• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saving Mr. Banks

O2BONDCL

Earning My Ears
We are going to be on the fantasy through Saturday Dec 21. Saving Mr. Banks comes out Friday Dec 20...will it premier on the ship that night? Or will they wait until the next cruise?

We are on the 12/22 Magic sailing and wondering also if we will see this terrific sounding movie on the ship. We are saving "Frozen" for our sailing!

The first showing will be at 1201 on the day it releases. The Prim Ear will be on Friday Morning in the Walt Disney Theater. If you are still on the ship on Friday, they will offer multiple showings that day. Most likely in the Buena Vista Theater.

I know people have asked this before but I can't seem to find it. How long do they normally play movies for? For example, any thoughts on if this is likely to still be playing our March 2nd cruise?

I know people have asked this before but I can't seem to find it. How long do they normally play movies for? For example, any thoughts on if this is likely to still be playing our March 2nd cruise?

A movie will play as long as it's popular. Some movies have played for months, others were gone in weeks. I'd hazard a guess that this is one that will be there a while.

A movie will play as long as it's popular. Some movies have played for months, others were gone in weeks. I'd hazard a guess that this is one that will be there a while.

Yes, but that doesn't begin to explain why they were STILL playing the Lone Ranger in October! Ugh. They didn't show Planes half as many times and that was only 2 months old.

We saw Saving Mr Banks last week here in the UK, it was amazing, pre-ordered it on iTunes :)

We are sailing the wonder through the 21st and I know for a fact that we are getting to see it on the 20th, so I'm sure you will too!

And would bet it will be playing into the summer months...along with Frozen.
They always play them for a long time onboard.

MJ

The ads on TV right now for it are saying "in select theaters this Friday" in theaters everywhere on the 20th. Do you guys think there is any chance the cruise ships might count as "select theaters" - we leave on the Magic for a 5 day this Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter