• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Saving Mr. Banks"-A treat for all Disney fans

skbaker

Earning My Ears
Had the opportunity tonight to attend an advance screening of "Saving Mr. Banks". Tom Hanks' portrayal of Walt Disney is amazing! Fun to see Disney and his emerging empire in the early 60's. All of you who are true Disney fans are in for a real treat!! You'll never view "Mary Poppins" in the same way again.

Had the opportunity tonight to attend an advance screening of "Saving Mr. Banks". Tom Hanks' portrayal of Walt Disney is amazing! Fun to see Disney and his emerging empire in the early 60's. All of you who are true Disney fans are in for a real treat!! You'll never view "Mary Poppins" in the same way again.

:thumbsup2 I can't wait to see it!

My 3rd grader just did a biography project on Walt, and I was wondering if it would be age appropriate. We watched the trailor and I can't tell. The theme with the father might go over her head. We love Mary Poppins and saw the Broadway show last year so she would get that part.
What do you think?

A friend of mine has a fifth grader in the same situation. I told her that there is nothing graphic or inappropriate in the movie itself -- it's a refreshingly "clean" film overall, one or maybe two curse words, but nothing sexually overt or lewd. But, as you noted, the theme of the relationship with the father may well be too mature for your daughter. There are lots of flashbacks of the adult P.L. Travers looking at what she experienced as a child, but through grown up eyes. On the bright side, if it really is over your daughter's head, she won't notice and can just enjoy the movie.

Happy to hear that it was wonderful; have been looking forward to seeing it since I saw the trailer last year :thumbsup2

Wrong post..lol.

But wanted to say I am really excited for this film..so happy to hear positive things.

I was lucky enough to see an advanced screening in the UK last week. It was just as wonderful as I had hoped and imagined. Will definitely be seeing it a few more times whilst it's at the cinema!

I saw it last night also (kind of sad, a very small screening) and it was wonderful. Sadly, it actually makes PL Travers look like a much better person than she actually was in real life! But it was a wonderful film, perfect touch of drama and comedy.

Looking forward to seeing it - if our DD11 wasn't with us I'd be heading to this event.

We saw a screening last night as well. A lovely movie and was neat to see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter