savemichaeleisner.com

First I've seen of this. It's really a under-researched piece of crap. Leaves out all of ME's failures.

Originally posted by lucky_bunni
First I've seen of this. It's really a under-researched piece of crap. Leaves out all of ME's failures.

One could easily say the same about "SaveDisney.com," IMO.

Not that I disagree with your opinion about the SaveMichaelEisner site either.

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
One could easily say the same about "SaveDisney.com," IMO.

Would you please grace us by pointing out some of savedisney.com's failures?

Sorry - I may have taken your position the wrong way. I too agree that savedisney.com is skewed.

Originally posted by lucky_bunni
Would you please grace us by pointing out some of savedisney.com's failures?

Well, for one, it attempts to paint ME as one who single-handedly destroyed everything that Walt Disney once built. It fails to recognize the important things that ME has done for the company and it really fails to highlight anything that Roy Disney could offer. Even further, it actually supports positions that in the long-term could harm the company? For one, the Disney-Pixar deal. Disney made it sound as if he would have ensured a new deal at any cost! Do you really want a Disney that "buys" animation from third parties and has its hands tied because one couldn't bear the loss of this contract?

By far I'm not a fan of ME but I don't disregard everything that he has done for Disney. Let us not forget the sad state of the company that he took over and the important things he has built it into.

I do think it is time for ME to go but I don't want to see things done that in the long-run will harm the Walt Disney Co. to get that accomplished. IMO, Disney is taking such steps. When Comcast announced its bid, Disney actually had nothing but positive things to say about a possible "relationship" between the two companies. No, I would never support that. WDC needs to remain an independent company.

Well, for one, it attempts to paint ME as one who single-handedly destroyed everything that Walt Disney once built. It fails to recognize the important things that ME has done for the company and it really fails to highlight anything that Roy Disney could offer.

I agree that ME has done good things for the company historically. He brought them back from the graveyard when he came on. However, his missteps over the last few years have cost the company and its image dearly. On the other hand I believe Roy has done a lot of shouting with no clear solution on how to solve the problems at Disney. Also his record when he was at Disney isn't exactly shining. Disney and Gold haven't even suggested who they'd endorse to take over.

Even further, it actually supports positions that in the long-term could harm the company? For one, the Disney-Pixar deal. Disney made it sound as if he would have ensured a new deal at any cost! Do you really want a Disney that "buys" animation from third parties and has its hands tied because one couldn't bear the loss of this contract?

Long term Disney doesn't have anything spectactular in the works when it comes to animation. That's why, until it has a clear plan for animation in place, it needs to hold onto Pixar with a good product. I also believe that the two companies should work out a contract that both are happy with because: 1) there is a lot of money to be made -and- 2) Pixar has a great product that would be hell to compete with if they were at another studio.

I do think it is time for ME to go but I don't want to see things done that in the long-run will harm the Walt Disney Co. to get that accomplished. IMO, Disney is taking such steps. When Comcast announced its bid, Disney actually had nothing but positive things to say about a possible "relationship" between the two companies. No, I would never support that. WDC needs to remain an independent company.

I won't blame ME for all the problems at Disney right now. One other person I can think of that is in the blame boat is Paul Presler. They need a new management team with a new vision, who are willing to not compromise the soul values of the company. Beyond anything, I agree with you that WDC should stay independent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter