pretzel

i forget the country but they have funnel cakes..very yummy!!

mexic0-
they have nachoes that are huge they are a meal ..pair them up with a frozen margarita!!!!

ah so much food..so yummypopcorn:: :mickeybar :mickeybar !!!

Egg roll cart in MK. Also now has samosas I've heard. Open seasonally, but we've seen it open even in January -- which is definitely off season.

turkey legs!
they have jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels in the MK and I think MGM.
I love the popcorn at Disney.
Plenty to choose from around the countries in WS, nachos, eggrolls, brats, sandwiches in France and Norway bakeries, fish and chips, etc

Has anyone been lately and found the Spicy Cheese pretzels? We were there the first week of September and they were MISSING! They weren't even on the menu! The Launching Pad in tomorrowland is ALWAYS on my list of things to do to get the fabulous pretzels and I'm SO SAD they are gone!

Those were even listed in the unofficial guide as "best snack" and I can't believe they would discontinue them! The cast member acted like he didn't even know what I was talking about!

I hope they bring them back before my Thanksgiving trip!

I love the cheese plate at the French bakery - it's a fantastic value and comes with grapes and bread, too.

I like the popcorn found at the MK - it's like movie theater popcorn and they sell them in a plastic bucket that is SO conveinant (sp?)

The cheese plate is great, big enough to share (3 good size wedges w/bread & grapes) and a great value. A nice outside table, the cheese plate and a glass of wine...gotta love it :thumbsup2

I agree with you, sweet treats seem much more abundant than savory treats. However I enjoy..

Popcorn
Pretzel
Hot Dog from Casey's - Split between my sister and me
Brat from Germany - Split between my sister and me

We used to enjoy Figaro Fries, but now that they're just cheese fries with bacon we'll skip them.

Potstickers from China in Epcot
Pretzel from anywhere
Popcorn from anywhere
Egg Rolls and Samosas from the cart in Adventureland in MK
Corn Dog nuggets with cheese sauce (I know I am gaining weight just reading this) from Caseys

Epcot: Fish & Chips in England; Cheese Plate from the bakery in France; Giant Pretzel in Germany; the sandwiches at the bakery in Norway are also tasty.

MK: We love the hotdogs at Casey's ... that's actually the only savory snack we usually have there.

We don't usally eat at MGM or the AK, so I've got nothing for you there. We do most of our eating at Epcot ... so many choices!

The cheese plate........Is this on the DDP? It sounds wonderful.

turkey legs!
they have jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels in the MK and I think MGM.
I love the popcorn at Disney.
Plenty to choose from around the countries in WS, nachos, eggrolls, brats, sandwiches in France and Norway bakeries, fish and chips, etc

They had jalapeno stuffed pretzels:scared1: , oh please do tell were:worship:

The corndog nuggets at Casey's in MK.
The turkey leg in Tomorrowland, a big snack but you could share, that's what we do!
At France in Epcot, they have a ham and cheese croissant sandwich, it is good sized and available as a snack on the DDP. There's probably lots of yummy things you can found around the world!

Btw, where do you get a brat in Germany? I've never noticed too much there other than shopping! :upsidedow

Btw, where do you get a brat in Germany? I've never noticed too much there other than shopping! :upsidedow

You know where it goes back between the shops, where the entrance to Biergarten is? The CS is right outside of the entrance to Biergarten.

I'm subscribing. These are great ideas, especially if you are on the DP, and I'm making a list of everything!

Snacks Around the World
Pretzels
Popcorn

Magic Kingdom
Casey’s on Main Street – Corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce
Adventureland – Egg Roll cart in Adventureland, sells samosas too!
Tomorrowland rockets - Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels

Epcot
France – big Cheese plate, comes with grapes and bread too! Ham and cheese croissant sandwich is also a snack.
Japan - Kaki Gori shaved ice
China - Potstickers
Norway - Schoolbread
Mexico – Big Nachos
Germany – Giant pretzels
U.K. – Fish and Chips (is this 1 Snack credit or Counter Service?)

Any savory snacks in the Animal Kingdom or Disney's Hollywood Studios to look out for?

The Egg roll cart at Adventureland in MK is only open seasonally. Will it be open in late October and again in mid-November, prior to Thanksgiving?

Jalapeno pretzles under the rockets in Tomorrow land. They are so good :thumbsup2

Seriously???? They sounds delish.... adding them to my list! What exactly are they? Are the hots in the dough, or are then on the outside like salt? Or ar the pretzels stuffed?

Odd questions I know, but I love tryin new spicy stuff. Are they wicked spicey?

(excuse the "wicked".... I'm from Boston;) )

They are jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels, not just jalapenos. I have bought them at the Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland and at DHS at the stand near the lake shaped like a boat (Min and Bills???).

Here is a jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel

IMG_4802.jpg

IMG_0726-edited.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter