Savings

While on board what is the benefits of booking another cruise? Do you save money? Does it help to be a Castaway Club member? Thank You
Yes you do save you get 10% off of the next cruise fare, ( ex taxes and port fees)if you sail within 24 months of making a reservation on ship, and an amount of on board credit of between $100 and $200 depending on cruise length, now you are automatically a castaway club member after your first cruise just ask DCL for your number.

The main benefits are 50% off the deposit, an onboard credit depending in the length of the cruise, and 10% off the total fare. So yes, you can save a significant amount of money.

The main benefits are 50% off the deposit, an onboard credit depending in the length of the cruise, and 10% off the total fare. So yes, you can save a significant amount of money.

I've been on 3 Disney cruises already do you get anything for being a silver castaway club member? or is that the 10%

Yes you do save you get 10% off of the next cruise fare, ( ex taxes and port fees)if you sail within 24 months of making a reservation on ship, and an amount of on board credit of between $100 and $200 depending on cruise length,.

And also DCL Insurance if you see the need/want to buy.

I've been on 3 Disney cruises already do you get anything for being a silver castaway club member? or is that the 10%

There are no further discounts for castaway club members. As a silver member, you will get a small onboard gift in your cabin.

The 50% off deposit (which translates to a 10% deposit rather than a 20% deposit) is only good on 7-nights or longer. Otherwise it is the standard 20% deposit. (Which actually is kind of nice because it all has to be paid anyway...)

The 50% off deposit (which translates to a 10% deposit rather than a 20% deposit) is only good on 7-nights or longer. Otherwise it is the standard 20% deposit. (Which actually is kind of nice because it all has to be paid anyway...)

The deposit is now $200 per stateroom so I think that makes the whole percentage thing obsolete, no?

The deposit is now $200 per stateroom so I think that makes the whole percentage thing obsolete, no?
Well, that $200 is if you book a "placeholder" OBB. As in, you are saying that you are going to book a future cruise, but you don't have a specific date/cruise booked. I believe if you book a specific cruise, the deposits for the Onboard Bookings remains the 20% or10% depending on length of the cruise.

As Shmoo said, for those of us who know when we want to cruise and book that onboard, we pay the regular deposit - 10 or 20% depending on length of cruise.

At least I hope they still give us that option - to book when we know for sure when we will cruise. Otherwise it will just give me an annoying extra step (get home and go on the website to book what I knew I wanted while on board) and honestly make me rethink booking anything on board.

Eta: I have a friend cruising in two weeks, and she is going to clarify if indeed you can continue to book a certain cruise if you know your dates and cruise as she knows what she wants to book as well and would rather not deal with placeholder silliness knowing the dates she wants.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter