Save VMK Today's Mailing Campaign - Please participate!

Vary

Mouseketeer
I'd really appreciate if everyone would take the time to participate in Save VMK Today's mailing campaign, which they announced this morning. The goal is to get as many people as possible to send in a 'flat' of their vmk Character to the same three people at Disney - Bob Iger, Paul Yanover, and Edward Kummer. Unified campaigns like this have gotten real results in the past, but they really need everyone's participation!

So, along with whatever else you're doing this week, please take a little time to make three flats just for this campaign - there are instructions on a few different ways to do it in the link above - and send them with a little note or letter to the addresses that SVMKT have provided. And if any of you are members at other forums and haven't seen discussion on this yet, please do spread the word! Thanks a lot!

Edit: You can also find fantastic instructions on making flats and some of the finer points of graphic editing in AmberDaze's excellent guide thread: [thread=1249885]Guide to Making VMK Character Flats :)[/thread]

Walt Disney Company
Attn: Robert Iger
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521-9722

Walt Disney Internet Group
Attn: Paul Yanover
5161 Lankershim Blvd., 4th Fl.
North Hollywood, CA 91601

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online
Attn: Edward Kummer
1025 Grand Central Ave.
Glendale, CA 91201

(according to SaveVMKToday)

i saw your avatars on the site this morning. too cute! ive been trying to do this all day, but cant get it just right. the picture ive been trying to use is my avatar on Dis. it is a screen shot of me and Lucky giving each other a high five! i cant seem to get it large enough. any extra tips? i already read what savevmktoday said... still having problems
- thanks -
Yo

i saw your avatars on the site this morning. too cute! ive been trying to do this all day, but cant get it just right. the picture ive been trying to use is my avatar on Dis. it is a screen shot of me and Lucky giving each other a high five! i cant seem to get it large enough. any extra tips? i already read what savevmktoday said... still having problems
- thanks -
Yo

I too am having problems with making my avatar big enough to do this without it becoming pixelated. Days please share your secret, your avatars seem so big and clear.

- thanks -
Yo
Are you working from the original screenshot, or from the avatar? It looks like it's been scaled down a little, which could be part of your problem. What program are you using, and what problem are you having exactly - does it look 'wrong' at a larger size, or are you just plain having trouble getting it big enough?

Are you working from the original screenshot, or from the avatar? It looks like it's been scaled down a little, which could be part of your problem. What program are you using, and what problem are you having exactly - does it look 'wrong' at a larger size, or are you just plain having trouble getting it big enough?

i have the original screen shot. i made the reduced copy of it to post here as my avatar. i have microsoft office picture manager, windows picture viewer, paint, and hp image viewer, availible to use. everytime i try to enlarge it any bigger than a thumb it gets very spotty. thanks for your help :thumbsup2

Sorry for the double post, but I can't believe I didn't put a link to AmberDaze's more complete guide to making flats/photo editing in my first post.

[thread=1249885]Guide to Making VMK Character Flats :)[/thread]

The instructions on SVMKT were streamlined a bit; there is lots of useful stuff in Amber's thread.

Mine is in the mail. My little character is saying, "Please don't delete me!" How can you resist that? :goodvibes

i have the original screen shot. i made the reduced copy of it to post here as my avatar. i have microsoft office picture manager, windows picture viewer, paint, and hp image viewer, availible to use. everytime i try to enlarge it any bigger than a thumb it gets very spotty. thanks for your help :thumbsup2
I've pm'd you. :)

Working on Littlebelle. Last time I had her out in Public I took screen shots of her on the Disney Magic with Canadian Mickey on a life preserver . Going to find that pic as well :)

woot... I'm to cute to shut off! :) Mine will be mailed tomorrow

I am having the same pixellation problem as the others. I tried the "stretch" feature in Paint but it still looks pixellated if I try to get it up to a decent size. Could use some extra help here too.

I was having trouble too until I read lower in her post. Try making it no more than 300 pixels/4 inches tall. Maybe a little larger. But too much larger and they become pixelated.

I too am having problems with making my avatar big enough to do this without it becoming pixelated. Days please share your secret, your avatars seem so big and clear.

The best scenario is to take your screen shot in an Everest room (since this is the room I've always used). Then in your photo program, crop the image out to just above and below your character's image. Then resize that image to 4" tall and 300 pixels. It will come out much clearer. Check post 22 in my guide for more info, and let me know if you still have any questions. :goodvibes

BTW... save your pics in .png format -- pics are much clearer. :)

If you don't have the Everest room, the Winter Wonderland room works well, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter