Saving Money or Getting Cash Back on Disney Gift Cards

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
Is there a way to save a little $ or get cash back on Disney Gift Cards? My sisters family wants a character meal for their Christmas gift. I would be booking Chef Mickey's dinner or Garden Grill for 15 over Christmas week, so I can use any savings I can get. My plan is to buy a few gift cards a month. FWIW, we don't have a club membership, but we're considering Costco. Our credit cards are Visa, & I have no interest in getting another credit card. Also, does the Disney Store website give cash back on gift card purchases? That may be the best route to go. Thanks in advance for the help. :thanks:

You may want to check on the Budget Board. I think I saw over there a few months ago that if you sign up for the Target Red Card Debit Card, you get 5% off purchases made with the card, including gift cards.

I know that you said you didn't want a new card, but since it's a debit card, maybe that doesn't count?

I've never seen Disney GC at Costco, so that wouldn't be a good reason to sign up for a membership (although there are plenty of others :thumbsup2).

But like I said, go check out the Budget Board, they have tons of savings ideas over there!

You may want to check on the Budget Board. I think I saw over there a few months ago that if you sign up for the Target Red Card Debit Card, you get 5% off purchases made with the card, including gift cards.

I know that you said you didn't want a new card, but since it's a debit card, maybe that doesn't count?

I've never seen Disney GC at Costco, so that wouldn't be a good reason to sign up for a membership (although there are plenty of others :thumbsup2).

But like I said, go check out the Budget Board, they have tons of savings ideas over there!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been considering getting a Target Debit Card for free shipping anyway. This is another good reason to get one.

I'll search the Budget Board. I gave up on it a few years ago, when a very few, very vocal people turned it into a financial discussion board & a place to bash people they didn't feel spent their money wisely. The negative tone wasn't inviting to say the least. I don't care how other people spend their money. Hopefully, it's no longer like that.

If you mean can you get cash back when paying with a Disney gift card, I'm pretty sure you can't. In my experience, very few stores give cash back when using a gift card and most gift cards say that you can't get money back.

Before Christmas this past year and the year before Target had a coupon spend $50 and get a $10 target giftcard. It worked if you bought $50 disney then you got a $10 target for free. I believe you could then use the $10 target to buy the next $50 and I belive people were even about to buy $200 and use 4 coupons and get $40 worth of target...and people also used there redcard...

I did get a few back in 2011 but this year I didnt because I didnt think I had a trip coming up...then decided to book a week fopr star wars weekend...oh well.

If you mean can you get cash back when paying with a Disney gift card, I'm pretty sure you can't. In my experience, very few stores give cash back when using a gift card and most gift cards say that you can't get money back.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was referring to using a site like ebates that gives cash back, when you use their link to shop online. They offer CB for The Disney Store online. I was wondering, if it works on gift cards or only on merchandise.

Before Christmas this past year and the year before Target had a coupon spend $50 and get a $10 target giftcard. It worked if you bought $50 disney then you got a $10 target for free. I believe you could then use the $10 target to buy the next $50 and I belive people were even about to buy $200 and use 4 coupons and get $40 worth of target...and people also used there redcard...

I did get a few back in 2011 but this year I didnt because I didnt think I had a trip coming up...then decided to book a week fopr star wars weekend...oh well.

That would be great. I hope they'll have another offer like that soon.

Target also has the pharmacy rewards which can be coupled with the red card. I have the red card and had a pharmacy reward (which is another 5%) and was able to get almost 10 % off. (100 less 5% = 95; 95 less another 5% = 90.25). I bought about $300 worth that way. One good reason to get the 30 day instead of 90 day refills! You get a reward cert for every 5 prescriptions.

I also have a red card so you save money every time you use it. However, they often have deals where if you buy certain products you get a Target got card. For example, they often have diapers, so if I buy two boxes of diapers, that I will use anyways and normally have coupons for, then I get a $10 gift card. Buy my diapers there a few times and I have enought gift cards to buy a Disney gift card, or to get free diapers, whichever works best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter