Saved over 30% on my POP room!

I was able to link to my Disney account with my confirmation number, no problem. Is everyone making sure that they're using the 11-digit Disney confirmation number and not the Travelocity Trip ID (they're both included in the Travelocity confirmation email so might be easy to confuse)? If you're still having trouble I would contact Disney. You want to be sure that the reservation is confirmed w/them. Whenever I make any reservations with Travelocity, Orbitz, etc. I always call the hotel to confirm the reservation (though this is my first time booking Disney through them).

Oh crap, I forgot to do this under my ebates account. There's no way I can link them now for the 5% cash back, is there? :(

Just an update: I got a confirmation email showing my rebate posted to my account a few hours later. This was :banana:quicker than I'd seen in the past and everything looked good. Makes me so much more excited about this deal!

Mine just posted also. Thanks to everyone who shared info in this thread on maximizing discounts. I would never have found this stuff myself.

One interesting point to note, and I'd be interested in hearing thoughts, is that when I contacted the WL IPO (we booked a club level room), they were not able to find the reservation using the confirmation number given. At the same time however, I had no issues linking it with MDE account.:confused3

I just emailed them again with the lead persons name (silly me forgot the ressie is under my mom's name) and dates to see if that helps! I'm a little worried as I really like to use the IPO - plus I need room requests to link ressies and request bunk beds.

On another note, when I booked online with travelocity, I was only able to add two adults and two children to the reservation. I wasn't able to add my DD2, an infant. I called Travelocity this morning and they were able to talk to their wholesale rep and added her no problem. When I refreshed MDE reservations, it was amended! I was worried about trying to do this and was pleasantly surprised at how painless the process was.

One interesting point to note, and I'd be interested in hearing thoughts, is that when I contacted the WL IPO (we booked a club level room), they were not able to find the reservation using the confirmation number given. At the same time however, I had no issues linking it with MDE account.:confused3

I just emailed them again with the lead persons name (silly me forgot the ressie is under my mom's name) and dates to see if that helps! I'm a little worried as I really like to use the IPO - plus I need room requests to link ressies and request bunk beds.

On another note, when I booked online with travelocity, I was only able to add two adults and two children to the reservation. I wasn't able to add my DD2, an infant. I called Travelocity this morning and they were able to talk to their wholesale rep and added her no problem. When I refreshed MDE reservations, it was amended! I was worried about trying to do this and was pleasantly surprised at how painless the process was.
That is good to hear... I will want to request that our group (4 rooms total, but we are all booking separately) has rooms relatively close to each other, but Travelocity doesn't give that option when booking, so I'm hoping that it will be easy to get us linked through Disney. I have to wait until everyone has booked though (still waiting on 2 parties).

Does anyone know how long this deal is good for? I could book BC for only $154 more than my Dolphin rate; but we really don't have the cash flow this week to pay for the whole stay up front since we just had to pay $2000 to get our AC fixed.

I tried the code this morning and it was still active..I would just give it a try!
GL!!

ETA--not sure it was supposed to end yesterday! you can try when you are ready to pay in full OR maybe google for another code..

Can someone tell me what ebates is? I looked at the website but can't figure much out. Does it cost something to join?

If the 15% off coupon code (GBH15E) starts to show as expired since it was supposed to end already it looks like there is another code (RMN10) for only 10% that retailmenot says is good until 6-16 that could be used. I did just do a quick check and validated that it does work on Travelocity.

Switching to Poly for our first trip (7 nights/6 day base tickets, this August) with this deal, saving over $500! It comes out to under $3000 which is awesome considering rack rate for that package would be $4500!!!! Also signed up for the ebates to earn the cash back! This just made my whole day thanks so much!!!! :worship::banana:

BTW; on ebates it says "Up to 45% off Vacation Packages to Walt Disney World. (Exp. 06/07/2013)" but says no coupon code required. However I used the code the OP posted so not sure how to get the 45% off w/o that code :confused3

Or instead of cancelling tell them you are thinking of cancelling unless they give you discount ;)

Ahh but since it's more of a 'well I want to maximize my money and I forgot to shop through ebates and now I need to re-do this', I don't think they'd offer me the same discount if I had to go through it all again.

Plus, they technically gave me the room cheaper on the phone. On their website with the SAME code, I was quoted $541.75. Booked over the phone (because of issues on my computer) and paid $533.33. Why? I have no idea, but man was I HAPPY!

It's free. You shop through them to earn cash back:
http://www.ebates.com/help/howtojoin.htm
Thanks! I'll have to check it out... wish I had known about that before I booked.

Ahh but since it's more of a 'well I want to maximize my money and I forgot to shop through ebates and now I need to re-do this', I don't think they'd offer me the same discount if I had to go through it all again.

Plus, they technically gave me the room cheaper on the phone. On their website with the SAME code, I was quoted $541.75. Booked over the phone (because of issues on my computer) and paid $533.33. Why? I have no idea, but man was I HAPPY!
That's weird! But good.

The 15% off code was still active this evening when I booked. Thank you to the OP for posting this, that was a very nice savings!! Org. I had booked Wyndham in DTD for Fri-Sun then checking in Monday at Pop but it ended up being cheaper to just do Pop the whole time b/c of that discount code. And on top of that I will get extra 5.5% thru Ebates.. excellent! :cool1:

I was trying the 11 digit Disney conf. number...didn't work...tried the 12 digit Travelocity number...nothing...yesterday.
Just did the 11 digit Disney number and MDE WORKS!
YAY! :banana:

Thank you to the original poster (rustyanchor) for sharing your code. I called WDW to see if they could "match" the 15% savings offered by travelocity, but was told they could not. The CM did say, no worries, book with Travelocity if I wanted to save the $$$ since it's still a Disney reservation. We were able to save $77.80 on a 4 night stay in a Little Mermaid room, which WDW has excluded from all current discount room offers, so any savings is appreciated.

I just wanted to mention that Orbitz also has a 15% off code IN ADDITION to the summer Disney offer ( 30% Deluxe) Looks like basically the same availability as Travelocity site. Orbitz code SUNFUN15. It takes a considerable amount more off even with Disney's discount:) I have a room only ressie now with the 30 through Disney but am considering booking thru Orbitz now, but for some reason I am still feeling hesitant. I hope someone can use this code! Especially since the Travelocity one is over:yay:

Also... Plenty availability at most resorts , every catergory!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter