• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saving "One Man's Dream" - Signatures Needed

I agree that permanently getting rid of One Man's Dream would be sad and a mistake.

I am hoping that the closing of the current location is just a temporary step and that it will reopen, maybe in another park (like Epcot?).

I agree that permanently getting rid of One Man's Dream would be sad and a mistake.

I am hoping that the closing of the current location is just a temporary step and that it will reopen, maybe in another park (like Epcot?).
Perhaps the unused second floor in the Imagination pavilion? That seems like an astoundingly perfect fit, actually!

I feel it never hurts to be supportive of someone else's heartfelt petition even though it may not affect a change. At least the CM who initiated the petition knows there are many others who support her belief.

Sometimes uproars do affect a change: no more "poop treats" in AK.

I feel it never hurts to be supportive of someone else's heartfelt petition even though it may not affect a change. At least the CM who initiated the petition knows there are many others who support her belief.

Except the one petition I signed on change.org, they kept sending me other petitions to sign. I had to opt out, or delete the account...I forget which. In any case, it was a pain.

I signed it and shared it on my Facebook page.

Did they get rid of those awful looking poop treats? Idk who the heck thought that was a good idea. :crazy2: So gross.

When merchandise or food doesn't sell--that is often enough.

Bummer about One Man's Dream.

It did open for his 100th birthday. So I am surprised it stayed open this long.

What a shame they are getting rid of this and not taking the opportunity to relocate it somewhere. One would think with so much empty space, especially in Epcot, it would be easy for a multibazillion-dollar film and entertainment company to relocate it. I know it was never meant to be permanent, but I think it was such a well-done exhibit that it had the ability to be around for longer. Especially when you see some of the attractions they keep around forever. My kids loved looking at those models. And they even enjoyed the movie, I think it gave them a perspective on the whole thing. It's too bad.

i thought most postrs here thought poop treets were great makes me wunder what other stuff they get behind lol

Getting off-topic, but I'm not sure why people feel the need to impose their sensibilities on others. If you didn't like the "Poop" treats, simply pass them by. Why the need to eradicate them? I like bunnies, but I wouldn't start a petition to have rabbit removed from a menu just because someone was going to eat something I keep as a pet. It's fine to protest with your wallet, but don't ruin it for everyone else.

I'm all for grass-roots efforts. But it closes next week. No amount of uproar is going to change that. Plus, there's no final word on whether the exhibit will be back in a different form once the construction is over.
It's closing? Did I miss that somehow?

According to a rumor posted, there is going to be a $3 billion renovation of DHS. Everything is going except RnR, ToT, Toy Story, GMR. New park will feature Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pixar. Star Tours will be relocated. So the entire section where One Mans Dream is at will be redone, probably the Pixar area.

New park will be called Disneys Hollywood Adventure.

As part of the Animation Academy and Magic of Disney Animation closing:( I guess there are no more magic or dreams at WDW.
Oh no. :( I thought it was only Magic of Disney Animation... I didn't realize they were linked.

We visit this every trip, but sadly we rarely go in when there's more than a handful of people in there. Hopefully they'll re-open elsewhere and it's just moving it, but if people don't visit the attraction, then I can see where they'd close it.

We visit this every trip, but sadly we rarely go in when there's more than a handful of people in there. Hopefully they'll re-open elsewhere and it's just moving it, but if people don't visit the attraction, then I can see where they'd close it.

It depends on the crowd levels. I've been in it during high crowd levels when it has been quite full, including the movie.

It depends on the crowd levels. I've been in it during high crowd levels when it has been quite full, including the movie.

We usually go when it's quite busy in the summer, but hopefully we just happened to be there where not many others were. I'd love to think people are still interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter